Gothic

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Rouge Angel92, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge Angel92 Twilight Town Denizen

What is "goth"? Mom and other adults say it's the teens who wear the black heavy clothes and heay black make-up. Some they say they're devil worshipers and druggies. But this isn't all true. Cause I have friends who are "gothic" and they are some of the nicest people I know.
    So tell me what is "gothic" to you?
    btw: sorry I have to cut his short but I'll post more later.

2. Rawr King's Apprentice

i no i been called gothic cuz i shop at hot topic its just a label

3. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Gothic is just a form of rebel in teenage and some early twenties people's life.

I would rather not go into detail. It's too complicated and I don't have the energy to type all that. Dx

4. Rawr King's Apprentice

buts that's not true!!! it what ur opinion is about it

5. Hissora ahurhurhur.

Gothic, is just describing something. As the same as Angelic. When I say 'Angelic', do you think angels, goodness and heaven? But when I say 'Gothic', you should see old, dark colored things, beautiful yet strange.

I can see how teenagers came up with this generalization of all people who wear black, read old classic books and have dark thoughts get the word Goth.

Steriotypes, such as 'prep', emo, jock, and Goth, are just generalizations. Really, its just the ways of teenagers seeing how to put others in.

Now, As the way I am, Yeah, I am goth. I know what it feels like to have these 'popular' kids bad talk you and so and such. I don't have many friends because of it but I'll tell you one thing, just because someone looks some way, doesn't mean its true. Goths DO NOT worship the devil, and I'm not say there is or there isn't one, most goths I now aren't even christian. People who worshp the devil are saitanists.

(I hope I got a point across, too tired...)

6. Rawr King's Apprentice

i guess i'm but also chirtian so ha and i can't change my siig T.T

7. Mathias Jay beauty is in everything

... "Gothic"?

Um.... a way people can be..... IDK....

"Depressed" or just plain normal.

It's nothing big. It's just a label or a way people dress.

8. hikki_kairi Gummi Ship Junkie

gothic....um..... everyone has an opinion it.
    Gothic is a way of expressing their emotion in a dark way..............

9. Rawr King's Apprentice

weel this thread is interreating

10. ukali_rules Twilight Town Denizen

Goth definition from dictionary.

style of rock music derived from punk, typically with apocalyptic or mystical lyrics. • a member of a subculture favoring black clothing, white and black makeup, and goth music.

11. Rawr King's Apprentice

that is interesdting

12. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

you know what this is an irritating thread dont know why but having ppl "try" to explain gothic is annoying becuz you can't and if you can then ppl try to call you a "poser" when your definition and theirs dont match i see gothic as and art style of the emotions

13. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

i find it ridiculous that people are called gothic just 'cause they wear black all the time and shop at hot-topic(or as i like to call it hot-profit xD)

to me when i hear the word 'gothic' i think of midevil times, with gothic castles and such, that, to me, is the correct term for gothic......

14. Sunderland Traverse Town Homebody

I picture gothic as a person who wears black and listens to some hard rock music. Really, I don't feel like giving an accurate explanation. Wearing black doesn't express your emotions, you can wear light blue and be the biggest jackass ever known in the world.

15. Rouge Angel92 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm sorry if this thread is bothering people!!! I really am it's just that some things happened yesterday when I tried to wear a pink and black (mostly black) shirt with my black chocker that had my little angel on it and my mom flipped and asked why I was wearing all black. She was way over reacting (I wasn't even wearing my black jeans.). So I changed into some thing different but I kept the necklace on and we started fighting over that. Then she said ' The only people who wear those are the people you don't want to be associated with.' So I took it off and got in the car and when my little brother got in he asked 'Well are you "emo" or "gothic"?'. And it really pissed me off because my own mother and brother was being stereotypical of me. When I told my friends the thought I should ask some other people about the topic.

But here's the thing I just like black. It goes with anything and I just like it. It shouldn't mean that I slit my wrists or worship the devil.

16. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

hehe yeah my mom has me take my wristbands off everyday to make sure im not a cutter lol i just like them *thinks about what she would do if i started wearin a black choker* lol i like keepin hoods over my head and wearin black because i just like the look goth is the emotion not the clothing
    goth=apathetic sometimes sometimes not
    emo=way to emotional hence emo but nvr ever ever call a goth an emo itll cost you your shoulder i got a huge scar to prove it on my right one the size of a nightcrawler worm

17. Rouge Angel92 Twilight Town Denizen

I still don't get the big deal with my angel chocker. But she also sterotyped one of my friends who gave me a braclet that was silver and had little black keys hanging on it. When Mom saw that the keys were black she said 'oh..they're black. Is Matty(not her real name) one of those gothic people too?' and I'm like 'um... no and she got it at Claire's not Hot Topic.' she face then relaxed 'Oh then it means um.. keys to friendship?' 'um no she said it made think of Kingdom Hearts.' :D 'oh.'
    Yeah my mom doesn't like my love of anime either.

18. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

omg id pimp slap her

19. Rouge Angel92 Twilight Town Denizen

umm.. no comment
    but she's said worse things about things and about me

20. Hissora ahurhurhur.

If my mom would ever talk to me like that, the 'you don't want to associate with those kind of people' deal, I would be mad. Parents these days are way to over protective and I think its kinda scary. My mom, just says, 'Lay down on the eyeliner' and stuff like that. But anyway, Your parents shouldn't controll who you are, whether they like it or not, its your personality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.