How To Stop Chain Messages?

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

Well my friend belives in chain messages and always sends them to me.It's getting annoying! Like I will die or something.Does anyone know how to stop them from being sent to you and I don't want to get rid of texting because I always text my friends.I told her to stop but she still does it.Any help?​

2. tSG1 Chaser

Maybe you should do the same, to show her how annoying it is?

3. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Honey you are not going to die if you don't send them on :\

Just delete them. You can still use your phone to text without having to participate in the sending of chain letters :3

Things like that have no real power, they only have a percieved power because of people believing in them.

If they really could cause harm I would have been killed by 12 dead girls in my closet, 5 undead beings would have eaten me, I would have no money until I was 112 and I would have a combined total of 362 years bad luck. That's not including all the random deaths before I am certain ages and the Never finding my one true love for Valentines day 5 years ago.

Bottom line is, if your friend likes them and sends them then let her, it does no harm to just delete them <3 and you don't have to give up texting.

4. Saintlikesgirls Chaser

i think he was just saying that he was going to die by the fact that they are so annoying, not that stupid "you will die tonight if you don't send to 5 other people" thing.

But yeah, just delete them and ignore them.
    And i have a friend like that too, honestly you just have to get used to it.

5. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, my friend really does that in Youtube.

I usually hate Chain Letters.

I delete them or ignore them.

I think that's what you should do also.

And what else...

You should tell your friend that you should it to somebody else or something.

6. 778MasterMarluxia Twilight Town Denizen

chain messages are so annoying a gay. just ignore them.

7. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

xDD I know that I mean that's what it says and it annoys me.

But thanks to everyone and I will try to see if I can delete the number I dunno if I can though....

8. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

Deleting the number won't really solve the problem, because the person sending them to you still has your number. As everyone else has said, just delete the chain texts and ignore them, that is what I do.

9. tSG1 Chaser

Maybe change number?

10. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I guess she's a little superstitious -shrugs-. If it costs you money then definitely tell her about that. It must get quite annoying.

11. Cherry Pie Pwns Gummi Ship Junkie

Edit~ sorry I misread. Just block her number from texting until she agrees to stop sending them. And yes you can do that.

I only send around the funny ones. Like the one about shipping the ******s away, I'd send that one around, but the ones that are like "Send this or you die in ten seconds," or "Send this and your true love will magically appear in your closet tonight at 10 pm" I don't, because they are just plain ridiculous.

12. Explode Who?!

It may be possible to convince her to stop, instead of just telling her to. If it's that she's afraid the chain letter's message will come true, this should be fairly easy to counter. She sends you all of these messages, then you don't pass them on, and nothing happens to you. If you're ever hanging out, you may even want to ask her to send you one of the short term (...will happen in one hour if you don't send this to ___ people) chain letters just to prove it.

It's embarrasing, but several months back, I was creeped out at some of the chain letters. However, I decided that if I continue the chain, then it will just control me, so I promised not to send any of them. I've kept that promise with the exception of one chain letter parody which I thought was funny (it mocked the whole idea of chain letters and didn't tell you to send it to anyone). Since I've done that, they don't bother me at all.