Gossebumps Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Daydreamer, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Daydreamer

Goosebumps

I loved this series by RL Stine. I used to read them all the time when I had do do book reports. They're suspenseful and fun to read.

The only disappointment was the TV series. It's fun to watch, but it's nothing like how I imagined when I read the episode's book counterpart.

Who else reads or used to read Goosebumps?

2. Devil's Angel Gummi Ship Junkie

Listening to my music which is your heartbeat
    Me but when i read it the covers to it kind of scared me -_- but now i dont read it anymore

3. Destined Working for WDW

I really wish I knew where I had put all of my books, they were so freaking good back in the day...Night of the Living Dummy and Horrorland...classic.

I agree the TV shows suxed arse.

4. Misty gimme kiss

I've never watched the show, but I loved these books when I was in Elementary school. My favorite was the one where the kid finds that mirror in the attic and turns invisible when he's using it. All of the stories were so creative.

5. Azure Flame Banned

I used to love those books! My favorites were the one's about the Monster Blood.

That was the first one I read. The show's on cartoon network now. It's not that great.

6. kingdomheartsluver Destiny Islands Resident

Yea i used to read them. They are so good!

7. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

i know everyone here is probably too old for them...i am too i can read them in like two hours but i really like them they're not scary at all though lolz so does anyone else read this series?

8. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I LOVE GOSSEBUMPS!!! their my fav. series. I don't care if i'm too old for them, their books their MEANT to be read. What's your favorite book out of the series?

9. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

probably Camp Cold Lake i love that one have you read it? i espicially love the ending

10. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

I still read those sometimes.
    My favorite is "The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb".

11. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

My First Goosebumb book was.......(thinks).....A day at Horrorland. Its a long time ago since I haven't read any goosebumps. As a GATE 8th grader I'm required to read boring stuff like Witch of Blackbird Pond ( We Use to call that book *itch of blackbird pond) (Sorry I didn't want to cuz) Thank God I'm finished with it!!!

12. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Oh man it has been some time since I heard people talk about this series xD

My neice reads them now, I haven't read them in a very long time, I think all mine are in boxes under my bed.

I used to have most of them and I would love them (though the TV series of the same name was absolute **** D: )

My favourite one was hmmm I quite liked The Ghost Next Door, I found it quite sad D:

I liked how there was always some little twist xD

The first one I ever read was Be Careful What You Wish For.

xD makes me a little nostalgic to think back to those days.

13. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

I had to read that book at school last year... I dunno why people hated it so much... it was a great book. D:
    But everyone disliked it so much we never finished and switched to another book. >_<

anyways, I read the goosebumps books before... a long time ago... I saw that my school's library has alot of them (I think all of them) so I added that to my list of things in my school library to read. XD

14. Inasuma "pumpkin"

When I was little I read probably most if not all of them. I like the television series more though. Always liked it.

15. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

The television series wasn't very good IMO, plus they kept changing bits from the books when they adapted them to the Television show ): and that really pissed me off.

Plus idk :/ Goosebumps the TV show came out at roughly the same time as Are You Afraid Of The Dark, and lets face it, when compared to Are You Afraid Of The Dark everything else failed >_>

Though I do have a vague recolection of having a huge crush on one of the actors from the Goosebumps series when I was a kid >.>;

16. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

My fave?

Say Cheese and Die 1 & 2, the ending of the second was shocking! I wanted more! A Shocker on Shock Street was good too, but I havent read em for a couple years so I cant really remember the storylines, just the feelings. Some of those Choose-Your-Own-Adventure styled ones were good too, and I've read those more recently, my fave of those being Escape From the Carnival of Horrors, I got Return to the COH but I just collected it, and didnt read it..

lolz I've collected 62 Goosebumps books (including the couple spinoff series) but it turns out I'm probably not gonna read any anymore!

17. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Ugggh, these books terrified me as a child. ._.
    My dad had like EVERY SINGLE ONE, and when I was at his house one time he was like, "Hey look what I have" and showed them to me. Some of the covers were cool, some scared the crap out of me, and others I just kinda hid at the bottom of the pile.
    I hate horror-related things. D:

And it didn't help that my dad told me that he went to school with and was friends with one of the artists that did the cover art and had the original of the cover (the axe murder in the castle or whatever). I vaguely remember him saying something about weird things that happened in his friend's house, but he could've just been saying that to scare me. xDD;;

18. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Well yeah of course the show was ******. XD That's why I like it so much. =3 I was a kid, I didn't know better, but now that I'm older I can appreciate it more, you know?

Chyeah AYAOTD was wayyyyyyyyy better. I effin' LOVED that series. <3 I'd come home every day from school and immediately watch it. lol

19. 778MasterMarluxia Twilight Town Denizen

xDD
    GOOOSEBUMPS
    xDD
    *sighs*
    yea the show is humiliating..
    some of the books rl made are ok
    ... most are EPIC FALUIRES
    altho i use to like em when i was young.