Castro Resignation

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Destined, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destined Working for WDW

2. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I saw this on the news also. No matter whether people loved him or hated him, it has to be agreed he was certainly a unique man.

Survived hundreds of assasination attempts on his life and Cuba has one of the best public healthcare systems in the world

Who would have thought xD

3. Sexy Sheva Banned

I heard this on the Radio this morning

His brother, whom is 67 years old i think is taking over

We talked about his today in World Geo and it's pretty much a shock that Cuba is going to be under rule by his brother lol

4. Repliku Chaser

This doesn't come as much of a surprise to me. In the end, his 76 or whatever year old brother who ran things while he was undergoing surgery is going to be the next president, no doubts. So, nothing much is going to probably change except minor reforms.

The only reason Castro was a bad guy considered at all is because he was helping the Soviets and accepted nukes into the country which of course were more than likely intended to come our way. Assaults on attempting to take his life failed and neither the U.S. or Castro could ever stop the hatred they had for one another after this. The man did improve some things in Cuba, such as the medical care but at the same time, we still get any number of Cuban people that flee as illegal aliens because of other issues in the government. I hope that as Castro will now be out, even though his brother will undoubtedly assume power, that things get better in Cuba and they do not take up active hostilities again, nor does the U.S. They can have their communism and all, but really, I think there's enough condemning on both sides of the fence. Back then, when the activities were all happening, 'communism' was a very bad word, and to Castro and the Russians 'capitalism' is an evil word. I just mostly feel sorry for the Cubans that get lost in the stream of it all and are rather powerless to do anything.

5. hangthesilver Destiny Islands Resident

I heard and was like....saywhat? That guy's been in office longer than I was born I was all... damn, my whole world is crumbling around me lol. I must admit I haven't been following the world news as much as I should be--damn you lack of newspaper/television (not like the internet doesn't ahve news or anything... O.o)-- so it was very much a surprise to me. Still not quite sure how I feel about it.

6. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

I think its a gd thing he stepped down. That way Cuba might actually have some change in the future...we'll see. =/

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I did a CE on this. I was pretty shocked, but at the same time I wasn't.

This is really going to impact the U.S.. Corporations are going to want to try and spread their influence over there, try to get money, and possibly spread democracy over there. If the next leader is younger and more accepting, this is really going to be different.

8. Destined Working for WDW

I agree that this is going to have a large impact on our Corps, but the only problem now is that Raul is now Cuba's new president as of 30 mins ago. Will there be a difference between the two Castro's ideologies about how they should run their government? We'll have to wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.