Favourite Lion King movie

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Scattered_Dream, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scattered_Dream Traverse Town Homebody

Which was your favourite Lion King movie?

Miiine was actually the 2 xD with Kiara and Kowu I loved it

even though the 3 is funny too

2. Cyanide King's Apprentice

I haven't watched the third, but between 1 and 2, 1 is the best.

3. scarred_heart634 Traverse Town Homebody

I like the second it was really cute in my opinion.

4. The Twin My, what a strange duet

1st. 2 was okay but Kiara was kind of an airhead to me, and the 3rd (or 1 1/2 where I live) wasn't all that great because it was just like watching one really long episode of Timon and Pumbaa.

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Technically the third is actually 1 1/2, but whatever.Major spoilers below!!!

Lion King: The first one was good, as all orginals usually are. It had a lot of strong emotions played out throughout the movie and was very good at captivating adults with some of the humor, but also entertaining kids with the action. Disney has always been good at that. The whole story was pretty predictable: guy wants throne, guy kills brother, guy convinces brother's son its his fauly, son leaves, son comes back, son kills guy. The weird thing about this is: The main characters are lions. Didn't see that one coming. Over all, its a good movie, one that can keep being watched by families

Lion King 1 1/2: I'm gonna put 1 1/2 here since it was in that order. This one is about two of the side characters, Timon and Pumba. It shows how they meet, and how they end up reconciling with Timon's family. Again, predictable, but it had some cute humor, and was nicely consistent with the other movie, despite being release almost ten years apart. It was nice to see the side story of two other characters, and have some of the more majestic moments in Lion King be explained in funny, if not ironic ways.

Lion King 2-Simba's Pride: I didn't even think they would make a sequel, but they did. I actually liked this one the best. It less predictable then the other two, and showed stronger emotions then the 1 1/2. For once, Simba is uncertain about his role as king, and being a father. This can be empathized with real fathers, who are uncertain about how to act around and deal with their daughter's emotions. As he tries to let his daughter(Kiara) grow up, she falls in love with someone who he thinks isn't worthy(Kovu). Again this can be emapthized with fathers(maybe not the part where the guy their daughter likes is really trying to kill them). Coincedence leads Simba to almost die the same way his father does, and leads him to suspect Kovu. Kiara and Kovu leave, and come back for an epic battle. Disney did a good job with this one. You can empathize with Simba:the new father, who tries to understand his daughter, Kiara:who tries to break free and live her own life, away from her protective father, Kovu: son of a traitor, he eventually tries to abandon his heritage and redeem himself, Zira: Kovu's overbearing mother, she seems to still grieve for her lost love, and has raised Kovu alone. She wants revenge, but you can see underneath her struggle to survive and remain independent. The end is predictable, but all the strong emotions, and how the story seems to be based on Romeo and Juliet, made this one my favorite.

6. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

me too!!!!!

7. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

The first one. I remember I used to watch it literally everyday when I was too young to go to school. It was the biggest Disney movie phase I ever went through (I had quite a few back in the day, including Pocahontas, Bambi, Fox and the Hound, etc.)

Anyhoo, the first one has the best storyline and is the most moving, in my opinion. I love all three, though.

8. Hayabusa Venomous

The first. So many childhood memories of singing along to the songs and crying at Mufasa's death. The finale was epic too.

The second would have been great if they had as good animation as the first. Haven't seen, and don't really plan to see, the third.

9. Forever Love Life Without Limits

The second was definitely my favorite. Yes, I enjoyed the first one, but the second just caught my attention more. It was so...bittersweet at some moments between Kiara and Kovu. But it was just so good! I loved it. =)

And plus, it'd be an awesome world for KH. The story could be deeper and it'd just be awesome to me.

But, anyway, the second is my favorite of all...3, I suppose.

10. Egypt Twilight Town Denizen

11. Dandersnuff Twilight Town Denizen

Haven't watched any in about eight or seven years.
    The first one was so sad that I didn't dare to watch the rest ;___;

12. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

I agree the first one was more suspense, dark, and funny and I adored those hyenas and it had better songs. The interesting thing was that Lion King also had a series called Timon and Pumbaa and Timon's mother did not even look like the 3rd one called Lion King's 1 1/2. A thing I noticed, was from the orignal movie at the end of it the cub that Rafiki was holding resembled a male cub, while in the 2 movie she was a female. I think that disney changed it on purpose because they had Kovu so they might have wanted to create a relationship between Simba's son and Zara' or Scar's son. So naturally starred a female and male cub.

13. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

got to go with the classic first one... it made me laugh and cry when i was little!

14. Shizzy Gummi Ship Junkie

Definetly #1, it's just classic.

15. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

The first one was amazing. I must say, the second one was even better!
    The third one was hilarious!

16. Finale Wannabe Nobody

number one

i hated the others ¬_¬

17. Ventez Twilight Town Denizen

I have to say the original. The others completely ruined the series. What a shame...

18. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

The second was alright, but the first'll always be the best. I know the whole damn script to it, too. xD

19. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

I've only seen the first, but it left a strong impression in my memories. I doubt the sequels would mean much at all. Even if they were funnier or in some way better, the first would still be my favourite because I've liked it for so long.

20. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

I'm gonna have to say the first one, seeing as it's my favorite Disney movie of all time, BUT I also have a soft spot for the second one. In my opinion, it's one of the only Disney sequels that actually didn't suck (shocking, I know). I thought it was really cute, and I LOVE the soundtrack :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.