Barack Obama's Inauguration

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Patsy Stone, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I am shocked that there hasn't been a thread about this =o

IT'S IN HALF AN HOUR PEOPLE D=

I for one am recording it =3 Who else is planning on watching it? I also want to hear from anyone who was actually there.

GOGOGOGOGOGO!

2. Finale Wannabe Nobody

...its on?
    i am soo slow -_-'

3. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

What the fecking hell. What is with this religious taint? SEPARATION OF STATE AND CHURCH MATES.

Learn to make government.

4. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I'm watching it right now, i'm only picking up bits but whoevers narrating on the BBC isn't doing it well. He just rambles, stutters and misses half of whats happening. I'm just waiting for Barack to become the president (which is apparently in a few minutes)

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

My parents are huge, HUGE republicans, so this is like the end of the world. Safe to say, we aren't gonna watch. But woohoo, new president, another four years. I mean, I just don't see the big deal....another guy gets elected. Maybe he is black, and I'm sorry if this is taken the wrong way, but its just another guy, who gets to make decisions for the country. It doesn't really matter to me.

6. scarred_heart634 Traverse Town Homebody

I'm not watching the Inauguration. I don't really see a point because, not to be prejudiced, but all these black people are making such a big deal about the whole first black president. But at least he smiles a lot thats always good.

7. Destined Working for WDW

I'm watching it in my Shakespeare class, without the sound of course. I will say that i"m happy that Bush is out however i'm not a pure republican or a pure democrat so i'm impartial to either McCain or Obama, but I have to admit that this is a momentous historic event that will lead to an interesting future.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I was supposed to watch it in class, i wanted to rub his presidency into the face of all those haters
    but we got snowed out.
    So i watched the last hour of it at home, starting from Biden's inaugaration to V.P.
    Obama was nervous obviously, but at least it made him seem more human and not "robotic" like the announcer said. He did ramble on a little bit on some religion but i found no fault in it since he wasn't pushing any beliefs.

But random fact:
    Joe Biden was President of the U.S.A. for 5 minutes!
    they were running about 5 minutes behind schedule and Biden became V.P. around Noon which was when Bush's presidency expired (right word?) and Obama wasn't inaugarated until 12:05 so we had no president which made Biden president for a few minutes.
    But wow that was a big moment in history

9. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I watched it in my Western Civ class and WOW! What the crap was that religious rant for?? Isn't there supposed to be separation of church and state? Anyway, I did like the song that was played (by James William, right?). But I didn't like the expression on Obama's face most of the time. He looked like he'd rather be anywhere but where he was. Also, he did stumble over his words a bit. But I guess that's just because he was really nervous. Heck, I'd be too if I was standing in front of the entire US about to give a speech and become leader of the nation. O.o

10. Misty gimme kiss

For all of you that are saying 'so what if he's black he's just another person blah blah' ... Well, remember when Bo Bice got far in American Idol, and all the other 'rockers' started to go out for it? It's like that. Please excuse my crappy example. D:

We watched his speech in Spanish today... I have to admit, he's a great speaker. I just can't understand half of what he says. xD Although I was conjugating verbs at the time...

But I'm eager to see what Obama will do as President. C:

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I agree, it matters that he's black because it opens the door for other blacks and dare i say other minorites (I'm gonna be the first latino president! ha yea right, i kno nothing of the law) but it doesnt matter in the way of how itll affect his presidency.

12. Jayn

I watched it...

Why is it bad that other "minorities" may run for president or something? ._.

Bah. Good job Obama xD

13. Aura Goddess

I wanted to watch it but I was asleep. XD

But I am watching the parade. I really think that Obama will change the US. He may not change a lot or maybe he will. But I do hope he does. 8D

14. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Uh..maybe its a big deal because all we've had are white presidents?My god, no offense but of course republicans wouldn't get it at all.If it was McCain I'm sure you'd be jumping for joy instead of saying 'big deal'.

15. water mage Kingdom Keeper

I watched some it such as him being sworn in and then I stood up at home and sang the national anthem when it was being performed by the navy choir. I'm glad I'm not there for there are to many people well over 2 million I would say and I would barely be able to move.

16. The Twin My, what a strange duet

The college was doing this huge thing where you could watch it in the Performing Arts Center.

I missed it because I was at field study.

Instead, me, my hosting teacher, other faculty and staff and 800 elementary students watched it in the cafetorium together. It was amazing, these kids aren't more than 9 years old (some were even in kindergarten), and they knew how big and historical this was. Seeing them cheer like that after he finished his Oath of Office was just awesome.

I felt bad when he stuttered, though. I laughed at first, because he was like "I, Barack Hussein....*huh durr...hmmm* I Barack Hussein Obama..." and then missed something else a bit later on, but you forget the guy's in front of millions of people, and countless others are watching him on TV at that very moment, and that's when the nerves probably set in.

17. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Change, dude. CHANGE. An end to the Republican crap that has plagued this nation for the past 8 years.

18. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

I watched it in English.I enjoyed it.Some of my friends cried over our african-american president.I almost did myself.And some laughed at it.I got pissed off and told them to shut up.

19. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that crap.

I'm starting to wonder if Obama was inaugurated today or if he just won a religious American Idol. I'll get back to you on that if I ever find an answer.

He's the first black president, but that doesn't mean he's going to set things straight.

20. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Um, yes it does. Liberals have the power now. And it seems to me that liberals are the only people who can run a government.

So yes, he will set things straight.