Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 5(48) (Dec. 30th - Jan.5th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

Again another catch up week. Here are the Top 5

[top5number1]eb2227f4-3694-4e46-a9ae-9a1401247bbc[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: 72f4647d. | View Video
    Song: New World by Back-On

A very well made video, good timing, some nice use of effects (a bit overkill but livable). My only main criticism is the frame ratio, it was all over the place. Great job.

2. Submitted By: namiyuffie | View Video
    Song: Thnks fr th mmrs by Fall Out Boy

A video with great timing and flow odd little timing issue, but that's about it.

3. Submitted By: Anime17 | View Video
    Song: Don't Stay by Linkin Park

It's a known back I don't like Linkin Park AMV's, there are too many and i'm just sick of them, but this one I didn't mind, it had good timing and some nice effects (though not all of them worked) all I can say is, try a more original band.

4. Submitted By: f1071d03 | View Video
    Song: The faceby Jest

A good emotional video, but the timing was your downfall, it was all over the place, there are places you timed and places you didn't. But it had good flow.

5. Submitted By: oathkeeper2u | View Video
    Song: Epiphany by Sweeney Todd OST

I picked it for it's originally and it was well made, though the timing got really repetitive, good to see something different.

Now for the Special Mentions:

Submitted By: vaizado | View Video
    Song: Unknown

It's a good beta, it's orignal with the voiceovers, and had good timing, but some parts could of been timed beta. But it's looking promising.

Submitted By: axel6123| View Video
    Song: It's Not Over by Daughtry

This gets a mention because it's a good first AMV, timing wasn't perfect and you could of added better flow by having more crossfades. But it shows a promising start to video editting. Good job.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next time!

2. kngdmhrts2 Twilight Town Denizen

the day i get into the top 5 will be the day i get married...which at this rate will be never, lol XD

but congrats to everyone who made it ^_^

3. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

dude number one is a wow

4. Falling Star Gummi Ship Junkie

Wow! Good choice of vids!

5. PaopuDragon Merlin's Housekeeper

:x
    Oh snap.
    My week is coming up. :D
    I'm kinda excited, kinda nervous. Oh well, win or lose, I'm fine. I'll just have to rey harder, right? ^_^

But another fantasitc top 5. Crongatulations winners!

6. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

omg that's awesome my first AMV made it to the top 5 :D

7. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident

thank you for another spot in your top 5, DA! and yeah, i don't do linkin park often and the song was requested. but, i get what you are saying =D thanks much!

8. KingofCastle Moogle Assistant

dude shutup about the not liking Linkin Park AMVs thing. Just cause they're better than what you like don't mean ya gotta hate. Deathspank never left stupid complaints that I remember.

9. HazHearts Traverse Town Homebody

I love the first one, it's always quite hard to make an good video ONLY using CG clips, and all the other videos were very nice too, awesome top 5.

10. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Sorry for having an opinion. Deathspank originally left small comments for the first few weeks of the Top 5. I like to give constructive criticism to help improve someone as an editor. I believe the Top 5 is here to help people improve and get towards a goal.

Ok maybe that one comment was a little to negative, but the fact it's in the Top 5 meant I liked it. Yes he made a good video, but it doesn't stop the fact the bands been done to death. =/

Also about that highlighted comment, that is totally not the reason. I like Linkin Park but hearing them so much does start to decline your liking of a band. I'm sorry if that did offend you in anyway, but I would perfer to give contructive criticism to help people improve instead of just posting them and then them not gaining any more experience at all.

11. DawnedDusk Destiny Islands Resident

How could something have great timing, but have a timing issue?
    Does it have good timing or not? Be more clear! Hehe, Just kidding. -_-'
    Nice videos by the way...

12. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Haha, yeah I know what you mean. XD Overall the timing was great, but there were one or 2 slip ups.

Kingdom Hearts 2 was a great game, but with a few flaws. See my point. =D

13. PhazonJunkie Merlin's Housekeeper

i gotta agree with DA on this one. Even though Linkin Park is one of my favorite bands, there are WAY too many AMVs done to their songs (and yes, even i made one to "In the End"). Also, it's his opinion and you don't have to agree with it.

well, on another note, great top five.... hopefully i'll get there someday

14. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

once again A GRT top 5.. awesome vids.. and loved #1... =] keep it up guyz.... and someday i can be up hee as well *sniff* :)

15. XoathkeeperX Merlin's Housekeeper

That nice little cardboard box in your garage. :D
    O
    M
    G

I had no idea I made Top Five. O_O
    Thanks so much! <3