Black Coats: Volume 1

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Feb 15, 2017.

1. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Koa looked over to Lea as he explained what it was they would be doing now. Koa nodded as he listened to Lea speak. All of a sudden, a large thud echoed in the room, Koa grabbed a hold of the metal in his pocket and had begun to form it into a spear. He then pointed it at the door in preparation for a fight. As the door crashed down, a colossal man with axes in his hands walked into the room. Lea had lowered his chakrams as he sighed and recognized the man. "Wait you know this man?" Koa looked over to the man as his voice boomed. He had introduced himself as Finlay. By the accent he had, Koa had assumed he was Scottish. He continued introducing himself and once he finished he placed his axes down. With Kiara pointing at the broken door, Aeira and Vallus also inquired about the situation. Koa then spoke up. "They bring up a good point. What do we do now? With the door smashed down, it's not so much of a hiding place anymore." Koa lowered his spear as the metal formed back into a small cube. He placed it back into his pocket before looking over at Finlay. He didn't know what to think of this 'Finlay' fellow. He kept quiet for a bit as he looked over at the door. He walked over to the busted down door. He picked it up and tried to place it back in the doorway. Koa looked at the hinges to see if there was a solution involving it. He continued looking over the door for a little bit to solve the problem, even if it was temporary.

2. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"Well your right about that," he said to Kiara as he walked around the room. "Our small base may have been compromised, meaning we'll have to take the fight to them. Knock them down a bit.
    Upon hearing Aeira's comment on hislack of stealth, Finlay chuckled. "I can be sneaky when I need tah be! Anyways, my people aren' exactly known for our subtlety. My hit 'em hard. The harder they fall, the louder we laugh!"
    Passing Vallus, Lea put his fist to his chin to think on the matter. "None that come to mind. The realm of darkness is a vast place with many fallen worlds. I'm sure we'll come across something temporary soon enough." He picked up a black coat from a small room and handed it to Finlay. "Here."
    Finlay grabbed the coat and tilted his head. "Aye, what's with the dress?"
    "It's a black coat. It'll shield you from the darkness."
    Finlay shook his head. "No... These'll shield from the darkness," He presented Lea with his axes by pointing to his back.
    "Fin, just trust me on this."
    Finlay looked back at the coat in disgust. "Does it come in green?"
    Lea's look spoke volumes.
    "Uggh, fine." Finlay tore off the arm of one of the cloaks and tied it around his wrist. "There. I'm protected by the wee lit'le cloth."
    "Well it's better than nothing I guess... we're traveling in a big pack, so it's best to avoid unnecessary detours."
    "Aye. Speaking of which... where's this band of bruisers you spoke of?" Finlay clapped his hands together and rubbed them in anticipation of seeing his new comrades in arms.
    "Well a few have already introduced themselves, but I'll show you the rest." Lea pointed to each member in the room as he announced their names. "That's Koa, Arctus, Melus, and Kiara."
    Finlay looked to the group and back at Lea. "Are they behind the frail pale children?"
    "No Finlay that's them. Trust me they're stronger than they look. We just took down one of Nequa's followers."
    "Oh really now? How big was he?"
    "Uhh..." Lea stammered when it came to his boasting. He wasn't sure how to sell this group's strength. Granted they did defeat the blonde girl, but saying that out loud didn't seem all that impressive. The fact she turned half of them against each other made it even more humiliating. "Not the point. Point is, we did it..."
    "Well I hope it didn't take all eight of you, because that's gonna be a problem."
    "What do you mean?" Lea asked.
    "Well I followed that pod like yah said, and found a hideaway, some kind of lab or other. I only managed to see the outside, but there were four people there."
    "Four?" Lea asked, a bit concerned.
    "Aye. One was a grizzled old soldier, another was a raven haired girly lass, and the other two were hidden."
    The people he spoke of were both Uniform and Lima.
    "Hidden how?"
    "Well had his face covered in a black coat, and the other had a purple mask."

