Television Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

Well, I may be American, but the BBC knows how to make a good Sci-Fi show.

2. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I've seen some episodes and in my opinion this show is horrible. Everything looks fake. It's so bad that it looks good.

Anyway i have to admit that it's quite funny sometimes. Have you seen an episode in which a green monster or alien i' m not sure, was eating humans and then their faces were coming out of it's body? Pretty disgusting.

3. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

The one with Peter Kay it in that was good that was...too bad it lacked the Dr

I really like the last one that was on two days ago

4. BlazBlue Calamity King's Apprentice

Same......I CANT WAIT FOR VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED AT CHRISTMAS!!!!!

5. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Dr Who is classic. The old episodes were pretty fake but the idea is great. A hero that fights with his mind rather than physical force. The monster with the faces was called an Absorbaloph (sp) I think or something like that. I thought the Weeping Angels was the scariest of the latest series. I never did like statues.

6. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

I missed that one, but then again I missed a lot of them, guess i could get them on demand and see them

7. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

You have to see that one. You'll never see Angel statues in the same light. It was really well filmed and thought out. Dr Who was always cool.

8. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

Oh, god, the Weeping Angels. That was rated 5.5, off the scale!

9. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

Well eyes on statues creep me out, so I guess that's why they used it, since they look creepy.

10. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

I love the way they kept the classic enemies like the Daleks and the Cybermen throughout all the regenerations of the Doctor. It keeps continuity. The TARDIS had a bit of a makeover inside though for the last two Doctors.

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

How has this not received more replies!!!!??? Shame!

Anyway, let me say that I started fairly late into the series (Silence in the Library) and I got totally hooked. The humor was great as were the scenes where the Vashta Nerada cornered everyone. Then in the follow up when the Mystery Lady died... Fukking onions man.

12. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Wow, this thread is really old. Well anyway, I started out with series 1, and watched each episode in order, and I watched the latest Christmas special a few days ago. Great show! David Tennant is my favorite doctor, but the others are cool as well.

13. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Found this thread among relics. I love Doctor Who. I started with a mix of seasons 2 (10th doctor and rose) and the 5th, 6th season (11th doctor). I saw all of the 9th doctor 11 doctor and most of the 10th (only missed a few). I'm currently at the beginning with the first doctor, Ian, Barbra and the doctor's Granddaughter Susan.

14. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

15. NYAN CAT =^_^= Destiny Islands Resident

​I never found interest in Doctor Who.
    Although, when I took a time out a few weeks ago and watched Doctor Who,
    I started to grow a fond for it.

I honestly like the Doctor Who with Matt Smith better than any of the other Doctors.
    He is cuter than most of the other doctors.
    In my opinion.

Yes, I do love the Doctor Who episodes.
    They have a good concept and story line.

​I never found interest in Doctor Who.
    Although, when I took a time out a few weeks ago and watched Doctor Who,
    I started to grow a fond for it.

I honestly like the Doctor Who with Matt Smith better than any of the other Doctors.
    He is cuter than most of the other doctors.
    In my opinion.

Yes, I do love the Doctor Who episodes.
    The concept and the story line is good.

16. pipedownandlisten Destiny Islands Resident

I just started watching Dr. Who a month or so ago on Netflix. I just started season 4 and I love it so much! My favorite episodes are "The Empty Child" "The Doctor Dances" and "Blink". I like the creepier ones. :P

My favorite character is Captain Jack. =D

17. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Are you my mummy? :p
    The Empty Child freaked me out so much. Now I can never even look at gas masks.

18. Misty gimme kiss

I really like Doctor Who. P:

I think Matt Smith is my favorite of the reboot (I haven't seen any Classic Who), but that's mostly because I like the new direction the show was taken in from season five onwards. Don't get me wrong, I love seasons 1-4 too, but Moffat's writing it more my style. c:

I really can't wait for season seven though, especially because I've heard
    Rumors about some kind of Rory/Amy divorce?? Which absolutely isn't acceptable and (double spoilers because this is major)
    This is apparently going to be Matt Smith's last season.

19. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Don't know about the Amy and Rory thing but..I think you're wrong about it being Matt's last season. v: I read in the Newspaper yesterday that he is at least staying//signed on with a contract till 2014. He said he couldn't wait for the 50th Doctor Who celebration next year.

20. Misty gimme kiss

Really?
    Oh that's amazing news! I've forgotten where I read that this will be his last go around but that makes me very happy, I didn't know if I could handle losing the Ponds and Eleven all in one season (though the Ponds will apparently being leaving in episode five).

Also does anyone know if Eccleston will be returning for the 50th? I knew he wasn't chuffed with the idea but I thought I saw pictures of him on promotions, I figured they wouldn't advertise him if he wasn't.