Death Note Game

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by P, Mar 13, 2010.

1. P Banned

ANYONE CAN JOIN IN AS A DETECTIVE AT ANY POINT IN THE GAME

This is the Death Note Game. Started by members who have now departed, it has been revived so newer members can join in.

General Info
    This game is based off an anime called "Death Note", about a young man who finds a book which kills anyone whose name is written in it. He becomes Kira and attempts to purge the world of evil. A group of detectives attempts to stop him, as detailed below.

To join the game, you have to post in this thread. Note that anyone who posts in this thread is playing, no exceptions. By default, they are Detectives. None of the rules here apply to members outside of the game. You cannot accuse those outside of the game. You cannot kill those outside of the game. You cannot give the Death Note to those outside of the game.

The Shinigami
    The Shinigami is the manager, the director, the dungeon master, the RP starter, the alpha and the omega. The Shinigami is a veteran player. Originally played by ICSP, Destined or Archvice, the position now alternates between P and Tikem. The Shinigami helps neither the Kira nor the Detectives. The Shinigami's job is to manage the game and make it run smoothly. The bonus of being Shinigami is the writing of the small skits for people's deaths or examinations. Oh, and if you irritate him/her, s/he reserves the right to smite you. (Although the nicer Shinigami don't, because it's mean.)

The Shinigami is quite fond of apples.

The Shinigami communicates in GMT/UTC (Pacific Standard time) unless stated otherwise.

The Shingami's relationship with Kira

The Shinigami decides who the Kira is at the start of the round, and is the one whom the Kira sends deaths to. The Shinigami then confirms the names are correct with the Detective and posts the deaths in the Death-Note thread, in the format of a short skit, with the time of death. The Shinigami has a default communication of through PM. This may not be changed.

In the case of multiple Shinigami, each Shinigami gets a single Kira. That Kira then reports to their Shinigami, and only their Shinigami.

The Shingami's relationship with the Detectives

The Shinigami will post a death notice in the thread if a Detective is killed. If a detective believes that the name used was not authentic, s/he may PM the Shinigami to question the name used. If the name was incorrect, the detective's death was avoided in a Matsuda-esque manoeuvre. As such, the detective has a chance at calling out the Kira without the Kira gaining the ability to kill him. (A free accusation.) This accusation is to be used ASAP.

The Shinigami also manages the accusations. Only one accusation may be made per person each day. The Accusations are posted in this thread, and the Shinigami checks them. If an accusation is correct, the Shinigami posts a small entry of how the Kira got captured. If they are wrong, the Shinigami posts a small entry of how the accused got examined, and ultimately released.

The Kira
    The Kira is a hubris-laden genius (or not...) who believes the world is rotten. The Kira wants to change it at all costs by using a Death Note. Nothing is too great a sacrifice for the Kira to achieve goals. The Kira has been granted a notebook of death by the Shinigami. If the Kira writes the first name of someone in that book while thinking about their face, they die soon after. The Kira can control the circumstances surrounding the death, such as the method of death. The Kira is the Detectives' adversary. To be selected for Kira, one has to have posted in the thread before the start of the round (as defined by Shinigami in the first post).

NOTE: EVEN IF YOU DO NOT POST BEFORE THE START OF THE ROUND, YOU CAN JOIN IN AS A DETECTIVE, AND YOU MAY BE USED AS A MIKAMI

The Kira's relationship with the Detectives

The Kira is trying to kill off the Detectives. He can kill Detectives that he knows the first names of, or those that have incorrectly accused someone. He may not kill more than four members via name-kill per day. He does this by communicating (usually by Private message) their first names to the Shinigami, along with their username and details of their death. (In the case of killing mis-accuser, the first name can be excluded.)

e.g. If the Kira were going to kill Pika_power via first name, he would send a PM to the Shinigami using the following template:

e.g.
    More liberties may be taken with the template. The kills can be written by the Kira if they wish, or they can regulate the writing of them to the Shinigami. Revealing of the victim's name in the short kill-skit is not allowed.

The shinigami then posts the kill.

The Shinigami Eyes

If there is no accusation by a detective for 24 hours, the Shinigami gets a bonus kill which he may use in order to kill anyone, even those with an unknown first name. If there is no accusation by a detective for 48 hours, the Kira gets a bonus two kills. This continues with three for 72 hours and four for 96 hours, ad infinitum. This applies to each Kira, so if two Kira are in play, each will get a single bonus kill after 24 hours. The Shinigami Eyes may only be used by the wielder of the Death Note, not a Mikami.

The Mikami

The detective can pass the Death Note or just some pages to another member. This member can then either accept the Death Note or turn the Kira in. If accepting, the member becomes the Mikami, Kira's assistant. If the entire Death Note is passed over, the Mikami can execute the Kira without requiring a name. Pages function as a second Death Note, but the game does not end if a Mikami is caught with the pages. Instead the Mikami is removed from play, and a hint is revealed about the Kira. If the Kira/Mikami is accused when they have no Death Note/Death Note fragments, they are not discovered. If a Mikami kills a Kira via name/accusation kill, they automatically become Kira and gain the Death Note. If a Kira is caught before their Mikami, the Mikami reverts to a normal Detective.

The Detectives
    The Detectives are the ones who post in this thread and are actively trying to stop Kira. To be a detective, one must post in the thread. This must be done each time there is a new round. The Detectives try and discover who Kira is before he kills them all off. Kira is always a Detective, but whether he detects anything depends on the Kira.

The Detectives' relationship with the Kira/Shinigami

Each Detective may accuse once per day. An accusation must be stated as such. Only the words "I accuse..." will be accepted. "I think ... might be Kira..." doesn't cut it. The accusation is made via a post in the Death Note thread. Once they accuse, a detective is able to be killed by Kira, even without a name.

