358/2 Days How many games are needed to bridge the KH timeline?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Destiny's Force, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

After 358/2 came out to bridge the gap between KH:CoM and KH2, it got me wondering how many more games will be created to answer any plot holes that the fans might have.

Think about it. When Kingdom Hearts 2 came out, many people wouldn't understand what happened between 1 and 2 unless they had played CoM or Re:CoM first. And then fans began speculating what happened in the missing year between CoM and KH2. Thus 358/2 is created.

The secret movie of KH2 made the way for KH:BBS. When THAT comes out, people will wonder what happened in-between BBS and the first KH. And then there will be the question of the Keyblade War to answer. We'd need a game and storyline that would tie everything to the VERY beginning, maybe answer the origin of the Keyblade.

My point is that many people would like the answer to many questions and that an almost infinite number of games (or novels, not fanfics) would need to be created to tie up any loose ends that are left unchecked. Like would we be focusing on what happened to Riku during the first KH (kinda like how Coded focuses on the past too)? The Keyblade's origin? Kairi's perspective during the 358/2 timeline?

Where does it finally end? Or will the Kingdom Hearts series be one of those games that will continue to generate plots and storylines until Nomura finally dies?

2. Oli Banned

BbS should answer everything we need about the Keyblade War.

If it does that, and brings a lot of mysteries to a close, we should see the series wrapping up with KHIII. At least, that's what I hope, as I would really like this series to end so that we can finally get all the answers and have some closure. Otherwise I might get tired of them.

3. Arch Mana Knight

Uhm. I think there was an interview a long time ago that said something about BBS possibly being it's own...er..."miniseries". It's too far back for me to remember though. I think there might be a sequel(sequel to a prequel? XD) to BBS though. It might be a trilogy even. 8D If we're lucky.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I played KH2 before I even heard of CoM.
    I was a little confused, especially when the journal said Sora defeated half of Org.XIII already.
    But I wasn't so confused that the story made no sense.

I don't think there's any other time gaps to bridge. Between BBS and KH1, Maleficent gathers a team of Disney Villains and builds an army of Heartless. Xehanort's Heartless does whatever he's been doing, Org.XIII looks for more members.

5. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Who can say?

After all, there's only 4 official games so far...

6. Kagato Destiny Islands Resident

Videogames are an industry

Square and Disney need money, they'll keep dishing out videogames and creating new questions ;)

7. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

The point is to get more money...thats why theres so many plotholes so they can release lots of games (kh1 is still on sale) so you need every game to get the plot.

8. Bluelazor Traverse Town Homebody

Are you serious?! That's so cool! Even though this "miniseries" will probably be on the PSP, something I'm greatly lacking in. :( But still, that would mean they could go into greater detail on the Keyblade War, which is something I've been very interested in since I've seen that one cut scene where one of the cloaked Org. members mentioned a Keyblade War when talking to Zexion. At least I think that was Zexion he was talking to, it's been a while since I've seen that cut scene. hm... I wonder how many times I can type "cut scene".... :lol:

9. Misty gimme kiss

I'd rather there be some plot holes and unsolved mysterious -- it allows for speculation, theories, and a guilty pleasure of mine, fanfictions (especially the really bad ones!). I think that eventually they would leave the series alone, but four games is just too little for today's video game industry. All popular games have a few sequels. Devil May Cry has what, five? Three Halos? (I'm not sure about either of those), 13+ Final Fantasys?

10. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I think that the series will either have to end from it's current, or it will jump into the future and we'll see Sora's grandkids picking up Keyblades and fighting the darkness or some crazy thing like that.
    Still, if I understand Nomura from all the information he gives us, he seems to like the idea of doing a Riku version of KH. So thats a possibility.

But if we boil the series down to it's bones the general plot will always revolve around someone trying to unlock the secrets of Kingdom Hearts, whether for good or bad. If Nomura can keep that plot up, the series can't die or stop.

11. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

At the moment, I really don't care; I just want to put Sora back into action again. Too many people keep taking his place.

12. dragonkid_ofhearts Traverse Town Homebody

i like to think and come up with thorerys of the unknow time gaps

13. Anti Axel Merlin's Housekeeper

i really wnat them to switch the story line i mean they introduce roxas at the beginning of kh2 i was really excited to play as him but then they switch it back to sora i mean....
    i thought it was gonna be bout roxas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.