Lea's eyes widened. "Nequa..."
    "Aye, I thought the same. But here's where it gets interestin'... she looked weak. The lass could barely walk. Said somethin' about her body failing her. The hooded fellah said somethin' about transferring her heart to a new body. Wha'ever that means."
    "So Rin was just a host," Lea said to himself. He looked to the room who may not have known what was going on. "Rin is the body that which was using. She was once part of my group."

"Well it doesn't look like she's doin' so well. "I'm more curious about that delivery there goin' on about. It could be another pod. I saw them carryin' a whole bunch earlier.So I propose we spli' up and knock em down one by one!"
    "Uhh, maybe that's not the best," Lea stammered on. "We've been through a lot. If we have a bit more time, maybe we can recuperate more."
    "Well we don't have a lot o' time, yah cherry headed ginger snap! It took me days of scouring to find this place, and who knows when we'll ge' another chance! The witch is weak!"
    Lea looked to the group. "It's up to them really."
    Finlay shook his head in disapproval of a democracy.

3. Skyheart Joker

Aeira stood around, listening to the conversation that transpired between Lea and Finlay, not really paying much mind to the first part but more so when it came to what Finlay had scouted out. The girl was, first and foremost, surprised that he had managed to pull off a reconnaissance mission and get out, especially with four supposedly powerful people around. Though, they might not have been as powerful as she had originally believed, if all that was needed to take down the last person was the efforts of mostly only Koa. All the same, the girl was alert and seemed ready to move as she walked over to the two saying, "I agree, we should go." As this was also the clear fastest way to finally beat their opponents, Aeira found it to also be better than merely waiting around and waiting for another chance.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Kiara listened to the two men speak, the insults were getting a little annoying, nothing Kiara couldn't handle, but annoying none the less. She wasn't too fond of being called a frail child, but had to do her best to control her temper. There was heat tingling her finger tips, but she managed to keep it under control and move on from that part. There was matters more important to deal with than being called a child. She could prove that she was better than that on her own without too much issue, the issue was, however, what Fin saw.

"I say we go now, don't wait around. If Nequa is weak we should get her now. Besides I have a few scores to settle there. I would rather settle them now before they decide to come to me and cause more problems." Kiara gave Arctus a pointed glare at that statement as she crossed her arms and shifted her weight, looking back at Finlay. "Unless you still think that we are too weak, in which case, I challenge you to a duel." Kiara uncrossed her arms and grabbed for her whip, preparing for a battle just in case.

5. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Finlay's eyebrow raised as his head snapped back, eyes still on Kiara. "You challenge me to a.... Are you out o' yer head, you cinder headed school girl! You can't just go and challenge someone in the midst of a tense sichiation!" He towered over Kiara as he scolded her. "If yah got a fire in yeah for combat, good on ye; but yah CAN'T GO CHALLENGING FOLKS IN THE MIDST OF A BATTLE PLAN." Lea was about to touch Finlay's shoulder, before being shoved off. "I know, I know!" Finlay's face was turning red as static began to furrow around his beard. He took a deep breath before continuing to speak to Kiara. "You wanna prove yer a warrior? Do it on the batt'field!" He looked up. "If yah wanna stay; stay. If you wanna come; come. I've got no time for a dang democracy." He turned around and kicked down the door he just propped up, grumbling as he exited in a huff.

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Melus had been pretty silent the whole time that Finlay was doing... whatever he was doing. His reactions seemed a lot more aggressive and over the top than they really needed to be. The girl strummed a bit at her recently resummoned harp and after a chord or two she asked, "So uh, is that guy just constantly overcompensating for something?" the girl strummed a bit more before replying, "Anyway, at the rate we're at. We might as well just go. Because if we sit back, we're just sitting ducks here. I'd rather get some form of a surprise advantage this time, rather than bring the fight to home and have a repeat of the events that transpired. Just... just don't let me get too close to the combat people. Casters are squishy." she played another note and said, "How are we gonna deal with Mr. Green Anarchist in the future though? Don't exactly want a guy like that taking away stealth advantages. Granted, Kiara and Arctus aren't exactly stealthy either."

