Anime Lovers!

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by KillerX, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerX Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey all you anime lovers... talk here cause i'm bored... :D

2. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

Japanese voices with English subtitles are better than the English dub. Ex. A: Light's laugh at the end of Death Note. Japanese voice: awesome. English voice: screwed it up. Ex. 2: Near's voice. See previous results.

3. Mirai King's Apprentice

Hear hear!

Also, sometimes personalities are diluted more in English. For example: Kisuke Urahara in BLEACH spoke in a ridiculously polite style, while the English didn't even hint at it.

English sucks.

4. Xidon Traverse Town Homebody

I think wannabe otakus should stop complaining about the dubs.

I also think that Naruto and the yaoi that comes with it is a crime against humanity.

5. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

I think it would have been a lot better if he didn't squeek towards the beginning of the laugh.

But overall yes... the English Dubs are terrible for the most part. Elfen Lied had a terrible dub.

The only dub I liked was Chobits.

6. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

Spoken like a true brother or sister of anime. That is why I want to get Rosseta Stone for my laptop so I can learn Japanese. So what if I am American and have to know English? I want to live in Japan and be able to understand what they are saying.

Actually I used to hate Englished subbed with Japanese voices but after I got to Bleach where it was subbed, I prefered it a whole lot. Now I am not saying that English voice actors are bad, they just need to stick to what their Japanese predacessor did. Ex.: I like the Englsh voice actor for Mr. Urahara. And as
    the quote above this says, there is no ridiculously poilte manner of talking on english. They even took out the -kuns, -chans, and the -sans for Pete's sake. If I ever make a manga that is good enough to become an anime, I am going to require the anime makers to follow the storyline and even in the English version, use the -kuns, -chans, and anything else I use.

7. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

ZOMG You stole Sara's Avy! xD

I disagree. That's not always true. A dub can be just as good as the Japanese subtitled version. In my opinion the Death Note dub and sub were equal. Not to mention that I found Light's Japanese laugh to be annoying and I thought his English one was awesome.

8. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

True. It all depends on your own personal experience with anime. Me, I personally like L's dubbed voice but that is because I have only heard his dubbed voice. I prefer the voice of Urahara's english voice but he could be like his Jap. counterpart in my opinion. I like Ichigo's Jap. voice better because I am use to it more. Now everytime I read Bleach manga, I hear the japanese voice saying the american words. Same goes with Naruto.

9. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

i wouldn't say English sucks if your typing in it but I do see your point but i blame the terrible voice actors who all sound like a bunch of door men (even the women) and the writers who had to change certain things to make it easier to understand for America/United Kingdom. Such as speaking method could be done differently but on the same context but the writers cannot see this.

i'd say more but i'd start a war XD

10. Jube Formerly Chuck's

GAOGAIGAR IS THE BEST ANIME EVER!
    LOCK THIS THREAD NOW!
    vvvv

11. Haseo Knight of Light

How many username changes do prems get?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.