Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 16(59) (Mar. 16th - Mar. 22nd)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

Sorry about last week, I get back home from Uni and I didn't get to rest at all. I was working all day for a few days and then there was catching up with family and friends, I had time to pick my Top 5 but never time to post it. I thought it would of been better to post it on the Wednesday but someone else do it. Then me post it on the Thursday or even later. So I apologize if you didn't get a comment on the video. If you want my usual comment on your video if it made the Top 5 just PM me and I will be happy to.

This week's Top 5 would of been sooner but with Easter and my Dad's computer being similar to something you see in a toilet I couldn't watch the videos until the other day. But enough about that here is the Top 5.

[top5number1]658140c0-e16d-4abb-b9b3-9a61012b6c59[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: SukeyFPT | View Video
    Song: Goodnight & Go by Imogen Heap

The video contains scenes from Crisis Core, spoilers or not I'm not sure, I haven't played the game. The video was great. Though I do have one criticism, even though all the lines and squares looked nice they didn't really so much for the video, they work fine for action videos, but for more emotional ones it didn't work so well. Vinegar is nice on chips (fries for all the American's) but when add it into a chocolate pudding it doesn't taste so nice. But everything else worked perfectly. Great job.

2. Submitted By: PaopuDragon | View Video
    Song: In Burges Trailer

Nice syncing with a bit of charm, probably because of the nature of the trailer. I liked the castle and Pete being fat part, it was a nice touch and attention to detail. Good job. That reminds me I need to see this film.

3. Submitted By: Devrev | View Video
    Song: The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars

Good attempt at flow, the verse is hard to get right, it has slow vocals but a powerful drum beat, hard to get right, a good try but it felt like too much was going on in the first verse, also the chorus needed more going on interms of clips ironically. Beyond that I really enjoyed it. Oh and nice use of blur.

4. Submitted By: khfan1661 | View Video
    Song: Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

My main criticism is the lack of flow, but beyond that everything was nice. But your watermark was too big, it was nice to see it was a little but transparent, but I would personally make it more so and make it smaller.

5. Submitted By: Unknownkid | View Video
    Song: Goodbye by SR-17

With Linkin Park at the beginning I was about to e-slap you, thinking about using another song with Linkin Park, but you luckily saved it. You picked a good song, overused with Naruto, but this is KH so that doesn't matter, it's not used as much with KH. Timing was good, as was most things, it's good to see people using blur, it really makes a video nice. Flow needs a little touching up but beyond that a good video.

Now for the Special Mentions, only 1 this week.

Submitted By: Mohrchen | View Video
    Song: [Unknown

Really WTF. It didn't make the Top 5 because it had no meaning, but it deserves a mention...it's well...original I guess. Sora dancing was quite humorous. It had a weird charm to it.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next time!

2. Goomner Moogle Assistant

WoW

Loved them all
    especially the speical mention
    hehehehehe
    How he dance. Who cares

3. PaopuDragon Merlin's Housekeeper

jgfbjkagbfjkadfadf 2nd? Holy crap I'm getting better. xD Although, I'm pretty sure I submitted a serious video that week that was much more deserving. Although it was a bit scratchy, first time with Vegas and such. Maybe it was the 23rd. Well, at least I'm up there. ^^;

by the way... The dancing Sora is from a guy who does 3D modeling. His YouTube name is ChrisSquareFan, but I don't think he offers downloads. o.o;

4. LeKeyBoi Merlin's Housekeeper

nice! good top man! maybe when i upload a vid it can go up there ^_^

5. FFKHfreak Destiny Islands Resident

HHHHHH. khfreak87 did not make it I'm suprise and happy

6. Kefka VI Moogle Assistant

Uh P-will didn't post a video this week.

7. WGreyB Merlin's Housekeeper

The Top Five was great, especially the first one, which had some really nice effects. I have to say I enjoyed #2 the most, though. Good job to everyone, as usual, and I'm greatly looking forward to next week's!

8. Bakateer Moogle Assistant

#1 blew me away. It was nicely done. Congrats to everyone who got in the top 5, great vids!
    Who knew Sora had skillz when it came to dancing? XD

9. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident

WOW O_O...again #1 is great! good choices ^__^

10. darkwolfbeast Moogle Assistant

wow, the special mention was like you put it original. it brought a smile to my face

11. Mohrchen Moogle Assistant

Wow... I didn't think this crap Video would earn a special mention... But some of you seem to like it

12. Haynette Merlin's Housekeeper

I love the special mention...:DDD

13. Unknownkid Traverse Town Homebody

lol wow didn't know that this song was overused in Naruto AMVs... I pretty much thought that it was totally unknown xD
    Oh well, it's an honor to be under the top 5 of last week. Motivates me of doing another AMV even though I have stress with school xD

14. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

love number two

15. Khfreak87 Merlin's Housekeeper

Congrats, Paopu and Devrev; I was hoping to see your names up there after seeing your vids. Congrats to all of the other winners as well! Great picks, DA.

Also, Mohrchen, even if your video "had no meaning"... it still cracks me up XD Great job.

16. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

congrats to every one this week

17. Limex Destiny Islands Resident

watched all but the first one x3 thanks for the crises core heads up :3 apprichate it "todays spechial metion was indeed hiliarius"

18. paru Moogle Assistant

can you tell me this song cartoon name?

oye can u plz send me this other cartoon name because i love it but i don'T knW the naMe..........
    IF U DON'T KNW THEN LEAVE IT...

19. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

whish one are you taking about

20. EvilZexion_13 Merlin's Housekeeper

Great videos again this week!!! I really liked the special mention; it was very interesting, to say the least.