Tutorial GIMP Intermediate Stock Sig Tut

Discussion in 'Help' started by Fallen King, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Fallen King Kingdom Keeper

NoMethod Error `stupid_location' for nil:NilClass
    Today We will be making this sig
    [​IMG]
    requirements
    GIMP 2.4.4
    A stock with a weapon in it
    basic knowledge of the GIMP

OK First you make a new canvas mine is 400x110

Next Paste in you stock don't ask for mine because i lost it

Smudge around the Character in it for me it is Vincent Valentine

Next make a new layer and fill it with the sparks brush with hints of the vines brush

Gaussian Blur it at 67% set that layer to hue at 100% Opacity

next duplicate the orignal stock layer and put it over the Sparks and vines brush layer set that layer to value at 100% opacity

Repeat the step above and put it over the rest of the layers set that layer to hard light at about 100% Opacity

reapeat the step above and put it over the rest of the layers and motion blur it at about 200 length and what ever angle matchs you stock set the laver to color at 100%Opacity

by now you should have this
    [​IMG]

next add a C4D point don't ask for mine i lost it too Adjust it to your focal point set that layer to normal at 100% Opacity

next duplicate your original stock layer put it over the rest of the layers and set it to screen at 100% Opacity

next go to edit>copy visible and paste it to a new layer colorize and do a gradiant flare Filters>Light and Shadow> Gradiant flare and distant sun set it over the weapon it and set it to screen at 100% Opacity

next duplicate the sparks and vines brush layer put it over the rest of the layers and set it to overlay at 100%opacity

next duplicate the original stock layer and put it over the rest of the layers erase over where the gradiant flare it and keep it a normal at 100% opacity

next edit> cop visible and paste it to a new layer and motion blur it at the same settings as last time set that layer to overlay 100% opacity

next duplicate the original stock layer and set it to color at 100%opacity

[​IMG]

make a new layer and fill it with a color from your stock set that layer to overlay at 100%opacity

again duplicate your original stock layer and bring it over all other layers and set it to Color at 100%opacity

next go to edit>copy visible paste into a new layer set it to lighten only at 100%opacity

OK make a new layer and fill it in with a dark color from your stock set that layer to Overlay 100% opacity

OK go to edit>copy visible and set it to screen 100%opacity

duplicate the layer you just made and set it to color 100%opacity

now find another stock not realated to your own and paste it to a new layer set that layer to overlay at 100%opacity

[​IMG]

next go to edit>copy visible and paste it to a new layer flip it horizontally and set it to overlay at 100%opacity

duplicate the original stock layer again and put it above all other layers set it to screen at 100%opacity

go to edit>copy visible and paste it to a new layer flip it horizontally and set it to overlay at 90.2% opacity

go to edit>copy visible colorize it to a color that you want and set it to Overlay at 100%opacity

duplicate the layer that has the gradiant sun in it and put it above all other layers and set it to Hue at 100% opacity

last step go to edit>copy visible and desaturate it colors>desaturate and set it to Hue at 100% opacity

final Outcome
    [​IMG]

Outcomes anyone

2. Misty gimme kiss

Okay result, but this is far from Intermediate. I'd say it's Advanced Beginner.