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Kiara did her best to stand tall as Finley towered over her. She felt small and uncomfortable, but tried to keep that off her face as she scowled back at Finley. "Just watch me." She retorted as he told her that she couldn't go challenging people in the middle of a battle plan. Kiara crossed her arms and shifted her weight looking up at Finley. "I didn't challenge you to a duel to delay things, simply to get the point across, now lets go." She finished. Finley had decided that if they were going to do this anyone who wanted to should just follow him, and Kiara was okay with that.

As she went to follow out the door Melus spoke up questioning how they would deal with stealth, calling her out for not being stealthy. Kiara shrugged as she turned back for a moment
    . "As long as you hit faster and harder than them, you should be fine. Just stay back and I will handle that part." She insisted before turning and following after Finley mentally preparing herself for what they would likely face ahead.

8. Skyheart Joker

Aeira could only look unamused at the sight of Kiara and Finlay nearly coming to blows. The girl couldn't quite understand why it seemed most of the people here wanted to fight each other than their actual enemy, but she didn't say anything regarding that. Instead, she was merely fine to start following Finlay out as it seemed the group was gearing to go fight Nequa and her underlings. Before she could make her way out, though, Mellus asked a question about their ability to stealth. Aeira merely nodded at the answer that Kiara said and added, "well it's simple. The best way to deal with him, is to just charge straight at the enemy." The girl's voice and expression did not change at all when she said this, making it difficult to tell if she was joking or not. With that done, the girl left the base, ready to see start the fight.

9. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Koa had given up on trying to fix the door. He placed the metal back in his pocket as Finlay was talking with Lea. He walked over to the others as Finlay was reacting to Lea's words. "So, uh, is that guy just constantly overcompensating for something?" He looked over to Melus as she began strumming her harp once more. "I thought I was the only one who was thinking that. It very much seems like it." He looked over to Kiara as she began challenging Finlay. He scratched his head as he sighed. "Let's not start up another fight please. We have more to worry about than a duel between the two of you or whoever is challenging whom." Koa crossed his arms as he heard Melus once more. After a few moments, Koa spoke up again. "Melus is right. If we continue to stay here, we might as well be inviting the enemy to come and attack us." Kiara and Aeira had left the room a few moments after. He walked over to Lea and began to inquire more. "Is there somewhere else we can use for shelter and a hideout for now? Like Melus said, we're sitting ducks out here. We're going to need to leave soon and I rather not walk out there without a path." Koa placed his hands on his hips ashe looked to Lea for answers.

10. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Arctus had remained silent the entire time because he refused to acknowledge that a sentient chunk of machismo was going to lead them into battle. Besides, it didn't matter whether he introduced himself or not. He wasn't planning on becoming friends with the man. At Melus's little comment on him and Kiara (Karina?) lacking stealth he chuckled and crossed his arms. "I'd say I'm fairly sneaky. If Little Miss Hothead hadn't lost her cool I'm sure that first battle would have gone smoother. And I'm pretty sure I got the jump on her after that whole mind control business." He sighed, now that he reminded himself of it. Perhaps he should have kept quiet about it. That wasn't one of his finer moments even if it wasn't his fault. Still...

"A rematch would be fun some time." He added a little more quietly, eyeing Little Miss Hothead.

11. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Lea looked very concerned as everyone who has agreed to leave was already on high edge. He flashed a quick smile Koa's way to try and create some reassurance. "Hey, don't sweat it. Finlay may seem like the short-tempered type, but I'd trust him with my life."
    Finlay popped his head back in to see what the hold up was. "Oye! Are you gonna come or not!"
    "No, I'm staying here," Lea bluntly told him.
    Finlay blinked before giving an uncomfortable chuckle. "Good one. Now get moving yah kindlin' jokester!"
    Lea walked toward the massive viking to explain himself. "Your plan won't work if I come along. I have a keyblade."
    "No yah don't! Yah got those spikey wheels!"
    Lea laughed a bit. "They were my old weapons. I thought they would hide the fact I have a key, but it doesn't. I've been in the realm of darkness for a few weeks now and can't seem to get the jump on these guys. Trust me, you lot will be more successful if I stay behind."
    Finlay groaned. "This whole darn operation was yer path to chase, not mine! I don't even have any quarrel with this lot!"
    "Yeah, but you like hitting people, right?"
    Finlay paused a moment. "It's true, I do like hittin' folks."
    "Besides, I won't be alone. Melus and Luther are going to stay behind with me."
    "The raven haired lad with the skinny calves!"
    "Fin, it's fine really. Luther's still in recovery mode and I could use a breather myself. You all will be fine."
    Finlay grumbled under his breath.
    "Just remember what I told you Fin-"
    "Yeah, yeah, ah know! Yer like a darn bird that never stops squakin' about it! Now everyone move out!"
    Lea looked to the rest of the group. "Try not to overexert yourself. Know I never really said this before, but I'm proud o all of you for what you're doing. I'll see you when you get back."

