depression?...

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by jettie, Apr 1, 2009.

1. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

I've been depressed now for 15 weeks. but all i do is normally say everything is fine and smile. i can't seem to tell anyone that i'm not happy. i did tell one teacher and we used to talk once a week but i stopped coming sense i felt it did not help after 6 weeks. and now it is to hard for me to go back to her. i can't be happy for long. only when i'm with close friends. but as soon as there gone i'm back un happy. should i hang out with them or is it just a distraction? i just can't see what to live for anymore. i know that is just how depression works. but i can't see things as happy anymore. i can't even think of what is so wrong making me like this anymore. sometimes i get really mad for little things, but after it i just take it out on my self that i got mad over it. i feel i'm constantly judged by others when i'm probably not. i can't see much clearly like i used to. i don't enjoy anything i used to do and don't want to do any thing any day. it's so hard to fall asleep because laying down in the dark all i can think about is my own thoughts and they don't let me sleep. and i've started cutting my self. though i know it is wrong i can't seem to stop, it makes me feel a little when i do.
    i don't' really know why i'm posting this. sort of i just want to tell someone or if any of you know how to get un depressed or anything really.

2. Maka Albarn It's called love

D8 Awww... I didn't know it was that serious... ><

Well, here's a tip that might help ya... When I feel like the world is on my shoulders, and everything seems like nothing can be happy... Just think about the little things in life that help you or make you happy. The longer the list becomes, the more your bad feelings go away. Keep a journal too, write your feelings down. It kind of gives you a reflection on your day, and write the small things you achieve. It doesn't have to be that big. As for cutting your wrist, try cutting something else... Like a stick or something. It kind of has the same effect. :sweat: Sounds childish...

You're a smart kid. I mean, you told me that other people come up to you to ask you to do their homework for them. ^^

Anywho... if you need to talk about it more jettie, just IM me or leave an PM or e-mail. :glomp: Hope things will start getting better.

3. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

I'm no expert, but I would have to say that being depressed for 15 weeks is a sure sign of depression. The only advice I have here is for you to go back and talk to your teacher again. the worst thing you can do when you depressed is to not talk to someone. I highly advise you to speak with you're parents. It's a parent's job to be there for their child when they really need it.

You can't really just become un-depressed unfortunately. Getting rid of depression is something that you need to work at. You need to talk to people and you need to do it consistently in order to feel better. I you are suffering from depression, then 6 talks that last like, what 30 minutes? well 6 of those aren't going to help you at all. you need to make the effort to continue those talks until you feel better. And when you do finally feel better you need to continue going to those talks for little more than a month. If your depression comes back, then you start having talks again. that is the best way to fight depression. You need to work at it.

4. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

Aww, so sad, it remind me of someone.
    I think you should stop cutting immediately , don't hurt yourself.
    If you are sad maybe got to youtube and search around for funny videos,
    or if you have a close friend you can talk to that would be good,
    or if you have siblings you can talk to, they can probably cheer you up,
    you are sick of being depressed, so look to the bright side of things.
    it will be hard but you got nothing to lose.
    i dont know if you are a Christian, but you might want to talk to God.
    hang in there.

5. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

it's just hard to go back after u left. really i never knew what to say. cuz idk why i'm depressed.
    my parent's and i normally do not talk much.
    kinda the longer i stalled the harder it gets to tell anyone.

of course i'll see funny things like yt videos and laugh it's jsut it doese not stay long.
    i dun have any sibblings and all my friends really don't know me. cuz i'm always making jokes. i'm not used to talking about my self.

6. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

i dont know if you believe in God, but if you dont, know is the perfect time to ask him into your heart and he will fill that hole inside of you with comfort and youll be happy again. fun things like yt vids, internet, sports, friends, whatever make you happy for a bit but then ur back to being sad, but God can make your life a lot better. :)

7. childofturin Why?

Why would that work? It didn't for 13 years of MY life. God has never once shown himself to me to be anything more than a nonexistent force. I have never felt him, never "heard" him, never experienced him in all my church-going years. I was happier after I abandoned the useless ritual and constraining biblical laws (now horribly out of date) than I EVER was as a Christian.

8. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

God doesn't reveal himself to you by appearing in front of your eyes and saying, "Hi, I'm God." God can reveal himself through people. Like if you are longing for an answer to something, then someone might answer you, because God tells them, even though they might not know God told them.

9. childofturin Why?

So, if I don't know it's god, and they don't know it's god, how do you know it's god? Maybe, the person with an answer just wanted to answer me? Maybe being nice can happen without "godly" intervention? All these things that Christians attribute to god, maybe they're just the better side of human nature showing through. God doesn't have to be included anywhere in anything for it to happen.

10. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

No. I meant like, God provided the person with he answer,ill give an example:
    Bob wonders what it means to truly be a Christian, he prays to God longing for the answer.
    Bob goes to Christian club one day and the pastor guy talks and he talks about what it truly means to be a Christian and that its not about having a religion behind you, its about a relationship with God.
    Bob is happy cuz his prayer got answered, he is no longer confused.
    God doesn't answer your prayers directly like talking to you, most times he uses people to answer your prayers.

im sorry this is really hard to explain.
    I think you shouldn't judge Christians.

11. childofturin Why?

I think that, having once been one, and considering the fact that my degree requires me to take a great many courses on religion, culture, and history makes me possibly one of the most qualified people on this site to judge Christians (with the exception of maybe CtR and other archaeologists-in-training). Trust me, I know what I am talking about. God has yet to do anything that in any way helps my life. Everything that has ever happened to me is easily explained by natural laws or psychology. To include god in something that makes perfect sense without him is, in my humble opinion, absolute tripe. It means nothing, and it certainly won't convert any scientifically-minded person.

About your example, if Bob is not a Christian, why would he pray? If he doesn't know that he "has a personal relationship" with god, why does he assume that god will answer?

And now, I am afraid we have gotten completely off topic - partly my fault, but I just wanted to address this issue.

12. T3F Chaser

I agree with Rainbow 100% I'll admit God hasn't been with me at times, but if you really want a problem to be solved, not only do you need to pray, but you need to have a lot of faith. It doesn't do much if you just say, "God, I've had a bad day, help me," and don't get me wrong, that works sometimes. But you truly need to love and have faith in God for a prayer to be answered the way you want.

K, that was hard to explain, but I hope I'm making a point.

As for you jettie, what you said was true-If you keep stalling, you won't be able to talk to people comfortably about your problems. You need to talk to someone. And if you don't know what is making you so depressed, its probably just a phase. I went through that last year, and I've lost count of the Help With Life threads I made last year. As for cutting yourself, don't result to that, the scars are not pretty, trust me.

13. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

how long did ur phase last?
    did u do anything to change it or did it happen on it's own?

14. demonchick25 Hollow Bastion Committee

I know exactly how you feel. Depression is very hard to get through.

Cutting is not the way to deal with your feelings. You can try ripping up paper or screaming at things to help. I think that these thing help a bit.

If you seriously think that you have depression, you should try to see a therapist. If nothing else, it'll help you figure out why you're feeling this way.

I really hope this helps you. For me these things worked.

15. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

xD i dont know, lol.

16. Cutsman Gummi Ship Junkie

Talking about it is the best thing you can do. You shouldn't pretend to be something your not feeling.

17. T3F Chaser

It was from beginning of term 3 to half-way term 4, so about 15-17 weeks. Its normal, trust me

18. Reisen Twilight Town Denizen

You need to do something that makes you happy. /thread.

19. GREE06 Traverse Town Homebody

My friend, you need to look at things from a different point of veiw. Your friends don't want you to be sad. You are just in a slump. Trust me. I've felt like this before after a bad situation. You just need to forget about the bad, the past or the future. Just live in the present and see how good it is to be alive now and see the good things in your life. Something good to do is to make a list of all the great things about you and you're life. I want to leave you with this phrase. "No matter how the dark the night, morning always comes with a new beginning."

20. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

someone saw the cuts and turned it into the guidance office at school. which spreads to my parent's knowing. i have to see a doctor. so i guess ittl be okay now.