Do most Disney sequels stink?

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Gamefreak103, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

Ok, I come from a Disney loving family and I must say.....
    Most sequels stink....
    They are just a gimmick to make a little pocket cash.

These sequels ruin their predecessors!

Only a few Disney movies are safe for now!

Hell, they made sequels for Bambi and The Fox and the Hound!!!!

What's next?, a Dumbo sequel?!!!!!!

They ruined Tarzan (one of my favorite Disney movies), if they touch Hercules (other favorite Disney movie), I will go into a mental break down!!!!!

2. Estellchan Moogle Assistant

Actually I think they are working on a Dumbo sequel but to answer your question most Disney sequels suck. The Atlantis one was the worse though. The only exceptions I can think of is the Aladin ones and Lion King 1/2 (just because it was funny.)

3. rtrace Merlin's Housekeeper

Actually if you look at the Pirates of the Caribean series the did a good job on both movies...though the ending for 2 made me hate Disney a little bit more.

4. Xadllas Traverse Town Homebody

Sorry but there is no word of a Dumbo sequel. The only sequel coming out now is The Little Mermaid III. Oh Beauty and the Beast the Enchanted Christmas and Cinderella III A Twist in Time are exceptions aswell (at least for me).

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I love the lion king, my sister grew up watching the first one but I grew up watching the second, so that one has more childhood memories for me, but I love them equally. Lion king III- when I first watched it, I thought it was rubbish so I didn't watch it for ages, I thought it didn't have enough lions in it. But now I like them all.

I've never heard of a dumbo sequel, I've never watched little mermaid or cinderella.

6. Estellchan Moogle Assistant

>_< Sorry I thought I heard about it. Thanks for correcting me.

7. Sorafan60 Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't really like disney sequels. I bought Stitch the movie, haven't watched it for like 3 years. I like The Enchanted Christmas, the Little Mermaid 2, and The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride only because I grew up with those. All the other ones look like they're bad.

8. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

A new Ariel movie?! Interesting. As for the sequels, some of them are pretty good. For example the Aladin trilogy was great, and the fact that all the movies made first their appearance on theaters that proves it.

Now, of course there some sequels made mostly for money like the "Bambi 2" movie or the "Cinderella" but some of these sequels are pretty good. Besides Disney two or a year ago, i'm not sure, announced that in the future they will be focused mainly on sequels. I just hope they won't make a "Snowhite" sequel.

9. BirthBySleep Merlin's Housekeeper

The only Disney sequel I can say I like is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The others I really cannot stand, as they're mostly all direct-to-video and meh. And Walt Disney never wanted sequels to any of his animated films, so they're going against his wishes :eek:

10. Mish smiley day!

I agree. I really, reeeeallly hate these sequels.

Why can't they leave classics like Peter Pan, Fox and the Hound etc etc alone? It's a molestation of my childhood. v_v

It's just because they can't think of new material. >.>

11. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

They will dry up every resource they have, and them they'll cancel KH, in which case we'll destroy them.

12. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

That is my main point, they destroyed the classics with these sequels.
    If they touch Hercules, I will start a riot!!!

:eek:
    Another good reason to go against the sequels!
    If they did that, the whole KH community will start a deadly riot!!!:eek:

13. beth higdon Traverse Town Homebody

Hate to bust your bubble but they have already made a sequel to Hercules and than a t.v. show. I agree that most of them suck. There is a few that are OK though. Aladdin 2$3, Lion King 2, Rescuers Down Under, Cinderella 3, and Bambi 2.

14. EvilMan_89 Code Master

yea, i noticed that almost all of them suck hard. like Little Mermaid 2, and Mulan 2 (never saw this one, but looks stupid as sh**)

15. beth higdon Traverse Town Homebody

i don't like Mulan 2 very much but i like the princess

16. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

There is no Hercules 2. Anyways yes, I know of the series.
    But there is still no sequel to Hercules.

BTW, if you were Misled by Hercules-Trojan War, it is a fake!
    Just wanted to make it clear.

17. Kiryu Setsuna F. Seiei

I really don't like it when they make direct to sequel. I thought the hercules tv show wasn't to bad.

18. beth higdon Traverse Town Homebody

before they made the t.v. show the made a direct to video movie that opened the show. Meg and Hercules are married and Meg finds his old high schooled album. Than it shows clips from the show. It is tideled Hercules: Zero to Hero

19. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Yup the sequels do suck. I'm not a fan of any of them i think. I just a fan of the classic ones. The only sequel that i like is Pirates of the caribbean.
    But i'm just mainly talking about the ol' classic ones, such as Lion King, Beauty & the beast etc.

20. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

...yeah, I think the point is pretty clear in this thread: Disney sequels do stink.

Though there always are a couple of exceptions, which is why I always feel the need to check out the sequels nontheless; some of them turn out quite to be enjoyable.

Lion King 1 1/2 is high up my favorite movie lists. =D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.