A short journey later, the group arrived at a very rustic looking labratory. A brick covered building with shattered windows covered by blankets and sheets.
    The gate in the front was being guarded by Uniform, picking his teeth out of boredom. Next to him, was Lima, grimacing from disgust at the sight of his open mouth teeth cleaning.
    "You're disgusting,"
    "Since when are you so blunt?" He flicked away whatever was in his teeth, as Lima folded her arms while waiting. Lima seemed a bit more serious this time around. Her eyes seemed colder, and she wasn't usually her bubbly self.
    "Only two of em, eh? Right. So who wants the honor of startin' the bout first?"

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Little Miss HotHead, Kiara wanted to deny it, but well it wasn't worth it at that point. "You might have got the jump on me, but you know I thought I would shake things up and trust my team. Apparently that was too much to ask though." She said rolling her eyes. Kiara knew it wasn't Arctus' fault and she was as much to blame for it, but she wasn't one to just admit that outright. Arctus then suggested a rematch. Kiara smiled a little bit. "I would like that, but this time a fair match, no sneaking up and attacking from behind." She warned him as her attention turned back to Finlay.

Soon they headed out and came across those standing guard at the front. The sight of Uniform instantly got Kiara worked up a little, sparks coming to her finger tips, but she didn't bother taking the attack. Instead she turned to Arctus.
    "Little Miss HotHead won't act out this time, be by guest Arctus." Kiara made a dramatic bow to him waving him forward so that he had nothing to complain about her.

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

With the brick building now ahead of them, Vallus waited at the back of the group while looking at what was ahead. Disregarding how rundown and borderline stereotypical the building looked, there wasn't much that could be considered special about it. The two in front of the gate were the current issues that needed to be dealt with and as such, when Finlay asked who wanted to be the one start it off he looked towards him. "Why don't you do it, you're probably better at that."

14. Skyheart Joker

As the group had finally made their way out of their home base, Aeira had followed Finlay as he had directed them towards the base he had spotted out. The building itself was nothing impressive, in fact it was so unimpressive and normal that that made it all the more suspicious, being in the realm of darkness and all. While she was curious about this, her attention was forced towards the two others that were standing around there. She recognized the girl, though was able to figure that the man was bad news as well. As Finlay asked who wanted to go first, Kar-kiara then went on to pass it on to someone else. Vallus then gestured for someone else. Aeira sighed, seemingly annoyed by this, and wordlessly walked away from the group, heading towards the villain duo. Punching her fists together, her gauntlets appearing over them, Aeira shouted, "hey! I'm here to beat you up."

15. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Arctus smirked at Karina's reaction, finding her response more than a little amusing. "Soon then." Without anything else to say, eventually they arrived at their destination. Karina seemed to think that he wanted to go ahead and fight first but that wasn't his way. "Sorry, I think not." He paused and raised an eyebrow when Aeira stepped forward boldly making the enemy aware of her presence. "Besides, I think that girl has it covered. Why don't we just go around and flank them? ...Surely it won't fail a second time." He muttered somewhat bitterly.

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Looking at the path ahead of them, trying to sneak around might not be the best idea, given from what she could see there was simply a straight path leading to them. While Aeira took the first step out, Kiara prepared to follow close behind. "I will tell you what, why don't you try that and see how it goes for you, I will back her up. Two against one, I am not so fond of those odd, you have seen how he fights." Kiara eyed Uniform. "Just do me a favour and try not to get yourself killed. It would be incredibly dull around here if you died." She added on before stepping up beside Aeira and looking straight at Uniform. "So are you ready to finish this? Or should I assume you are going to go running back to my daddy to tattle on me." She taunted him.

