*cries* I'm hopeless...

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Ansem59, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ansem59 Chaser

when ever I meet a girl I like the only thing I can every say to her is: hi...

I can't think of anything to say to the girls I like... I'm just too shy... can someone help me think of things to say? and other stuff like that?

and if there's anyway for you guys to think about ways for me to overcome my shyness would be great too.

thanks in advanced...

2. willi_211191 Twilight Town Denizen

wow... you remind me of myself... well... i was like that myself... well still are a little...
    anyway, this girl that you like... do you go school together?? if so, try to... join some activities that she is on! i did/do that, so you get used to be around her, and slowly gaining the courage to talk to her ^^

3. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

I'd try easing into some friendly, basic conversations, like 'What are your hobbies' and such. I know, that's not very helpful, but really just trying to get to know her and being around her more is pretty much the only thing I can think of to ease the shyness a bit.

4. Ansem59 Chaser

thanks... but it's not just with one girl... this has been with every girl I have ever met and liked...

I have also tried this... and I get the courage to talk to her... but whenever I get the courage, I don't have anything to talk about... and when I have something to talk about, I don't have the courage...

I guess your right... but... I'm not exactly the prettiest boy in the school... and the wemon... well... they don't really flock to me... (to say the least)

5. willi_211191 Twilight Town Denizen

well... before you talk to a girl, try thinking what you could talk about...
    what about some recent movie you have watched? that could help.
    and then when you have the courage, go and talk about her... you could even compliment her if you get to!

6. Ansem59 Chaser

yeah, that's a good idea...

7. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Find out her interests, then go from there. Talk about stuff you both like and get to know more about her.

8. JustANobody Twilight Town Denizen

"Prettiest boy in the school?"

That shouldn't really matter. It's the personality that really counts. As far as communicating,the best I could give you would be to just be yourself. This coming from a girl,some find it better to be with a guy who's himself and isn't afraid to show it rather than some hunk. (Trust me)

For courage,just keep practicing everyday,like to a mirror or something. Get some topic ideas on a sheet of paper so you have something to talk about.

9. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

see, thats like me, but the girl i like when i try to talk to her a couple of stalkers and i just like, what the crap. but think of something you both like and when you can talk to her, ask her a question about what both of you like. then you have a conversation

10. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Well, you've got the first step right. You've at least said hello.

The next thing is perhaps find some common ground which you can talk about. Maybe she's reading a book, and you can ask; is that a good book? Maybe you can talk about some of the subjects and what career they're going to take after school. Heck, maybe even TV or music. Once you get into that setting of friends, you could ask if she's got any plans or if she's doing anything exciting over the weekend. JustANobody also came up with a good idea; write down some things you would like to talk about.

You might not want to be too excited or nervous when you're talking to the fairer sex though. Confidence is the key but don't let it get to your head. Just because you can talk to a girl does not mean you're a Greek god.

11. Ansem59 Chaser

LOL thanks for the advice darknesskingdom...

12. TacoGrenade King's Apprentice

Well if this is with every girl then it's actually pretty simple. You don't have a problem talking to your guy friends do you? So when you go to talk to let's say the girls name is Ashley just take a deep breath and try to be confident. Just pretend she's one of your friends and it will be a lot easier. To start off say something like: "Hey Ashley have have you seen the movie __________?" Or something like that. Hope it helps you!

13. myoblivion King's Apprentice

>.< Awww, thats so cute!
    You should just say "Hi" more shy sounding 8D Hhahaha, I think its cute.

Anyway...When talking to a girl like myself, all you need to do if bring up a subject. Like if your at school, and they girl is in your class, make fun of the teacher >.< Then you can make fun of whoever and it will bring laughs and joy. Hahaha
    What my point is, you can easily talk to a girl if you bring up a subject they like

14. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I used to have a similar problem when it came to talking to girls.

Just try to keep it easy and keep mutual conversation going (at the very least). Don't simply just say something without thinking, though. Use your intuition to think of something that might keep a steady conversation; such as, for example, if she's eating a certain food, say something like "oh, so I see you like ___." That kind of thing.

It'll get easier as you do it, so don't expect immediate results. Took me a good year to finally get down the whole "conversation" thing. XD

15. Chevalier Crystal Princess

aww.....thats nice

anyways, if you want to talk to her , then you have to not make a fuss about it, this is really important to you , right?

then, act like its not, think of it as something normal , that will ease your nerviousness

second, be yourself.....to an extent , what are you good at?, take advantage of your skills.

are you funny, are you smart , are you kind, are you shy?, take the advantage of this.....girls like shy boys, but be careful not to depend on this, girls also like boys, who can speak their mind.

hope it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.