Chain of Memories Deleting Data on CoM (Spoiler Warning)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Invader Jack, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invader Jack Twilight Town Denizen

Hey, I got a used copy of Chain of Memories on Gameboy Advance for a friend of mine. My friend is just experiencing the Kingdom Hearts series for the first time. He just finished KH and is ready to move on to CoM (I recommended he play the games in the exact order they came out--you appreciate Re:CoM a lot better when you play CoM on GBA first). So, you know how when you get CoM brand new, you only have the option of playing as Sora? Then once you beat that part of the game, you can go to Reverse/Rebirth mode? My concern is, since the game is used, it's already been beaten, so anyone new to the game can already see that you get to play as Riku. Well, I don't want that part of the game to be spoiled for my friend--I want him to be surprised by it. :) So, I want to delete all the data from the game and make it like it was when it was brand new, so that you can only play as Sora, and the Riku option isn't available yet. Does anybody know how to do that? Is it even possible?

Wow, sorry for the long explanation...sometimes it just takes me forever to get to the point. :/

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i don't know actually, i heard that if you somehow remove the internal battery for GBA games the save files are gone (and i think that would get Reverse/Rebirth removed). but i have no idea how to remove the internal battery.

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

With steady hands, a flat headded screwdriver, and some glue, you could open up the game cartridge, remove the CMOS (coin) battery for a minute and then seal the whole thing back up again. That would clear the game's memory back to the factory defaults.

I'll try and figure out if you can do anything ingame though since I doubt you want to go disassembling the cartridge.

4. Misty gimme kiss

You could try erasing all of the save games, if you haven't already. I've never tested it but removing the Sora files that unlocked Reverse/Rebirth may relock Reverse/Rebirth. If that doesn't work, then I don't really think there is a way (short of cracking open the cartridge, as Evilman and mixt mentioned).

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I've found a couple of cases where corrupted files ended up wiping save data. You could try turning off the system durring a save to attempt coruptting a save file.

There are of course other methods to corrupt data but many of them have a good chance of messing up the game itself. This relys a lot on luck though so it will probably take a few tries if it works at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.