Dengeki Interview (REAL THIS TIME)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys, I didn't expect a Dengeki interview to literally pop-up right after the April Fools, but one did come up...some of the questions scared me but this one is legit!

IGN: April 2, 2007 - With Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + Re: Chain of Memories at last out in Japan, Tetsuya Nomura and crew can now devote all their energy to their next project. And that appears to be another Kingdom Hearts game, or at least another tie-up with Disney. But is it Kingdom Hearts III?

Speaking with Japan's Gemaga and Dengeki PlayStation publications, Nomura gave a few hints on the new project, which he's previously hinted would see formal announcement later this year.

Gemaga asked if the characters who appear in the new CG "secret movie" that has been added to Final Mix are from the new title. "They are people who have some relation to the new series," said the producer. "However the next title won't just be Kingdom Hearts III. If it were III, we wouldn't call it a new series."

Asked if Sora and Riku would make an appearance in the new game, he said with a laugh, "I can't say." He also hinted that the new game would have something to do with Xehanort, the main villain of the Kingdom Hearts series.

He was just as direct when Dengeki PlayStation asked for some details on the new title. "First, it's not Kingdom Hearts III. Of course, because we're calling it a 'new' series, it won't be KHIII. Also, it's a series, so it probably won't be just one title."

Nomura once again promised an announcement of the new game, whatever it may be, some time this year. In the meanwhile, he suggested that players attempt to unlock the Final Mix secret movie and start imagining.

Source: FF13Vids and IGN

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Mari
      Mari
      Awesome! New series based off KH. Reminds me of Detective Conan and The Magic Kaito :3
    2. KeyChaser
      KeyChaser
      Thanx for the update!! but is this another one of those april fool jokes?
    3. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      No, April Fool's is over.

Thanks, Xaldin. ^^
    4. Twilight Deity Link
      Twilight Deity Link
      nice job
      I saw this about an hour ago
      I was like oh well I might check ign out and there it was
    5. Nobody'sHearts123
      Nobody'sHearts123
      technically its not april fools day anymore
    6. bennyjr123
      bennyjr123
      (sigh) nothing about america. Oh well.
    7. libregkd
    8. simple.and.clean
      simple.and.clean
      *CRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* I want Sora!! How dare they not make KHIII with out SORA!!!!!!!!!!! if they wanted 2 make a new series MAKE A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT 1!!!!!!!!! I want my KINGDOM HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<
    9. keybearer11
      keybearer11
      Crap! No way! KH was AWESOME! I wouldn't want this story to end! I hope there will be disney and Sora and Riku and Donald and Goofy and Kairi and King Mickey and Minnie and and and... Well I didn't want this to happen! It's a nightmare to know that the game i so liked will be no more. I magine all the good times you guys had fighting and losing, retrying nad winning, travelling into other worlds, beating the bad guys, searching for Riku, understanding the meaning of friendship, making your heart stronger gaining some really important ideals from the game, becoming Sora in your mind and fighting heartless in your dreams! Well NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't believe that no other KH will come out. I can't believe it! Nonono I can't! Or maybe i dont want to. Crap!
    10. AiLuvYuu
      AiLuvYuu
      Start Imagining?

Hah, Start Imagining? Whoa, trust us Nomura, we already have >:] Gah, can't wait to hear the new Title~!
    11. waytothedawn
      waytothedawn
      of course its not a april fools joke! it was from IGN and they my friend tell the truth
    12. AXELMemerised
      AXELMemerised
      xeahnaort
      eh?

hmm

FAN FIC WRITERS!
      get working!
      =)
    13. clayfair
      clayfair
      Please, if I’m wrong correct me but Nomura-san has never said there won’t be a KH III, just that the new project isn’t KH III. It may be a spin-off which will answer some of the questions from the secret move and raise even more for KH III to solve.
    14. Fruity~
      Fruity~
      I wish Sora and Riku because I like them so much (especially Sora). Still thanks for the information, Xaldin.
    15. kitty_mckechnie
      kitty_mckechnie
      I'm really curious about this now. Thanks again Xaldin. :D
    16. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Exactly what does that mean? That there won't be a new Kingdom hearts game at the moment and they will be focused in the new project, or that the new Kingdom hearts game will have another title instead of KHIII? Some help? I'm a little confused. (Please no spoilers) Thanks for the info Xaldin.
    17. Crispers
      Crispers
      *crys*
      no hint about releseing it here.........
      :'(
      but thatnx for the info
    18. KeyChaser
      KeyChaser
      KH series is not ending!!! Its jus that Nomura is starting another series which has links towards KH's storyline! So fans dun be disappointed, Sora will once again appear XD
    19. Rokuxion
      Rokuxion
      Will the ne wprpject + projects be for ps2 or 3? Gameboy or Ds?

Another thing, I heard from a website Sora and Riku will infact be in the new project. Also, i'm guessing kingdom hearts is going to be like final fantasy (knowing square enix), they'll probably have some of thier games as a story, then start a completely different story then go on.