Boyfriend Problems.

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by RieRen, Jan 14, 2010.

1. RieRen Traverse Town Homebody

Okay, I usually don't ask people for advice but it seems I need some.

I have this great boyfriend. He is nice, somewhat funny, and shares some of my interests (except a love for the internet). I've been only dating him for two months, about to be three soon, and I really like him ... But he isn't the greatest at school. He is suppose to be a junior, but sadly is still a freshmen. This week was exam week and he had taken his English I exam, unfortunately he failed it ... again. He told me the school was going to pass him anyway but he wasn't sure. While talking to me, he also mentioned dropping out but I made it clear if he dropped out I wasn't sticking around. So that motivated him somewhat to stay in school.

He really tries but school isn't his strong point and I don't want him to quit. Since I'm doing very well in school, I have offered him help quite a few times but we never really get the chance to sit down and do schoolwork. I told him also he needs some motivation but he doesn't have anything to make him want to work hard in school.

What should I do? I want to help him do better but I not sure how I can really help ... he never seems really confident or motivated when it comes to school and I'm afraid he is going to drop out and ruin his life.

2. Legion Twilight Town Denizen

What motivates him usually?

3. RieRen Traverse Town Homebody

Uh, I asked him and he said nothing.
    He doesn't want money, he doesn't want things,
    and I'm afraid to offer anything else ..

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

My teacher had a problem like this several years ago. She was going out with a guy she never imagined to live without and adored him. However, he didn't have the greatest grades and was stuck with a local job. My teacher however was offered a teaching position in another area. She choose the job with alot of regrets at the time, but she realised that he wasn't what she was looking for in the end. He wasn't dependable, or reliable, and she's gald on the decision to this day, and has now been married for 5 years with a smiling personality.

I personally say don't let him hold you back. If he's not motivated to try and assist in any future financial areas, he's not motivated in the relationship and not woth your time.
    However if he is able to change his ways, then maybe he'll be worth the effort, but don't be preoccupied by him all the time otherwise he may bring you down grade-wise.

5. RieRen Traverse Town Homebody

I see. Well, we go to different schools so he doesn't distract me from my own grades. He was failing before I even started dating him, but I've also thought of just letting him do whatever and ignore the fact he's failing. Though I want to help him because he is also my friend and I don't want him to just give up.