While Kiara might still have had problems with her own father, seeing how this guy had used it against her earlier, she wouldn't let him do it again. She held the reins now, she knew what to expect from this guy and could prepare herself accordingly. Seeing a man from her past while running from her past had gotten to her the first time, but she couldn't let it get to her again. Letting her whip uncurl, the metal lengths thudding to the ground Kiara took a battle stance, they were going to end it here and now, but first they had to get passed the guards. Giving a nod towards Aeira, she made sure the other girl was ready. Kiara wasn't going to be brash this time, she wasn't going to run in blindly, no, she would wait for them to come to her. She could draw them out a bit before the rest of the group ambushed them.

17. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"A fine suggestion mah boy!" He gave Vallus a hard pat on the back before joining Kiara and "Aye! Make it three against one!" Finlay clashed his axes together and joined Aeira and Kiara on the battlefield. "Count me in with with Punchy McDirthand and the belligerent hotpot!"
    With those three prepared to brawl, this still left Koa, Vallus, and Arctus undecided.

"Real pest control problem we have here," Uniform gruntled. He eyed Kiara with disgust. "Nothing I hate more than an insubordinate brat. Fight me all you want, still won't get daddy's attention little girl." He continued to berate and mock her as he laughed. "You keep fighting and think you'll get his respect. It's sad really. You want so badly to prove yourself."
    "Oh shut up," Lima said. "If you're gonna kill em, kill em, but don't play mind games. Juliet did that and look where it got her."
    "Oh yeah." He looked back to them. "From what our little spies tell us you made an awful little mess taking down that girl. Couldn't even find out her secret on enslaving men I take it?" He took out his own large keyblade, the weight of the blade falling hard to the ground. "Or do we have to have an interrogation?"
    Finlay stepped forward, a good hundred meters still setting them apart. "Oye! The analytic talker with the silver beard! What's yer name?!"
    He looked back to Kiara. "Still need soldiers for your army? How many will it take before-"
    "HEY! FINLAY IS TALKIN'! Now whot's yer darn name!"
    Raising an eyebrow, Uniform lifted his blade. "Uniform. Not that you'll live loog enough to put it to good use."
    "That's not a name, that's a garment. But settle yerself. Now allow me to introduce myself. Mah name is FINLAY of house LOGANACH. I am the lord and Chief of the village of Drankar! Slayer of the Mythrilbeast! Commander-"
    Agitated by the pointless time wasted, he spoke out. "ENOUGH! No one cares about your worthless titles you waste of muscle."
    Finlay's heart stopped from the insolence of not acknowledging his hard earned titles.
    "Whot.... did you... just say?..."
    "That no one cares Pinky," He replied bluntly.
    Finlay's eyes widened as he gripped his axes. "Kill it," he whispered quietly.
    Uniform put a hand to his ear. "What was that? My hearing seems to be going in my old age..."
    "KILL IT!" Finlay through an axe as Uniform, causing him to deflect it with a keyblade after being shifted back an inch.
    "RRRRRRRAAAAGAGHAHAGARRGAGAGAHGAGAGH!!" Finlay yelled like a mad man as he charged in with his axes.
    "MAH NAME'S. NOT. PINKY! RRRRHAGAHRGAHRGAHRGA!"

Meanwhile, in Shibuya...

As this went on, A man with sunglasses and a black suit looked at two screens in front of him. One showing a group of keyblade wielders in Zootopia, and the other showing a group in the Pridelands. This man was Megumi Kitanji, an enigmatic man who played the role of game master for the mark of mastery exam. Megumi remained intrigued by their progress before looking down at his watch. "I suppose I'll be receiving that phonecall soon. Best make the appropriate preparations." He looked back to the screen before making any decisions. "But it seems they may be finished sooner than expected. How droll." I suppose I'll have to summon a messenger." He pulled out a small tablet and began to scroll through it. "And of course all my reapers are one assignments." He kept scrolling until he reached something that peaked his interest. "Oh hyello, what do we have here? A leftover from Mr. Minamimoto's reign. I'm sure I can put him to good use." He tapped the tablet, causing a small puff of dark smoke to appear before him, revealing a brown haired boy wearing a purple vest and a green scarf.

