Could magic be real?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by awsomonium, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awsomonium Merlin's Housekeeper

A thought hit me the other day, could magic was just a form of energy? Just one that humans havn't discovered yet. maybe ultra microscopic particles that could be manipulated using the parts of the human brain that have layed dormant for ages and no one knows how it works? post ur thought.

2. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

Magic is real, it has been proven by scientists. The power of magic can be harnessed, but not everyone can use it, which is why you have mages and wizards in games and stuff. I guess it's like being a Jedi, not everyone can use the Force, but it's out there. excuse me for my geeky reference xD

3. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Of course it is a possibility, afterall nothing is ever impossible xD

Do I believe magic exists? Of course I do, and I like your idea that it is a form of energy that we just haven't accessed yet. That is very likely considering there is still so much that we don't know.

The idea that magic is energy is one that has been around for centuries and longer, ancient druids would call on this "energy" for their rituals, as did many other cultures and traditions. Maybe one day we will be able to access it too.

4. Wisdom Form Guy Hollow Bastion Committee

I think Magic exists because of it being preformed in a lot of places.We have all seen some kind of magic trick by now.

5. Cherry Pie Pwns Gummi Ship Junkie

It's true that nearly every culture in the world has it's own form of "supernatural powers" or magic that they once believed in. I'm still skeptical about the subject, simply because I've never seen it for myself. I'm not saying it isn't possible. Maybe the reason we don't see it is because, if someone found out how to use magic, they probally would be smart enough to know, that if people got their hands on it, they probably end up screwing the world up more that it already is.

6. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I think magic may kind of exist. Maybe not the same kind as in video games, but maybe like the magic tricks that are performed. I really don't know though =/

7. Wisdom Form Guy Hollow Bastion Committee

I still say magic is real.There are many magicians in the world that do it.That is one way that we know magic is real.:)

8. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

When I was little, I used to believe in magic all the time. Now, I don't think I do as much. Sure there are magicians out there, but they use all these tricks and distractions to pull off their magic tricks.

So I'm not really for sure if I do believe in magic...

9. Juicy Chaser

well... i dont think the tricks we see performed by magicians is "magic" - just clever deceptions.

i agree that magic could be real, in the form of an undiscovered energy, but since we havent discovered it yet we are unable to estimate what it looks like and right now we cant comprehend the idea.

10. Jayn

I could. I think the average human only uses 5% of their brain Anywho…There's a lot else we could probably do.

11. sweet_and_silent Merlin's Housekeeper

Magic could well be real, possibly a sorce of energy in the mind. Possibly an object that manipulates energy. Perhaps one day we'll be able to light a fire in the flick of a hand...

12. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Man doesn't understand everything and never will so yes because magic is that which no one understands.

13. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I believe in magic, I said that in my post, however I don't see the tricks that a magician performs as being magic, I see them as illusions. Impressive to say the least, but not what I would call magic.

Tricks of the mind are just that, tricks, anyone who is determined enough can learn them and perform them.

14. Noise For Love and Justice

yes magic is real!!! but if its the kinda of crap you see on tv or stuff like in harry potter im not really sure....
    but i still belive its real!

15. Twilight's Rose Banned

between Light and Dark's garden; Twilight Garden
    There is a part of the bible that says:
    "People who practice magic infront of God are banned to suffering"
    Meaning that it exists.

16. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

Most of the magic magicians do is fake, magic is diffeeent than that. Magic is something that can help us pull off amazing feats. It can onlso be used in combat, sort of like in the video games, if you know how to use it. ;)

EDIT: In that part of the bible, Twilight, they are talking about evil black magic. there are many kinds of magic, but the most common are black and white, and black magic is like evil magic, demon magic, which is why God telles us to not practice it. One who practiced magic could eventually start to practice black magic, which is why God is warning us.

Also, Wisdom form guy, I WAS THE SECOND ONE TO POST HERE! Do I count as one of the 3 believers? I CERTAINLY BELIEVE!

Also, I'm gonna start a magic family, for anyone who wants to join. if that's okay with you, CtR.

17. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

It just hit me, though. Weren't the Magi also people who studied magic? And weren't they good?

18. Xephos Neko, gamer, animelover, and artist :3 *purrs*

Me, I really wouldn't call it magic. I call it two kinds of them. Evil spirit, and faith. The evil spirit was given by teh devil to the person who does teh magic tricks. The Faith was given by god himself to show teh world who the real god is like in teh bible. Well in my point of view, I would almost agree with the bible's texts but then again I would say it's kinda an ability possessed by specific people.

19. Repliku Chaser

Magic by meaning really seems to be that which yet cannot be fully understood or explained. So by the meaning, sure, it exists, but the hocus pocus stuff I believe is mostly for show to baffle the viewers and there aren't such things as fireballs happening from 'spells' or 'magic missiles' etc.

Obviously stage magic is going to refer to people like David Copperfield. They are actually very scientifically minded people, working up tricks and all to bedazzle people. They have skills too, such as some are also very good at contortion or breaking out of bonds etc. However, is it all pretty 'humanly' possible? It seems so. We just don't know the 'trick' of all of the 'magic' used.

The next kind of magic, which I 'believe' in to a limited scope any way is that there is an energy field which seems to also be detected with science. It is also known as Chi or ki to those familiar with the terms. Since I've 'felt' it and it makes sound sense to me, that is about the only 'magic' I can say I believe in that is 'real'. Other things such as drugs have been used to make people believe in the 'unexplainable' while they are hallucinating or do some things that are bizarre. I think a lot of people added flavor to it by making up things to explain the unusual but in time scientifically I can see that it probably can be explained as time goes on and then it won't be so 'magical'. Surely, someone brought from say the Dark Ages or even past Puritan times to today could look at what we have and immediately call such fascinating technology 'magic' so I tend to look at the word that way as it is just something as of yet unexplainable but if it is a thing that happens, sooner or later we have the chance of coming to know how it works.

20. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

PHAIL

Show me proof!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.