Question Good inking pens?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Korra, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I'm really tired of using my gel pens to ink stuff I draw. Plus, if I get semi-serious about drawing manga, I don't want to use my nice, shiny, expensively packed Staedtler pen that I need for school.

Suggestions that are preferably cheap and not hard to find? :3

2. Cocohints "Up to now, the most discussed topic is global war

Hmm.. Different continents gives you different tools of equipment, I've notice. I can't recommend a special brand to you, but I can only suggest this:

Try out as many types of pen/marker/other that you can find. The best choice would probably be to check out what the proffesionals would use through some sort of interview online or in bonus pages in mangas - or - ask in a store that sells all kinds of art supplies, sometimes students will get a discount. ( I used to get 10% off during my years in art school ) It's not just the pens alone though, you'll want the proper type of paper that works well with ink as well for the best result.

Also, have different sizes, from thin to less thin to normal to thick etc. It gives you more options when you draw, trust me. Whenever I buy pens it's either in my loyal art store, book stores or the comic festival we have here once a year - I'm pretty sure that something like a convention would sell equipment to people who want to draw manga. It could be smart to have one type that is waterproof, and one that is not. Basicly what you'll want is to be able to choose, experiment until you find your most prefered tools.