Death Note ~ Rules

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An apple a day, keeps Ryuk quiet and away.

Episode 1 - Rebirth

The human whose name is written in this note shall die.

The note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.

Episode 2 - Confrontation

If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.

After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

Episode 3 - Transaction

This note shall become the property of the human world once it touches the ground of (arrives in) the human world.

The owner of the note can recognize the image and voice of it's original owner, i.e. a god of death.

Episode 4 - Pursuit

The human who uses this note can go to neither heaven nor hell.

If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds after writing the cause of death as a heart attack, the time of death can be manipulated, and the time can go into effect within 40 seconds after writing the name.

Episode 5 -Bargaining

The human who touches the Death Note can recognize the image and voice of it's original owner, a god of death, even if the human is not the owner of the Death Note.

This not will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their minds when writing his/her name. Therefore, the people sharing the same name will not be affected.

Episode 6 - Open Seam

If a human uses the note, a god of death usually appears in front of him/her within 39 days after he/she uses the note.

Gods of death, the original owners of the Death Note, do not, in principle, anything which will help or prevent the deaths in the note.

Episode 7 - Clouded Sky

A god of death has no obligation to completely explain how to use the note or rules which will apply to the human who owns it.

A god of death can extend his life by putting human names on the note, but humans cannot.

Episode 8 - Gaze

A person can shorten his or her own life by using the note.

The human who becomes the owner of the Death Note can, in exchange of half of his/her remaining life, get the eyeballs of the god of death which will enable him/her to see a human's name and remaining lifetime when looking through them.

Episode 9 - Contact

A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in the heart or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are generally not known to gods of death.

The conditions for death will not be realized unless it is physically possible for that human or it is reasonably assumed to be carried out by that human.

Episode 10 - Suspicion

The specific scope of the condition of death is not known to the gods of death. So, you examine and find out.

One page taken from the Death Note, or even a fragment of the page contains the full effects of the note.

Episode 11 - Break-in

The instrument to write with can be anything ((e.g. cosmetics, blood, etc.)) as long as it can write directly onto the note and remains as legible letters.

Even the original owners of the Death Note, gods of death, do not know much about the note.

Episode 12 - Love

You may also write the cause of death and/or details of death prior to the filling in the name of the individual. Be sure to insert the name in front of the written cause of death. You have about 19 days (according to the human calander) in order to fill out a name.

Even if you do not actually posess the Death Note, the effect will be the same if you can recognize the person and his/her name to place in the blank.

Episode 13 - Confession

The Death Note will not affect those under 780 days old.

The Death Note will be rendered useless if the victim's name is misspelled four times.

Episode 14 - Friend

"Suicide" is a valod cause of death. Basically all humans are thought to posess the possibility to commit siicide. It is,, therefore, not something "unbelievable to think of."

Whether the cause of the individual's death is either a suicide or accident, if the death leads to the death of more than intended, the person will simply die of a heart attack. This is to ensure that other lives are not influenced.

Episode 15 - Gamble

Even after the individual’s name, the time of death, and the death condition on the Death Note were filled out, the time and condition of death can be altered as many times as you want, as long as it is changed within 6 minutes and 40 seconds from the time it was filled in. But, of course, this is only possible before the victim dies.

Whenever you want to change anything written on the Death Note within 6 minutes and 40 seconds after you wrote, you must first rule out the characters you want to erase with two straight lines.

Episode 16 - Desicion

The time and condition of death can be changed, but once the victim’s name has been written, the individual’s death can never be avoided.

If you lose the Death Note or have it stolen, you will lose ownership unless you retrive it within 490 days.

Episode 17 - Execution

If you have traded the eye power of a god of death, you will lose the eye power as well as the memory of the Death Note, once you lose it’s ownership. At the same time, the remaining half of your lifespan will not be restored.

You may lend the Death Note to another person while maintaining it’s ownership. Subletting it to yet another person is possible, too.

Episode 18 - Comrade

The borrower of the Death Note will not be followed by a god of death. The god of death always remains with the owner of the Death Note. Also the borrower can not trade the eyeballs of the god of death.

When the owner of the Death Note dies while the note is being lent, it’s ownership will be transferred to the person who is holding it at that time.

Episode 19 - Matsuda

If the Death Note is stolen and the owner is killed by the thief, it’s ownership will be transferred to the thief.

When the same name is written on more than two Death Notes, the note which was first filled in will take effect, regard less of the time of death.

Episode 20 - Makeshift

If written the same name on more than two Death Notes is completed within a 0.06-second difference, it is regarded as simultaneous; the Death Note will not take effect and the individual written will not die.

The god of death must at least own one Death Note. That Death Note must never be lent to or written on by a human.

Episode 21 - Activity

Exchanging and writing on the Death Note between the gods of death is no problem.

If the god of death decides to use the Death Note to kill the assasin of an individual he favors, the individual’s life will be extended, but the god of death will die.

Episode 22 - Guidance

The dead god of death will disappear, but the Death Note will remain. The ownership of the Death Note is usually carried over to the next god of death that touches it, but it is common sense that it is returned to the Great god of death.

Only by the touching each other’s Death Note can human individuals who own the Death Note in the human world recognize the appearance or voice of each other’s god of death.

Episode 23 - Mania

An individual with the eye power of a god of death can tell the name and life span of other humans by looking at that person's face. By posessing the Death Note, the individual gains the power to kill and stops being a victim. From this point, a person with the Death Note cannot see the life span of other Death Note owners, including him/herself. But, it is not really nessesary to know the life span of him/herself and other Death Note owners.

Tho god of death must not tell the names or life spans of individuals he sees. This is to avoid confusion in the human world.

Episode 24 - Revival

It is prerequisite for the Death Note used in the human world that a living god of death makes sure that the humans in the human world use it.

It is very difficult to consider that a god of death who has possessed a human could die, but if he should die, the Death Note that he brought into the human world will not lose it’s power.

Episode 25 - Silence

No, L, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Blank-

Episode 26 - Reincarnation

Dangit, Light is evil...
    -Blank-

Episode 27 - Abduction

If you just wrote “die of accident†for the cause of death the victim will die from a natural accident after 6 minutes and 40 seconds from the time of writing it.

Even though only one name is written in the Death Note it influences and causes other humans that are not written in it to die the victim’s cause of death will be a heart attack.

Episode 28 - Impatience

If you have traded the eye power of a god of death you will see a person’s primary life span in the human world.

The names you see with the eye power of a god of death are the names needed to kill that person. You will be able to see the names even if than person isn’t registered in the family registration.

Episode 29 - Father

If a person loses possession of a Death Note, they will not recognize the gods of death by sight or voice say more. It however, the owner lets someone else touch his Death Note, from that time on, that person will recognize the god of death.

In accordance with the above, the human who touched the Death Note and began to recognize the gods of death sight and voice, will continue to recognize it until that human actually owns the Death Note and subsequently loses possession of it.

Episode 30 - Justice

If a Death Note owner accidentally misspells a name four times, that person will be free from being killed by the Death Note. However, if they intentionally misspell the name four times, the Death Note owner will die.

The person whose name was misspelled four times on purpose will not be free of death by a Death Note.

Episode 31 - Transfer

When regaining ownership of the Death Note, the memories associated with the Death Note will also return. In cases where you were involved with other Death Notes as well, memories of all the Death Notes involved will return.

Even without obtaining ownership, memories will return just by touching the Death Note.

Episode 32 - Selection

If a Death Note is owned in the human world against the god of death’s will, that god of death is permitted to stay in the human world in order to retrieve it.

In that case, if there are other Death Notes in the human world, the gods of death are not allowed to reveal to humans that Death Note’s owner or location.

Episode 33 - Ridicule

In the event that there are more than 6 Death Notes in the human world, only the first 6 Death Notes that have been delivered to humans will have effect.

The seventh Death Note will not become active until one of the other 6 Death Notes is burned up, or a god of death takes one of them back to the world of gods of death.

Episode 34 - Vigilance

The Death Note will not take effect if you write a specific bictims name using several pages. (Ouch, the makers had a typo! XD “bictims†is supposed to be “victims“)

But the front and back of a page is considered as one page. For example, the Death Note will still take effect even if you write the victims surname on the front page and given name on the back.

Episode 35 - Murder Intent

In the world of gods of death there are a few copies of what humans may call user guidebook for using Death Note in the human world. However, the guidebook is not allowed to be delivered to humans.

It is perfectly okay for gods of death to read the guidebook him/herself and teach humans about its contents, no matter what the content may be.

Episode 36 - 1.28

The human whose name is written in this note shall die.

The human who uses this note can neither go to Heaven nor Hell.

Episode 37 (Final) - New World

All humans will, without exception, eventually die.

After they die, the place they go is MU. (Nothingness)

[​IMG]

2. Yozora Archer

I agree it does rock and I've seen the siries :\

3. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

I'm just putting them here if anyone needs them.

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

There are more rules, but I bet Zexion will come to do them eventually. ^_^

5. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

The episodes have to be on YouTube, I'll get them.

6. Darkandroid Gets it Together

I have them in the replica Death Note I have, I never really read them in the middle of an episode, because they are too small to see on my Zen or youtube.

7. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

*eye twich* All rules episodes 15 through current are gone. *eye twich* I'll have to retype them................

8. DJSeph Traverse Town Homebody

9. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

10. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

Wow, Zexion; that is dedication, typing all those rules. Nice work! I've been watching the episodes fansubbed on www.deathnote.tv

11. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

You have no idea, that was a big hit when I lost the rules 15 through 22.

12. Nanaki Broken in six places

I've started to watch the show,so this is helping me understand it more. Anyways,I was just wondering something. Light can user Death Note to controll what people do before they die,I know. But,if he writes what they do,and DOESN'T write how they die,do they automatically die of a heart attack? Also,can he write that they die,about a week later,or does it have to be in the same day? Just wondering...(And making another post on Death Note would just waste space...)

13. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

In response to your questions:

They automatically die of a heart attack. Yes, the victim can die whenever as long as it's in their lifespan.

14. Nanaki Broken in six places

Alright,thanks. Weird Animes sometimes give me a hard time to completely understand...But I still love them...

15. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

Update!

Episode 25

It has no rules................

16. Nanaki Broken in six places

Episode 25 has no rules? Wow..24 rules (I think). Dang! I'm still back at episode 10,lol. Possibly 11..I'm not sure. I was half asleep with the previous one I saw. Ah,whatever. I'm going to try to watch the rest of the episodes that I can.

BTW: How many episodes are there?

17. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

18. Nanaki Broken in six places

*crickets* uhh...okaaay??? I'm kinda..confused? *shrugs*

19. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

;_; L's dead................

20. Nanaki Broken in six places

I know,I heard about that in some other thread! L was cool,too...But I had the feeling he would die..*bows head* Rest In Piece in the Anime graveyard L...

Yeah..I'm strange...