Anne Frank

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Shuhbooty, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Shuhbooty moon child

The Diary of Anne Frank. Has anyone ever read it? I thik it's really sad, what they did to her. I saw a play and read the Book. And meet some of her friends that were with her. From the Consterion camp. In PERSON!! I was kinda embassest..and really sad. Because when they told there story..they started to cry. T.T

2. JellyBeing ALL. THE. BUTTS.

I've read and studied the play version of it.

It was quite sad and very tradgic. :/

3. Mish smiley day!

We had to read it in school aaages ago. It was quite interesting to see what it was like for someone around my age during the holocaust.

Speaking of the play, though, I heard that on one showing, the acting of the person who played Anne Frank was so bad that someone from the audience shouted "SHE'S IN THE ATTIC!" when the nazis were inspecting the place she was hiding out in. xD; lol.

4. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

No, never heard of the book. :/

5. Shuhbooty moon child

I'm reading it right now. I't really sad. TT.TT

Really? That's mean! ><

6. Spike H E R O

Then why even bother posting here? Are you THAT desperate to get your post count up? I mean, c'mon, man.

Anyway, I had to read the book for English class a couple years ago. It really WAS sad. It was hell trying to write a personal response on that book the next day. It's really cool that they were able to recover the diary so that they could make copies and publish them so that we can read them today.

7. Haruho Destiny Islands Resident

I read that in 3rd grade.

8. Shuhbooty moon child

I know, dude really...come on.

It's really hard to reasond to something like this. but it's real easy to relate too. I mean, on her 15th brithday they took her way and then she was sent a constation camp. Then a few weeks before, the war ends. And they were coming to set the people free. but she died before they showed up. it's really sad. :(

9. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

How could you not have? Unless you have never studied World War II before -____- It is one of the most moving and I suppose famous pieces of literature to emerge from the war. More than 25 million copies have been sold worldwide and it has been translated into more than 50 languages =_= It is also considered to be one of the key texts of the twentieth century. And you say you haven't heard of it >_>

Anyway, yes it was very moving. It almost seems to be unreal, that it could never happen in real life. But it's a true story. It shows the harsh reality of the war from the viewpoint of a child in hiding. The threat of discovery everyday. Being trapped in an attic with her only outlet being her diary. Imagine how her father felt going back there after the war and finding his dead daughters diary. I'm sure he probably died inside if there was anything left to kill. War tends to do that to people =/

10. Shuhbooty moon child

it's the saddies book I've read. That was baied on a true story anyways. but I really enjoyed reading it. But the view point I read it from, was a Drama. So it wasen't much. But i did learn alot about it.

11. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I remember reading this, it still makes me a little sad now, her diary was her only real friend in a time when even tomorrow seemed uncertain.

War isn't easy on anyone and I for one found the account to be very moving and thought provoking. At the end of the day, what is the use in war? It is always the innocents that get hurt.

I too saw a version of the play, though I think the director was pro-nazi as he made Anne out to be the most evil vindictive little cow he could =/

I think it is a book everyone should read at least once, I think it can teach a lot.

@La Sofa: No way have you never heard of it :/

12. Xejicka Twilight Town Denizen

Awww. I remeber that book. I agree with everyone here that it is sad. It's so unfortunate for her. If you liked that book though, I recommend Night by Elie Weisel (sp?). It's also sad

13. Laurence_Fox Chaser

How can you never have read Anne Frank?

First time we read an excerpt from it I was in 5th grade and it touched something in me.

I read the rest of the book on my own when I was a freshman in High School and it remains one of my favorites since I'm somewhat of a WWII geek. The book wonderfully illustrates the fear of those times yet the family stayed strong together.

I think the tree in front of the house was recently cut down due to disease. They were going to try and transplant part of it but I haven't heard anything more.

14. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

It was so sad reading this book, because she was such a smart, sweet, thoughtful girl, from what I can tell. I think she would have been a good friend. She had her whole life ahead of her and for it to come to that abrupt end...ugh. That's so tragic. The classroom was so quiet (I read it last year for English class) once we got to the end and read about how her life ended. Poor family. Poor everyone who had to suffer in those concentration camps.

15. Valium Hollow Bastion Committee

I never read it but my friend did he said she was a little uptight Bish and i was like how rude are you you a$$hole you have no idea what it was like then so STFU

16. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Dude, so did I...except the 'a couple years ago' bit. (I got a A+ for my response *victory pose*)

...didn't anyone protest that he had presented Anne incorrectly?

17. ♥ M e w I c h i g o ♥ Twilight Town Denizen

I haven't read it, but I want to... But I have been to the Anne Frank house. I was so sad when I saw the video playing... T_T

18. raglflagl Merlin's Housekeeper

I currently am reading Anne Frank. It was cruel what the Germans did to the Jews, having tortured them, and set them aside, just because they were brainwashed by their dictator. It was really sad just to read all the things that happened to the Jews in and out of the Concentration Camp.

19. Falling Star Gummi Ship Junkie

I have not read the book, sadly but I leared about WWII in Soc St, I feel so sorry for those people that have been sent to concentration and death camps and I feel sorry for all of those people that died as well...

20. S m i l e s <3 Destiny Islands Resident

I've read that book. It was really sad. I just wish I knew her native language so I could read the book in its original text because sometimes things don't translate well. Anyway I also read a story from one of her friend's point of view. After reading it I came to the conclusion that if Anne had known that her father was in fact still alive, instead of thinking everyone in her family was dead, she might have had the strength to live just a little longer. I think the camp she was at was freed days after she died. So tragic.​