Help with my 360

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by KnightReaper, May 3, 2008.

1. KnightReaper Traverse Town Homebody

Okay, this is the deal. Everything in my 360 is connected and the light to the power brick is even turned on, but my damned XBOX won't start at all. I've been checking on the internet for the past 30 minutes, hoping for an answer, but only found more people complaining. I don't know what's up. Any helpful advice?

2. Sumi suicidé

Xbox crap is usually messed up. I would just wait. This happens to my dad and I all the time. give it time or you can call them. I dunno the number but it's on the Xbox website.

3. Xendran Banned

KEep trying. if it doenst work, warranty it.

4. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

How would waiting help this if it's not starting at all? I suggest calling them, as you said as well.

5. TheMuffinMan Banned

The Xbox itself won't start, as in none of the lights turn on, or it turns on and nothing displays on your TV?

6. timeless Traverse Town Homebody

Warranty and get a PS3,
    I used to have a 360 but it broke 3 times in two months,
    so I saved up for a PS3...
    And NO this is not Fanboyism

7. KnightReaper Traverse Town Homebody

Yes, that is basically it.

Okay, after an hour of talking to tech support last night, I am going to contact one of my friends who also has a 360 and check the power bricks.

I'm sorry, but I feel perfectly happy with my Wii and 360. If I were to ever buy a PS3, it'd be when Bluray took over DVDs and became the standard. Hell, I'd probably buy one if more good games came out with it exclusively. The 360 you must had was either terribly abused or in an heated environment.

8. 00Roxas00 剛情のロクサス

Yeah Calling them or get your warranty, those are the best options.

9. timeless Traverse Town Homebody

It was well ventilated, leveled out and clean...I KEPT WELL CARE OF IT!!!:yelling:

10. KnightReaper Traverse Town Homebody

Okay, don't get angry. It's just that's the main reason why they're defective.

11. timeless Traverse Town Homebody

Take it back and get a new one(If your warranty is still in affect)...

12. Xendran Banned

Bluray already beat HD-DVD. And the ps3 is actually pretty cool. Free online ftw.

13. timeless Traverse Town Homebody

+Internet browser
    Linux
    Music
    Video
    Pics
    Folding@Home
    Wireless Internet
    PSN
    HOME
    ect.

14. Xendran Banned

and less trash talking 10 year olds.

15. KnightReaper Traverse Town Homebody

I said when Bluray became the standard. And XBL is all around better than the PS3's internet. It only cost $50 a year btw and it still cost less than a PS3. If I already have a computer to look on the internet, what's the point of getting a PS3 to just browse the web?

16. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

He means all DVDs and free onlnie is no godo deal considering XBL is infinitely better and well worth it. Either way, this isn't a debate, he already decided on his system, so basically it means shut up and let the people who own a 360 help the guy. No need to brng the console war into every thread

*coughs*

Your system sounds EXACTLY like what happened when my PSP was bricked. So I'm guessing it is bricked, I would suggest returnnig it to where you boguht it saying they sold you a bricked system so you can get a working one. This is the first case of bricked 360's I've seen (bricked=/=RROD) so it probably won't happen again. Did you buy it used?

Lol typical PS3 fanboy.

HOME IS L33T EVEN THOUGH IT OVER COMPLICATES A SIMPLE TASK OF CHECKING ACHIEVEMENTS!
    360 HAS NO MUSIC LOL WHEN IT DOES AND ALLOWS IT DURING GAMES WHEN MOST GODO PS# GAMES STIL LHAV NO FEATURE OF THAT
    PSN IS FREE BUT NOT AS GOOD
    WIRESLESS INTERNET EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE HAS A ROUTER AND 360'S COME WITH LONG ETHERNET CORD
    VIDS+PICS ARE ON 360 ZOMG!
    LINUX... WHO CARES?! IT's F*CKING LINUX?!?!?!?!!?
    WEB BROWSER!!!!!.. THAT TAKES LONGER THAN GOING TO MY COMPUTER!!! WEE!! IT'S LIKE A BUYING A CELL PHONE FOR TEXTING!!!!

Lol sorry, I wasn't going to debate but this post just pissed me off.

17. TheMuffinMan Banned

Calm your balls down Shadowjak, you could have just left it at "don't try and sell him the PS3 when he's already decided he wants a 360", you didn't have to go on a rant and use your CAPS LOCK CRUISE CONTROL

18. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Lol, as I siad, it just pissed me off, my original point stands if that psot is responded to I'm not answering it. Beleive it or not I have the power to control when I press the reply button D:

19. KnightReaper Traverse Town Homebody

Shadowjak, thanks man. The real help from the entire web. PS3, in my opinion, isn't worth it. Typical fanboys going into the thread when all I asked was some 360 advice I couldn't find. If I wanted PS3 ADVICE, I would've asked. Anyways, thanks Shadowjak. Not only was it helpful, but you made me laugh for almost five minutes.