Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 24(67) (May.11th - May. 17th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, May 24, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

Sorry for it being so late this week. It's my last week until I go back home for 3 months, so there were a lot of events going on in my life. Also I will be picking the winner for the Editor's Blog banner contest in the next few days. Here is the Top 5 for this week:

[top5number1]2b0c2fad-976f-4dda-8e87-9a9900aceaa7[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: tallboy44 | View Video
    Song: Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

I first saw this video on youtube and loved it, and well I still do. The effects were as they should be for an emotional video. You can still use a lot of effects and not make it overkill. I don't have anything negative to say about it.

2. Submitted By: khfreak87 | View Video
    Song: The Happening Trailer

I had a hard time choosing between this video and the number 1 this week. Both are fanastic in it's field. I love how well synced this video is, and I liked the computer/TV part, good use of masking. I loved it. Just a shame it wasn't number 1.

3. Submitted By: Mohrchen| View Video
    Song: Pain by Three Days Grace

Very good video, and good flow, but there was a bit of effect whoring, beyond that I really liked it.

4. Submitted By: FmaKnight22 | View Video
    Song: Hero Heroine by Boys Like Girls

A good video, but lacks flow, especailly for the type of song it was, beyond that, very good.

5. Submitted By: HayabusaZeroZ | View Video
    Song: Savior by 30 Seconds to Mars

Similar problem as the video above with flow, but also had some weird effect choices and timing, but I still enjoyed it.

No special mentions this week.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next time! For more information of this weeks Top 5, including the videos that just missed out aswell as your questions answered, go to:

http://kh-vids.blogspot.com/

2. squallxrinoa Merlin's Housekeeper

number 1 is awesome!I used to hate that song but now I'm addicted to it :D

3. Hayabusa Venomous

Fifth place again? Dang it :sweatdrop: XD Ah well, its good enough to be on the list, though my vids are so crappy compared to everybody else's' ^_^'

My personal fave is 3. I watch it all the time on Youtube :D

4. Cloudstrife994 Moogle Assistant

Congrats to all the winners!! Go P-will! I saw that trailer on youtube. Twas amazing. Number one was amazing as well. Good choices for another great week.

5. kngdmhrts2 Twilight Town Denizen

*bangs head on table* never gonna do well enough to get in that top5 ever again

but congrats to everyone, thought they were all awesome =D

6. rikuaxelrock Moogle Assistant

I can't believe it

Oh my God! I made it! Thank you so much, congrats to all the other amazing vid's for making this glorious top 5!

7. Kiwi Merlin's Housekeeper

Congratz Guys! ^^

8. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

khfreak is amazing! He's the reason I joined this site. And now I look like an obsessed fangirl 0_o

Anywho, congrats to all the winners!

9. xosanctuaryox Moogle Assistant

nice job all of you =] i loveddd number 4

10. Mohrchen Moogle Assistant

Thanks for choosing my video :)
    And I loved the 1st and 2nd place ~.~

11. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Congrats on Top 5 you guys ^^ such amazing videos

12. Tora-chan Traverse Town Homebody

Nice work, as usual! I love watching the top 5...number 1 and 2 were great.

13. FmaKnight22 Moogle Assistant

well doesnt this make u feel dandy...

:sleepy:wow, four months of editing...all for lack of flow...kinda uninspiring...kinda a let down...i guess this week just wasnt my week to upload, to much good competition. good job everyone!

OMG FRIGGIN THIRTEEN, IM THE THIRTEENTH POST AGGGGHHHHH THIS NUMBER HAUNTS ME X_X

14. EvilMeRc8 Merlin's Housekeeper

dont worry about it shay u made top 5!!! that just tells u what u should work on, so ur video gets #1!!!! cmon shay, that would usually get me going.. i like to know what i do wrong then fix it xD

15. FmaKnight22 Moogle Assistant

but how do i fix "flow"?
    and u dont think if u spent four months on something, u might be just a tad bit dissapointed too? :\
    i appreciate ur support, im just being thickheaded right now :P thanks

16. ♥Terra_lover♥ Moogle Assistant

GJ

Good-Job to all, if only I knew how to use Vegas 8.0 I might have a chance XD

17. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I think he means that some parts went and others just seemed to break the flow, as in, the thing you were going for. Like if you were going for a love song or something, you would break it if you were to throw in a lot of fighting near the end >_<

Or at least that is what I interpret it as....

But I am just a noob anyway :p

18. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Sorry my criticism disappointed you, don't get me wrong, it was a very good video and I enjoyed it, nothing is perfect huh. All you need to do is more smoother transistions, and that's it.

19. FmaKnight22 Moogle Assistant

sorry for the pouting

thanks a lot, that clears everything up for me :cheers:
    sorry, i didnt mean to come off the way i did, i just woke up and was kinda grouchy :\ im over it.

And i see now, i guess i'll spend some more time smoothening out transitions :)

im just gonna have to find the perfet song for next time so that way i dont get stuck again. ;P

20. Twin Kats Moogle Assistant

Great picks yet again!

:wow: Amazing videos once more, though I've never really replied to a Top Five post before I always look out for them, cause the videos tend to be awesome, heh. I loved #2 ever since I first saw it on YouTube and still think it's grand, and the only other one on here that I really like is #5, the others are cool, but I've seen them more than once on YouTube so the novelty has worn a bit...:sweat:

I loved your video! :glomp: Seriously I kept playing it over and over again. I really thought you should've gotten a little higher that fifth place, but that's just my opinion. 'Sides, I've never even gotten on the Top Five as far as I know, and that's been my goal for...well, since Sept/Oct of 07 (maybe longer), 'cause in my opinion getting even ON this list is an accomplishment in itself (considering how many amazing videos there are) so you've done way better than me. :sweatdrop: