Question help on a certain technique

Discussion in 'Help' started by Virtuoso, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Virtuoso Gummi Ship Junkie

how do you put several colors that still flow in a signature like this one:
    [​IMG]

Plz anyone help, I've been trying to find a tutorial on this but can't find one, so yeah, plz help.=D

2. Wabba Twilight Town Denizen

Make different color layers and erase. Make different color layers and on those hit filter>render>clouds.

3. Virtuoso Gummi Ship Junkie

you lost me at the second part.you mean after erasing parts of the color layers, make more color layers, and then do the render clouds thing?are there any blending modes I need to know?

4. Misty gimme kiss

Well, if you're using Gimp, go into the gradient tool. Find the Rainbow Gradient and select it. Go to your signature (or whatever it is you're doing this to) and go to Edit --> Copy Visible. After that, do Edit --> Paste, then Layer --> New Layer. Go to Colors --> Map --> Gradient Map (or something along those lines. I haven't used Gimp in a while). Then just change the layer mode.

For Photoshop, go into your signature and go to Layer --> New Adjustment Layer... --> Gradient Map. Choose a rainbow, OK it, and change the blending mode.

If that doesn't work, just make a new layer and put a rainbow gradient over it, then change the blending mode.

5. Virtuoso Gummi Ship Junkie

ok, thanks, Misty and Wabba.^_^

EDIT
    my 100th post! hooray!=DDD