Kingdom Hearts Another Question About Riku

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Naqki, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naqki Traverse Town Homebody

Right, I haven't played this game in a long time, so bear with me.

But, how on earth is Riku able to wield the keyblade?

At no point in the story is the player made aware that Riku is a keyblade wielder, so how could he take it off Sora in Hollow Bastion? It makes no sense to me, somebody explain please.

2. Pasyn Traverse Town Homebody

Riku was supposed to be the keyblade master, not Sora. Then he "opened his heart to darkness" and he wasn't qualified so sora was chosen. Here's a vid of where sora finds out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ew-SACEi_k

Rikus states that Maleficent told him he was supposed to be the keyblade weilder so he tries to take the keyblade back.

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I think Riku was supposed to be the keyblade wielder first, he just gave in to the darkness, there by Soul Eater being born. At Hollow Bastion, Riku won the Keyblade for that one instant because Sora had forgotten/didn't understand why the Keyblade chose him, and Riku was either stronger of heart or of mind, or both. Sora later won it back, being stronger of heart, and Beast also comments, "So, your heart won this battle." Sora responds by nodding. He also says at some point, that his friends were his power. Riku just, in the end, understood more at that point, and that allowed his heart to become "stronger".

4. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Riku didn't lose the Keyblade because he 'gave into the Darkness'.
    You say that, you say he couldn't have taken it back from Sora - but alas, both in Traverse Town, and then in Hollow Bastion - when Riku was as far gone into Darkness as he could get without being possessed - he took the Keyblade from Sora.
    Also, the Keyblade doesn't care squat about Darkness, so it doesn't matter either way.

The reason why Sora had the Keyblade was that when the Darkness surrounds them, and we see the flash of light right before Riku disappears and Sora gets the Keyblade - the Light we see is the Light in Riku's Heart - which is where the Keyblade is.
    Sora literally reached in and took the Keyblade from Riku. Hence why he was able to wield it - while Riku still had ownership until Hollow Bastion where Sora became the true wielder.

5. Finale Wannabe Nobody

Problems with your theory
    Reason 1, Soul Eater wasn't born because
    Part 1, it isn't living
    Part 2, Maleficent gave it to him

Reason 2, Sora lost it because the Keyblade originally chose Riku, so when Riku wanted it, the Keyblade had to go to him, why did it go to him and how Sora got it back? Because Riku had a stronger heart at that precise time.

Reason 2, Keyblade isn't based on Mind or someone else like Cid or Merlin would of had it.

6. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Neither are the Keyblades as far as we know.

I'm still waiting for a better source to confirm it than the KH Wiki :\ I wish someone'd bother translating the KH1 Ultimania in full. They confirmed Mickey to have been the voice in Sora's Destati there. I'd kill to see what else it said.

Actually, Terra was the one who chose Riku for the KK. The KK just "went along with it" until it saw it shouldn't. Had it truly chosen Riku properly on its own, I doubt we'd have seen half the tug-o-war we did in KH1.

I don't know about that. I'm not denying Riku's Heart to be strong or anything but it seems that with him being the original wielder, it had less impact in that sense. Look at Traverse Town for instance. I don't think the difference in strengths should've meritted Riku's temporary control over the Keyblade. It's just that in Hollow Bastion he decided to actively call it back to him. Otherwise, if it only relied on strengths of Heart, I think we'd have seen a lot more tug-o-wars in the series than people like to think.

As far as we know it's based on Heart. Which still raises the question of why only Mickey, Riku and Sora have them :\ because arguably Leon and such should be able to wield it too, and don't even get me started on PoHs and their cheat sheets.
    Which brings us back to BBS issues and how it probably ate all the Keyblades up, save for Mickey who had one from before and knew about the IKK, and Sora and Riku who had direct ties to TAV.

7. The Mender Traverse Town Homebody

at destany iland he usis a keyblade (but it dose not show you) to open the dark door to exscape which tured him dark in the first place (i'm not 100 pre sent right i think but i think i am close)

8. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

He wouldn't have had to actually use it. Xehanort opened the Door to the Heart of Radiant Garden, but made no indication he was aware he was a Wielder, despite everything pointing to him being one.
    Riku had the KK by then and an arguable amount of wielding abilities. He could've opened the Door without actively summoning the Keyblade.

9. TwilightTownShadow Destiny Islands Resident

Yes, like everyone said, Riku was the original Keyblade master but it turned out his heart was too weak so Sora got dibs on it :/

10. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

:\ I didn't say that. Hell the games didn't really say that until Hollow Bastion and even then it's debatable why it transferred.

11. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah see the whole "lost the right to it" makes even less sense than saying his heart was weaker at the time. Since he took it back from Sora on two occasions later >_>;
    People LOVE ignoring that fact.

I think it has more than just strength of heart :\

Source or it never happened.

12. TwilightTownShadow Destiny Islands Resident

I was explaining it in basic terms and not getting into all that. Riku was the orginal keyblade master bottom line, he lost it to Sora because he had a weak heart. There in a basic explaination.

Exactly, simple and to the point

13. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Only him having a weak heart doesn't instantly equal falling to darkness, as Nomura confirmed the Keyblade didn't care about that. Light or Dark, good or evil, so long as your Heart is strong you'll get the Keyblade. So saying Riku lost it because of the Darkness is nonsense. It's not a basic explanation - it's false.

14. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    Yes but his heart was weak because of the darkness. He was told that darkness was the only way Kairi would wake up and his friends had left him making his heart weak

15. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

...I'll reference again that what you seemingly call weakening Darkness was what let him take the Keyblade away from Sora in Hollow Bastion, and toy with it in Traverse Town. If anything, his jealousy over Donald and Goofy was what steeled Riku's Heart, thus letting him take the Keyblade on both instances.

16. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

but that "steeled" made him weaker because like Sora light is his friends meaning Riku was lossing his

17. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

Riku doesn't operate by the same logic as Sora. Riku can manage on his own so long as he has a goal. Sora even with a goal would still need his friends by his sides.
    Riku was setting out to hurt Sora, so even on his lonesome, he'd be strong enough.

18. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

yes but one candle doesn't shine as bright as many in one place

19. Queen Bee Traverse Town Homebody

And what the hell does that have to do with anything? It's not that Sora used the strength of his own heart along with Donald and Goofy's.
    One light can shine more than a thousand torches if each of them is dim.
    Look at all the electricity mankind can generate and how much light we can produce. then look at how dark it is during night.
    Now look at the mid-day sun. You can't even look at it because it's so bright, even when it's so far away.

Sora had Donald and Goofy with him, supporting him and cheering him up, yet in Hollow Bastion Riku managed to take the Keyblade away, and only then did Donald and Goofy follow. Sora's strength later wasn't because zomfg he had friends, but because he got a grip and decided that even if it meant going up against Riku, he would fight. He found his resolve - through his friends, true, but they didn't always help him through the game, now did they?
    Riku's resolve was there for most of the game even through the Darkness. That's why he managed to take the Keyblade from Sora twice.

20. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Either it chose him, or someone else selected him to have it.
    In my opinion the later would make more sense.
    Basically when he called the weapon away from Sora at the start of Hollow Bastion. If Riku could pull the weapon then he must have a strong heart that the keyblade would accept.

The KH1 journal say this line....
    Note: The term master is used here to show ownership. It's not saying Riku is a keyblade master in the same sense of Master Xehanort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.