Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 1(44) (Dec. 2nd - Dec. 8th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

Wait just a minute. This isn't Deathspank, well I'm his substitute for time he can't make it. Here's the top five for this week.

[top5number1]ee637b9f-aee3-4131-b8fc-99f8017b6488[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: angelsinflight14 | View Video
    Song: In Like a Lion (Always Winter) by Reliant K

A very good emotional video, great story, relation to the lyrics and good use of glow I must say. A great example of a very good video that isn't action based. Great job, very original.

2. Submitted By: ViNi | View Video
    Song: What I've Done by Linkin Park

First of all very nice intro. I'm not really a a Linkin Park AMV fan, but this was an example of a good one, even though the overuse of the band annoys me, but to be fair I didn't use my dislike for LP AMV's affect my choice, you made a very good video. Well done.

3. Submitted By: Yashanyu1 | View Video
    Song: His World by Zebrahead

Nice to see the a more original band, some nice effects, it was quite an entertaining, though not the best on a technical front, it was very enjoyable and that counts for quite a bit.

4. Submitted By: xosanctuaryox | View Video
    Song: Over my Head by The Fray

Another good emotional video, the simple approach to effects was great for that sort of video, though a few more glows or slow flashes would of been nice, but beyond that it had a nice connection to the song. And overall enjoyable.

5. Submitted By: haelsyx | View Video
    Song: No Reason by Sum 41

Another entertaining videos, and I must say for a WMM video it was very good, you used the software well, congrats.

But that's not all, I would like to add some special mentions, here are 2 videos that didn't make the list but deserve a mention to show appreciation for the effort they put into their videos.

Submitted By: Xaale | View Video
    Song: How to Save a Life by The Fray

This one gets a mention for it's story, though some of the scene/timing options I don't agree with, it was neither the less a nice effort

Submitted By: 4a94f3ac | View Video
    Song: Don't be Late for Christmas by The Chipmunks

This ones gets a mention for it's sheer originality, congrats on it's uniqueness.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next Monday!

2. KL93 Twilight Town Denizen

I can't believe the 2nd place winner has only made three videos. I'm on my like, 45th and I'm not half that good.

Great choices, DA! Maybe you should take over the top five. >.> I know you'd pick the best for the top and not just your favorites. -_-

3. Luka Deafening silence

Wow DA that's awesome ;D
    the 2nd one pwns ... a lot

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Thanks, but give Deathspank a bit more credit than that, technically my picks are my favourites, i find the good AMV's are my favourites. =P

I tend to agree with DS's choices most of the time.

5. kngdmhrts2 Twilight Town Denizen

pinch me...i think im dreaming...p-will isnt in the top 5!!!

*ahem*

awesome choices there...and glad you wrote why you chose those vids, should be done every week. :D

6. L337 kybldmstr Destiny Islands Resident

Who could blame you? None of us would envy having to watch EVERY vid in the portal to decide which five are the best.

7. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Wow.... OMG they are REALLY good ^^ I love them all. I love the music. Great job ^^ LOL I laughed at the Alvin and the Chipmunks xDD #1 vid, was REALLY REALLY good, love the scenes and music

8. W7F King's Apprentice

O_O

Holy. . . These were some awesome videos. I can easily see why each one. . . err, won. Noice job vid makers, and nice pickin' them out DA.

9. Nymph of Destiny Chaser

Wow, nice AMVs...although that fifth one...that just can't be made with the WMM...some of the effects are impossible...unless it's downloaded...anyway, everyone did an awesome job. :)

And it's kind of you to take Deathspank's place while he can't make it, Dark Android! :)​

10. RoxasLoverXX Merlin's Housekeeper

Love your choices, all were awesome.
    I like how you put the reasons why you chose them and stuff, too.
    I'm agreeing with the person who said it first that it should be done every week.

11. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Great picks, DA.

The Alvin and the Chipmunks one made me laugh.

And P-will didn't upload any videos this week, so that's why he wasn't in.

He's not ALWAYS in either.

He's just good at it.

Anyway, the videos are all great.

Nice job.

12. Spike H E R O

I love the first one, it really mellows me out. You picked the right ones for the right places.

13. Fayt Merlin's Housekeeper

wow , my prediction was true , anywho , i liked number 1 the best.

14. angelsinflight14 Merlin's Housekeeper

I like when your predictions come true. -still dying every now and then from joy-

15. Digisoul_Masaru Merlin's Housekeeper

i love the first one i like to watch it over and over again

16. endlezzAttackz Traverse Town Homebody

In the storybook, and you're not part of it
    the Over my head one was really amazing, i think that that one deserves a higher spot

17. manthony365 Moogle Assistant

i dont get it becase u guys use abreveation i need to know what WMM is and AMN or somthing like that please help and by the way love the video peace help!:(