A detective gets only one 'free' accusation. After one accusation, the detective is required to post a reason for suspecting the Kira. This reason need not be definitive proof, but it should be relatively intelligent. e.g. "I suspect Pika_power is the detective, because this kill was at 3AM and Pika_power was PMing someone at 2:59AM.

The Shinigami posts the result of the accusation in the thread, as detailed in the Shinigami section of the rules.

The Clues and the Hints

A Clue is a code containing a definitive piece of information that will reveal the Kira. The code may be anything from the alphabet transcoded into numerals, to a Truecrypt volume with accompanying Keyfile. A Clue is released for each Kira 24 hours after the round has started. Once a Clue is released, the Kira may not pass on the Death Note (but may still create page-Mikami) until he can PM the Shinigami and explain how the Clue is formed. Clues are presented in Yellow Text.

A Hint is a point in the right direction for how to solve the Clue, or occasionally just information on the Kira's activities. They may be encoded themselves, but are always easier to crack than a Clue. A Hint may not be used as evidence on its own. They only count as evidence when used in conjunction with a Clue. Hints are released once a day, one per Kira from the time of the introduction of the Clue onwards. They are randomly PMed to a Detective. The Detective may then post it in this thread, if he so desires. A Kira may fake the presentation of a Hint. Hints are presented in Blue Text..

If a Kira fails to kill one person every 24 hours, an additional Hint will be released for that Kira. Furthermore, this Hint will be directly posted in the thread by the Shinigami.

Clues and Hints of a Kira are managed by the respective Shinigami.

Round 1:

Shinigami: P
    Kira: Keyblade Spirit (The Dream Traveller) 0 kills
    Case solved by: Tikem

Round 2:

Kira: Cherry 5 kills
    Case solved by: ICSP

Round 3:

Concealed Shinigami: Tikem
    Kira: Spaztic Fantaztic (caught by Bushido in the Bedroom)
    Kira 2: CtR (Victorious)
    Mikami: Snow Villiers (CtR's Mikami)

Round 4:

Second Shinigami: Tikem
    Kira: Revelry (Caught by Catch the Rain without doing anything)
    Kira 2: Mako Tsunami (Killed by Mikami)
    Mikami: Keyblade Spirit (Mako's Mikami, victorious)

Round 5:

Kira: Guardian Soul - caught by Keyblade Spirit

Round 6:

Kira: Mr. Brightside - caught by LilBueno
    Kira 2: Midnight Star - caught by Fayt-Harkwind

Round 7:

Kira: LilBueno - caught by Fayt-Harkwind
    Kira 2:Spaztic Fantaztic - caught by Midnight Star

Round 8:
    Kira: NOISE - caught by Fayt-Harkwind
    Kira 2:Spaztic Fantaztic - caught by Axelchanviii

Results of rounds 9 onwards are unrecorded.

All times are calculated in GMT 0.

2. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

Meh, I guess I'll play.

3. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I am in, though I always die really ****ing fast since everyone knows my name ;-;

4. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Looks fun, I'm in. Probably won't die anytime soon since nobody knows my name.

5. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

That is what they all think :b

Part of the fun is in the stalking~

6. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

7. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

It gets annoying when people take the game too far, but i'll give it a shot. And I dont want to be Kira.

8. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

Yes, it is.

9. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I'm definitely playing. Oh the lengths I used to go to find out who Kira was in this game...

10. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh, yeah?

By the way, P, try to pick a Kira who can do his business. I don't want another Round 28As and 28Bs.

11. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I'll have a go but I probably wouldn't be good as a kira as I know hardly anyone's name.

12. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

It seems we have a good pile of players so far.

Oh, and what happens to a Mikami/Misa if he/she is caught with a page?
    *stares at P with a 'you forgot something face'*

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

It's

called

MAFIA.

... *grumble grumble* I'll play.

EDIT: And these rules are way too complicated. I'd wager that's why the game died before.

14. Graxe King's Apprentice

Right when I got rid of my name li-

Nevermind.

To person above:
    How many times have that been said about this game?

15. xXRhian+RoxasXx Gummi Ship Junkie

I guess i'll play.
    You bets that I'll die first? xD

16. P Banned

I took a few liberties with the rules, because I felt it wasn't rewarding enough to the detectives to catch a Mikami. So now the Mikami is executed by the police, whether he has pages or the entire thing. If he's only caught with the pages, the game continues, but the detectives get a hint as to who the Kira is.

I should probably add that not all dead people are Mia Fey, so they cannot accuse or help out from the grave.

17. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

18. Cherry Berry Chaser

I'll join, for the lulz.

19. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Can i join? The rules are bit complicated XDD *rereads*

20. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

Da list: Re-reround 1
    The Dead:
    None. Yet.

Detectives:
    Tikem -Me. I R NOT KIRA! Quite deadly. A veteran from a long time ago.
    Catch the Rain - A suspect. Deadly.
    Midnight Star - A newb.
    Cherry - A suspect.
    Keyblade Spirit - An idiot. A suspect.
    xXRhian+RoxasXx - A suspect.
    Guardian_Soul -A suspect.
    Darkrequiem0 - A veteran.
    Ghetto - Played in the past, caught by Inspector Gadget.
    The Shredder - A suspect.
    Graxe - A suspect.
    SpazticFantaztic :3 - A suspect.
    Nouveau Nova - THIS IS NOT MAFIA. MAFIA IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! A suspect.
    Hell Kaiser Ryo - Who? A suspect.
    Aeon Sora - A newb.
    Gobolo - A newb.
    What? - Can't be Kira.
    The Investigated:
    None.

Accusers (Waiting to die):
    None.

Oh, looks like we have 15 players. Not that it matters anymore.