girl gamers

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by dragonkid_ofhearts, Nov 23, 2009.

1. dragonkid_ofhearts Traverse Town Homebody

while i was playing halo3 a girl gamer was playing then every guy in the match was asking for sex and things like that so she quit they i ask why did u do that they just said cause is it so wrong for girls to play video games and i know some girls who are really good and like halo and gears but hate playing online cause of guys who are make fun of them i'm a guy so i don't have to deal with this but i guess i know how they feel

2. Bluelazor Traverse Town Homebody

gah... I'm a girl, and I play games. For a while I was playing World of Warcraft through my older brother's account since I couldn't pay for it myself... it was a lot of fun, I didn't run into those things, but I did run into a few guys that tried to flirt with me. That's about it.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

While I barely understood what you typed, I understood what you meant.
    Girl gamers just seem like a rare occurrence, I guess, especially since most hard core games are like Halo, Gears of War, etc. Gorey stuff.
    I'm not a gamer, so I don't know how rare a female gamer is in the gaming community.
    But the fact that those guys were asking for sex means they need to get off the game, put away the toilet paper and lotion and sock by their beds, take a shower, put some nice clothes on, and go outside.

4. dragonkid_ofhearts Traverse Town Homebody

it is rare but it happens girls can do almost anything guys can do and video games is one of them they just have to deal with that

5. Doukuro Chaser

Sorry if this turns out to be a mini-rant...

Gah, I love playing video games, though, can't exactly afford the good ones. But the first time I went to play online I had to deal with that kind of BS. And I was younger at the time, and been through a sheltered life before high school. So needless to say it made avoid going to play online. Got back to doing it though, just not at the moment besides on the computer.

I mean, girls can do anything guys do. >.> They can't do everything we can though XD Childbirth. (Which is why we have to pay more for healthcare and stuff. And btw, this is a joke. I can do that too. But besides physical things (exculding strength, I have friends that kick guys' asses.) that we obviously have different, then yes, people can do everything the other gender can do.)

The only thing I aboustly hate and will make me stop playing online for a time is when the guys gang up on me. Though this could be sloved by pretending to be a guy on an online game, I refuse to do that. B| Girl gamers aren't rare, they just don't like the BS. So if I hide that I'm a girl, then it won't be right >.> You know what I mean? (I'll explain it futher if anyone asks, just not right now. Distractions are wonderful. Ended rant before it even started.)

P.S. Please use periods, at least. It was hard to read your post =/

6. dragonkid_ofhearts Traverse Town Homebody

sorry i just keep forgetting to. Also i know what you mean i pick not playing online if i had to pertend to be a boy.

7. Misty gimme kiss

Solution: Play with girls only. :]

But seriously, I guess I can see some truth in this. The only time I ever played online I got flamed by a bunch of pre-pubescent boys who were all like "who is this girl, why the **** is she playing this game blah blah blah". (... Although they were a little justified because I accidentally tossed a grenade to the ground and killed myself & like two of my teamates. ;_; )

People are just mean. This is nothing new. If you can't take it, join a private party or something, and if you really want to play with complete strangers, look for a good group.

8. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Unfortunately, I can see that happening very easily. When someone is described as a "gamer", often the first thought is that the person is a guy. A lot of girls play video games, even though it is known as more a of a "guy thing". Hopefully the prejudices will stop.

Though, it has never happened to me. I do consider myself to be a "gamer", but I don't play Halo or Gears of War or the shoot-'em-up games. The only one I play online is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I joined a clan, and until very recently I was the only girl in the clan. All the dudes are respectful,... or at least towards me they are (they often say quite vulgar things to each other. Never to me, though. o.O).

9. Doukuro Chaser

Well, that would do it. Blowing yourself up like that. XD

People are mean, it's human nature. Nothing's changed in the last few million years.

And that is the perfect solution, I just haven't actually gotten around to doing it... But girls should be able to play with guys too. But meh, I bet most of those jerks don't have girlfriends, so, yeah, karma. It is grand.

Worried about scaring you off or something? Could just be a guy thing too.

10. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I guess I should just consider myself lucky as a girl gamer. I've never been insulted or hit on, or anything like that by guys playing the same game I was. I've been welcomed rather warmly and it's led to some amazing games.

The way I see it, jerks like that are tiny so they need to boss "weaker" people around to feel better about their...size. It's in their nature, I guess. But they're not all like that.

11. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Yeah, I've encountered the same thing.
    As Mainstream mentioned I didn't understand what you said but I understood what you meant.
    I was playing Call Of Duty 4 with someone on my friends list a long time ago, and she happens to be a girl. We went into a lobby and everyone was asking her for sex and they were saying they are gonna pay her to make out.

Btw, I'm not a gamer...I just witness things....more things than anybody can believe.

12. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I've encounter a few players like that, though the majority of guys i've played with are fairly decent. As low as it is, i will usually insult them (I'm told i can be a wee bit mean xD) or target a single player. xD

13. Ah eff. Traverse Town Homebody

Strange...
    I'm a female gamer, and I don't have this problem. Although, it may just be my age. The guys at my school love doing Warzone with me in Gears 2. I see a simple solution to this. Kick the guys' asses.

14. Nuff' Said Banned

Simple as that. I've noticed when i'm playing Star Wars Battlefront II that when I play against a group of guys I don't know and they find out i'm a girl they think i'm overweight which is messed up. It's stereotypical. I do get hit on and that other crap but I beat them to the ground with my trooper which solves the problem partially. Like Misty said it'd be better to face girls or find a good group.

15. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Well... I play Shaiya since I don't want to pay monthly fees for Aion or WoW, and it's not uncommon at all to run into female players.

But yeah, when it comes to first person shooters like CoD I would suggest playing without a headset (or just don't talk) to reduce the harassment. There's always going to be the *** in every game who thinks he's the best or always has to harass someone.

16. What? 『 music is freedom 』

It is still a true shame that blatant sexism continues to this day, even when females are generally accepted as video game players contrary to whatever former generalizations.

I rarely play online multiplayer games for an obvious number of reasons but as stated before, not speaking within the actual game should be able to help. I would also consider it the environment, perhaps the female in question was simply in a game with an extreme amount of ignorant players?

17. dragonkid_ofhearts Traverse Town Homebody

18. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

Ha, said guys are making an ass out of themselves by doing that. You don't screw up a chance at something so awesome by being a ******. Girl gamers are indeed sadly enough hard to come by.. They should consider themselves lucky and not be such morons.

19. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I play this MMORPG called Mabinogi and there are TONS of females. 1/4 are men as girls, but does that mean anything?

On said game, nobody makes fun of anyone else for being a girl.....And some of the strongest players on the game are girls to boot. Sometimes we do run into the occasional BS guy, but he's shot down <3

Via arrows of course.....

20. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Heres a statistic for you. For every 10 single male gamers there is 1 female gamer....thats a proper statistic. Girls are absolutely brilliant at games. I know a woman from new york who whoops *ss at GRAW2