An insult to every Texan. Bill Nye ets booed.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mirai, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirai King's Apprentice

Linkage.

Can people get any stupider? This is VERY sad. Not "boo-hoo," but George Bush sad.

2. Soku Hollow Bastion Committee

...........*shakes head*

3. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

I agree, that is sad, however I have to conclude that the people in that town are not stupid, but just took that completely the wrong way. It's sad to say, but on both sides of the science vs religion debate, people will take what the opposite side says to the extremes. The christians in that town who attended the science lectures, although most likely interested, were LOOKING for things to get riled up about. Bill Nye was trying to explain something very basic, but in their eyes it obviously stood for something more. I believe that, for a lack of better term, they WANTED to be pissed off. So the first thing they heard, they got pissed off about.

It's a weird subconcious thing that I suppose we all have.

4. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Wow.

Bill Nye > them.

How can they be so ignorant? Don't their kids get taught in schools that the moon is just a reflector? So sad.

5. Mirai King's Apprentice

Come to think of it, I don't I DID learn that in school. Texas schools = phail. Except Bridge City.

6. Soku Hollow Bastion Committee

This is the first time I actually put my hand up to my forehead....that's sad.

7. Repliku Chaser

Another fine example of where religious zealots do not want to hear anything that might just go against the bible. If I were there I would have asked them if they still believed the earth was flat too.

Bill Nye > Texan zealots

Texan zealots: working hard to make sure kids grow up stupid. Hee-haw.

8. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

This just makes me think more that religion should be taken off the air. FOR FU(KING GOOD.

I can't see how the hell that could offend anyone. Damn little bastards.

(I love your sig Mirai)

9. Mirai King's Apprentice

I know quite a few. We atheistic liberals are rare here in Texas. Yet, I can't help but feel proud to be a Texan. Don't mess with Texas!

Thank you. I found the pic on myspace.

10. guadoslayer Destiny Islands Resident

.....ignorant texans..... *shakes head*

11. Kiburedo Traverse Town Homebody

ok first off, it's "yee-haw," not hee-haw.

and secondly, i don't think one families ignorance to 2nd grade astronamy should ruin the image for all of Texas.

12. dandanrevolutionextreme Banned

aaaahhh, texans.......will they never learn????

13. Mirai King's Apprentice

I resent that remark.

14. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

I am sorry but :lol: Some people are just so sad! To be out-smarted by Bill Nye! *shakes head* Wow....

15. Hissora ahurhurhur.

That's not insulting! That's just pointing out that it doesn't produce light! Besides, the bible was written waaaaaaaaayyyy before we discovered this, it wouldn't say, "One light to govern the day, and another to reflect off the Day Light so it can govern the night." People didn't know (if there is god, because I know you ) that god intended for it to reflect off, thus using less energy. Besides, there are even now things to over power what is said in the bible, and remember, it wasn't written by god.

And the whole "Insult to Texans" deal? Nye didn't insult Texans! Beside, it was only a FEW people, oh my god. There are people EVERYWHERE who are strong in their beliefs, not just Texas. I have lived here ALL my life, and only 10% of the people I know are total idiots. The thing that's insulting is that everyone is stereotyping that since that one woman left like that is EVERY Texan believes the bible. Every Texan has a low IQ. Every Texan is not as intelligent as YOU. false, False. Oh and by the way, FALSE. People are so stupid nowadays that they think they are so friggen smart. It's just like racism.

When people say, "Oh, they're all so dumb." They are actually insulting themselves for stereotyping that.

You people make me sick.

EDIT: Btw, I learned that in third grade.

16. libregkd -

17. Frodis Gummi Ship Junkie

*shakes head* People are ignorant and stupid.

18. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

That's basically how I feel about said topic.

19. Mariam Guest

Hey, please watch what you say about Texans. : (

20. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

People who are to intwined with their own beliefs suck, they are unable to see past what they beiieve is right. People like htat need to be shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.