Am I the only one who didn't like the Manga?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by PuffinBoy415, May 20, 2007.

?

So does the manga suck?

1. DAH!!!

27 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. I think it's good.

116 vote(s)
    81.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PuffinBoy415 Twilight Town Denizen

Please poll. I'm sorry but the manga is a fun quick read, but if someone is going to pick it up and read it w/o any knowledge of the game they're going to be so off. It really does suck.

2. KL93 Twilight Town Denizen

Indeed, a newbie would take a look at the manga and think "...WTF???", but I find it funny.

3. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

Well which manga? The first one or the CoM one?

4. Crispers Beep Boop

i like the kh manga its funny to me i think =D

5. SlvrmanX Merlin's Housekeeper

the only one i've read is the KH one. I read a little of the CoM one but i can't say whether i like it or not.

anyways, i didn't like the KH manga. It was WAY too short and all the fights were less than four pages. Seriously, Guard Armor gets killed in ONE hit? Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless) doesn't even take ONE physical blow? And they skiped BOTH fights with Riku!!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK! :mad:

however, there were quite a few funny parts.

and i just remembered they skipped the battle with Dragon Maleficent. (C'mon! That would've been awesome!)

all right, those are my thoughts.

6. cbflanagan Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't really think it's good, but I don't think it sucks. If there was an "it's alright" reply, that would be the one for me. :)

7. Kiryu Setsuna F. Seiei

Eh, I thought KH CoM was a fun quick read. But I didn't like how there was hardly any real fight scene and opponets died in one hit *Looking at you Marluxia*. But there was quite a lot of funny parts that made me laugh. I just wish there was an inbetween vote choice.

8. Nanaki Broken in six places

I didn't like the KH1 Manga too much...but I have yet to read CoM and KH2. I hear that CoM is a riot....

9. AnimeSouljette06 Moogle Assistant

I liked the CoM manga but i agree there wasnt really any action *only small scenes with the Organization*..but it did have it's funny moments!!

10. Ultima Star Merlin's Housekeeper

More or less
    I laughed but the style made me think that it wasn't just like the game I've played so, I don't dislike it but can get used to it:)

11. Invader Jack Twilight Town Denizen

I like the CoM manga, but I don't like the first one so much. I don't hate it though. And for those of you who are complaining about enemies dying with one hit, remember something from Kingdom Hearts II (the game). During the scene in The World That Never Was, Roxas was defeated with one blow, and he's supposed to be one of the strongest opponents, isn't he? And all that heartless that Kairi and Ansem (Riku) fought together? They died in one blow too. And all the Nobodies that King Mickey fought did the same thing. I think that when you're actually fighting in the game, they want it to be more exciting, so they have you hit the enemy multiple times instead of running around for ten minutes trying to defend yourself and trying to get close enough to the enemy to hit it. I know that I would prefer to do it the "video game" way instead of the "realistic" way. A theory of mine is that if Kingdom Hearts were a movie, you might see the fights in the "realistic" way. Sora (or whoever was fighting at the moment) would be defending himself while trying to get close enough to the enemy so he could hit and defeat it. Therefore, Sora fights that way in the manga. Please don't bite my head off for saying this stuff, but I think that's the way it is. BTW, the thing with Ansem having no physical blows bugs me too.

12. PuffinBoy415 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm not totally hating on the manga or anything, the "Quit friggin' obstructing my buisness!" pannel is actually my current desktop but the manga seems to just leave things out. They cut off on keypoints and you skip right from Alice to Agraba which sux. I havn't read the CoM so I only mean the KH1 manga.
    And i'm sorry i didn't but a middle option on the poll, it was 4 in the morning and I was tired. ^^;;

13. Invader Jack Twilight Town Denizen

I got mine from Amazon.com. You can also find them on Ebay. I don't know any stores to look at though. Maybe you could try Barnes & Noble or Borders or something...:confused:

14. Stardust Chaser

Yeah, I bought mine at Borders. They're bestsellers, and therefore really easy to find. Same can be said for the CoM manga, if you're interested. I wouldn't go to Barnes and Noble, because it seems they only have the most current mangas. That might just be the store I have here, though.

As for me, I loved the manga...But I have to say, it would have been awesome if the fight scenes were more intense. Though, they're probably a real pain to draw.

15. Gwen Farewell.

I liked the manga, although it was a little fast-paced.
    But people who had no prior knowledge of the game could still read it, I got half my grade to read it and only one person didn't undertsand it.
    It completely bothered me that they screwed up a bunch of Xehanort's speeches though. YOU DON'T DO THAT TO A FANGIRL!!!!SHIFTONE!!!!ELEVENTY!!!

The CoM manga was 10 times better, though. I LOVED the CoM manga. many funny moments... I don't like how pathetic they made Vexen look though. He didn't even get his own fight. Axel just killed him right there >.>

But nevertheless, it was a decent read with great illustrations... and bad translations XD I liked it. Enough said.

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I quite liked the manga, thought it was quite funny. Altough it did finish rather quickly.

But CoM was a lot better than the first & i hoping Kh2 will be better than CoM.

17. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

I like them, but someone who dosent know anything about Kingdom Hearts and reads it will have the wrong idea, unfortunatly.

18. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

I agree. If they are reading it to, say, get an idea what the game is like to see if they would like it, chances are they will come away like o_0, and try to forget about the whole thing XD

19. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Well they can't include everything, just things they felt were vital for the story to move forward. As for short battles, well manga isn't suppose to be there to picture the whole thing for you, there is a big element of using your imagination.

20. [s y n n e ] Twilight Town Denizen

I like the japanese version LOL - I have teh japanese ones - er...the amnga is cool and cute LOL - but I never read the english one - so I hear it gives a lot of...like if you hadn't played the game, you won't get the idea...

but I guess its understandable, I mean, the author could only draw so much O___O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.