He looked down at his screen and back to the boy. "Glen is it? I'm sure this must all be very confusing to you, but it seems you are currently in a line of debt. According to this progress report, you had failed your mark of mastery exam and thus are required to relinquish your entrance fee. In this case, I decided to take your services as penance to your lackluster performance." He pressed another button as a large human sized pod appeared. "This pod contains very precious cargo that must be delivered somewhere in the realm of darkness. The co-ordinates have been added to the side of the pod for simple guidance."

"I understand this must be quite the moral dilemna for you, but allow me to simplify it. Deliver the pod or face erasure." Megumi let out a small grin. "The choice is yours of course."

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Uniform kept trying to taunt her, but Kiara put on a bit of a swagger as she stared him down. "Good thing I don't care about daddy's approval anymore. There is such a thing as doing this for myself." Kiara retorted simply knowing it wasn't much of a taunt, more of trying to prove she put the past behind, even if it was still a work in progress. She could at least pretend for the sake of getting through this day.

The conversation didn't go much further when Finlay stepped in and managed to get into more of a fight with Uniform. This wasn't going to end well, she just hoped that they were enough of a distraction for the other three to flank and catch them off guard. Of course Finlay was the first to run in and steal her fight, but Kiara supposed that she could share, as to not end up in the same mess as last time.

"You like to hear yourself talk don't you. Almost as much as Juliet did. Do you really think we were that dumb?" Kiara wondered if he really thought they didn't know about the necklace or if he just liked hearing his voice that much. Either way Finlay was already in fighting, so it was time for Kiara to join the fray as she approached at a walk, behind Finlay, waiting until he gave her an opening before lashing out with her whip at Uniform. However as much as she wanted to focus only on him, there was two enemies. If Aeira focused on the other enemy, she would jump between the two. Better yet, she could try and lock one in until they had time to deal with it. Barely turning to Lima, flames erupted form the ground surrounding him in full before she turned some of her flames back to her whip, channeling them through the metal, as she took another lash at Uniform with it.

19. Glen Returned from the dead

Stretching his arms, Glen looked at the man before him. He had to take things carefully, given the last time he opened his mouth he'd ended up, well, where he was at that point. "Doesn't seem like i've got much choice in the matter. Though I only failed because the game was rigged against me, if I say no then eeeeeverything I've done up to now will have been wasted, and that would really suck" the keyblade wielder stated.

He took a few steps to the side of the pod, eyeing it off before shooting a quick glance at the man that had summoned him. "Bit big though, isn't it? How am I meant to move it to that place?" he questioned, reading the address on the side. He was hardly a navigator in the realm of darkness, despite having been trapped in it for a fair while. Moving the pod was going to be enough of a pain, but he was also curious about the entry fee the guy had mentioned for the mark of mastery. He didn't feel like he was missing anything, and he hadn't really noticed anything gone, so whatever the cost was it was probably something trivial. Maybe a hair from his head or something like that, but given the rewards for completing it he doubted it. He shrugged, it wasn't like he could force answers out of the guy anyway. Better to do his job, prove his worth and then get back to everyone else. He'd officially failed the test, it would be just downright embarrassing if he couldn't even manage to do a simple delivery mission. How hard could it really be?

20. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Koa looked over at the laboratory and then saw two people over at the gates. He then began to ponder how they were going to go about this situation. Before he could think any further, Kiara, Aeira, and Finlay all walked over to the two and began to antagonize them. He face-palmed immediately as he sighed. "So much for having a plan." He watched on as the five conversed. However, Finlay had snapped and began to attack Uniform. Koa face-palmed once again. "Somebody needs to teach that man anger management." Koa immediately grabbed the metal in his pocket and had then formed it into a spear. He had then seen Kiara launch an attack as well. "Do they even know the word 'plan' in their own dictionary?!" He then looked to the other three near him. "What should we do? Go in after them and fight?" Koa looked over to the three as he asked for their opinion. Not sure of what to do in this situation.