Traditional Art A drawing I made of Sora

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by beezygee, Jan 11, 2008.

1. beezygee Gummi Ship Junkie

It's not finished yet. I know it's a litlle dark because I took it with my camera instead of using my scanner. My scanner is kinda broken right so yeah...

[​IMG]

2. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

You have the top of his hair well, but Sora's hair can be tricky to draw, so it would help to find a picture of him in the KH manga and follow the way Shiro Amano draws it. The eyes and his nose should be bigger. His neck is way too narrow, make it wider so it looks proportionate. From what I see the clothes are looking okay so far, just make the crown on his necklace larger so it stands out against the rest of the chain. Otherwise you're doing fine so far, keep it up =]

3. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

Good job. It reminds me of Roxas more though.

4. Cocohints "Up to now, the most discussed topic is global war

Guys, try to add more to your posts than just that... :x Like what is it about the drawing makes you think about Roxas? Just... tell us what it is you like about the drawing and why, that's more than enough to make a good comment here. *will keep an eye on future posts in the section*

I hope you'll be able to fix your scanner - if you happen to have an image editing program such as PhotoShop or Gimp or similliar, you could just clone away the dark edges caused by the camera.

I'll definatly agree with .Kairi. about the reference part - the manga will help enormously with the way the hair works, screenshots from the games tend to be very stiff (3D...) and not so easy with the help. When you draw the hair you need to be daring, so loosen up your grip and pressure when you draw it.

The upper body looks rather well! I'd concentrate more about shaping the face so that it's less.... pointy. Work on the cheeks, make them have a round like shape so that parts of the head won't stand out too much. But keep the chin like it is, they're supposed to be kinda pointy like that. :>

For the face I would recommend that you use guide lines to keep things in place. The head can be split with two lines: one that goes straight down through the very middle, the other does the same but horizontal. (it's like looking at a plus -> + ) Use these two lines to figure out where to place the features. Like the eyes will follow the very line, with one or two "eye sizes" inbetween them. If you like I could link you to a tutorial for further explanations, or you could do a search yourself on a site like DeviantArt.

5. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

1.The face is kinda cheesy.
    2.PERFACTION ON THE CLOTES!Whoot!
    3.Don't get down.Take some art lessons,practice every single day,ask people what they think and the most important............try try try!
    4.I just noticed this!Widen the neck just a little...

Note from Hissora:
    Merged 4. into this post. Please don't make new posts, just edit them.

6. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Overall, I think it's a gd try.

I think u did a fine job with Sora's hair, clothes, and his "bling bling". The mouth looks a bit misplaced and too square. Try to converge the edges more towards a certain point.

Overall, it's a gd start. I look forward to seeing more from u. :)

7. Dredica SNES was the best.

I think I've seen this exact picture before '>_> Well anyway.

You should make his mouth look better. He dosn't smile like that (I don't think so anyway...) You don't need to add in those cheap Ash blushes either. And listen, just cause mommy tells you it looks good dosn't mean it is. Take advice from us, cause we don't even know you.

Whoever de-repped me, I hope you know I did what I had to do to make you try to draw better.

8. Shuhbooty moon child

Awww, I think it look really cute! I love, love the hair. And such detail on the cloths. Bit the only thing that gets me is the eyes and the mouth. Like the mouth should be a little wider, a bit wider and a tad smaller. And the eyes need more work. I know, eyes are hard, but you should try new types of eyes. But these ones, don't really good with this drawing. Awesome work though, love it! ;3

9. Hissora ahurhurhur.

Wow, I really like it, good job.

The only things I have problems with are the left eye and the nose.

The nose shouldn't have that three dimensional outward point because Sora in this picture is facing forward. When your pictures and facing forward, all you have to do is just be more of line with a bit of shading. Almost like panel one of this.

Your winking eye needs a bit more of depth. Most pictures that use the regular curve are chibis. You could try and shade the outline of the eyelid.

10. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

And Sora isn't??
    I find this rather funny.

Honestly, I like the hair. Because let's face it, those spikes are harder to draw than they look xD;; I think he has a cute face, and it seems rather Sora-ish to me, but @ the same time I could see your style got into it. I like that. Part of art isn't ALWAYS recreating exactly what you see. It's the little variences+changes that make it your own, as opposed to just copying a picture ._. So basically, you did a good job with that, keep it up. The clothes are off to a great start. I think you should finish this one :) It's just so cute, I think it'd be worth your while to complete it! If nothing else, it'll give you practice. And I know it'll turn out well!

11. amythest Traverse Town Homebody

look at the shape of the head again, the jaw is off, if you draw a line from 1 point of the jaw just strait across it should connect to the other. Love the clothes! :D they look like... (there is no other word to describe it) perfect! to really make the clothes stand out more i think you should outline it, since the face is really dark and the rest of the picture is lighter! over all it is a really good picture of sora!