Camtasia Studio 6

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tSG1, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tSG1 Chaser

Well, I want to record videos on Camtasia Studio 6, but whenever I do record them, it is just static. Turns out that it's taking it from my microphone feed, and i use a fan, which is why there's so much background noise.

I've tried to change it into a different feed, to record from the computer or something, but it doesn't show up.

Link :http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f213/the_guardians513/Camtasia.jpg

Help Please?

2. Aurangzeb56 Chaser

are your speakers properly in....??

3. Misty gimme kiss

Vista is a ***** about this sort of thing. They've made it difficult for you to record what's coming from your speakers (which is what I'm assuming you're trying to do) because they want to cut down on the piracy that can be done that way. I got mine to work for Audacity and I'm sure the settings are similar, so I can screencap them in a little while if that helps.

Edit: Try right-clicking on the speaker icon you'd normally use to adjust volume on your taskbar. Choose "Recording Options". Right click on the field and choose "Show Disabled Drives". Right click on the "Stereo Mix" option and click "Enable."

4. Misty gimme kiss

Are you sure you set it to display disabled drives? Try "Show Disconnected Drives" too. That might work.

5. Misty gimme kiss

I guess your computer just can't do it. I'm not sure if the laptop status would change that or that my computer is a bit ancient, but yeah, I guess you can't. You can always go out and buy one of those wires that have what looks like a headphone jack on each side. You plug one side into the headphones slot and the other into the microphone slot.

I'm not sure what they're called in specific or how much they are.

6. tSG1 Chaser

I does have it.

How to use it? D8

I have a jack which is blue coloured. suggestions?

[​IMG]

7. Mielé Banned

The blue Line In jack is higher quality than the microphone jack

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I looked it up because I don't have it either.
    Some of us are just shit out of luck. It's the drivers or something, but not all computers have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.