100%

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Cin, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

-------------
    100%
    By Cin
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 1​

“…The human mind is a very powerful thing. It can store a lifetime of memories, it can find the answer to any problem in a split second, it controls every part of your body, all at once. Including your heart, you lungs, your stomach, and everything else. It’s constantly doing something. In fact, even the dumbest person has a mind working ‘a mile a minute’, or so they say. Our brains are marvelous things capable of extraordinary feats, and for every complex and amazing thing that we KNOW it does, there are ten things that we don’t. You see, we humans do have amazing potential, but throughout our entire lifetime we hardly use more then 10% of it. If we were to ever go beyond 10%, who knows what we could accomplish. The fact of the blah is that blah and blah blah is blah blah blah blah…”

David drowned out the annoying and boring professor, who was famous for his long speeches about…well…basically crap. “Yeah, that was a good word to describe it... David thought. “…crap”.

He paid close attention to his desk rather then the professor, simply because after 3 years of college, and 3 years of having to deal with him, David thought that he was quite an *******.

Being 21, David believed he was invincible, he thought that college was just another annoying thing in life that everyone had to go through, then after that life was one big party. Unless of course you’re Professor Talks-a-lot up front, in which case life must be one big kick in the face.

David didn’t care about college; he didn’t care about anything really, other then having fun with his friends. He wasn’t even sure why he had made his major psychology; he even liked art more, which is really saying something. An example of this was the countless doodles he had dit-dotted all over the paper he was originally supposed to take notes on. Not that he was ever going to, he’d fail the test anyway. The one he was working on at the moment was an especially well-drawn piece in his opinion, which showed the Psychology building engulfed in flames. The teacher lay on the ground, burnt to death, and people ran out of the building in all directions. Some fat guy tumbled out of the building as 2 fire trucks pulled up. In between them, he had drawn himself looking at the building with his “notes” in his hand. Overall it was a rather creepy little drawing, but he enjoyed the thought all the same.

As he finally added the last bit of color to his flames, he looked back up at the board to check on the professor, and see if he was still chatting it up with the chalkboard.

“…Using 100% of our minds, we can easily speculate, would make us more like gods rather then humans. With the unexplored areas of our minds, there is an endless amount of possibilities. Perhaps we could fly, perhaps we could see the future, perhaps we could use our muscles to their fullest extent, and gain super-human strength. Perhaps we could simply think about something, and ‘POP!’, it would happen! Either way you blah at it, the blah and the blah leads us to believe that blah blah blah…”

David looked back to his little doodles, to start something new. The professor obviously wasn’t going to be finished anytime soon. Almost the second his pencil hit the paper, he heard the professor call out his name in that annoying “I’m better then you so what the hell are you doing not listening to me?” way.

“Mr. Frey? Are you paying attention?”. David looked up to the Professor before responding, a bratty attitude in his voice.

“No, no I’m not Professor.”, the professor frowned and responded with another question.

“Well, are we going to fix that, Mr. Frey?”, David grimaced and stood up. He gathered his things and started shooting daggers at the professor with his hatful stare.

“Yeah…”, David stormed out of the classroom, he felt the eyes of all his classmates, and the professor on his back. David opened up the double doors, and let them slam behind him. “…Fixed”, he said under his breath.
    He stared down the hallway, glaring at everyone and everything. He hated this building, it frustrated him so much that he had to come to this place when he had no need nor want to. People looked at him with wondering eyes, they all knew him as the impulsive kid who hated school and would punch out anyone who disagreed.

They cleared a path for David as he swept past, teachers and students alike avoiding him. He stamped down the hallway at an amazing speed, heading straight for the double doors that lead out onto the grassy lawn of the Psychology building. If he could make it out, he was free for…well…at least a few hours. Eventually someone would come to his dorm to punish him or something, maybe even expel him, hopefully.

He was almost there now; a few more steps and he’d be outside. Just as he was about to put his hands on the right door, a black, dainty hand reached out and grabbed his wrist. It was the school counselor, Ms. Claio. She was a young black women, skinny and tall, a frizzy almost afro-like bunch of hair on her head. She looked like she was fresh out of college herself. She spoke with a questioning, yet caring voice.

“Honey, are you okay? Your eyes are-“, David brushed off her hand and walked out the doors. An intense, yet beautiful sun greeted him. The wind blew a bit and he smiled. David walked out onto the grassy lawn; he was walking with a gleeful stride now. Not one person was outside other then him. And he enjoyed the peace and quiet. No annoying professors, no stupid lectures, and most importantly, he was free for the afternoon. There was a party at this really hot techno club at 8:00, and having his ID and A-game on was all he had to worry about.
    There was a faint, yet still annoying buzzing behind him. It was sharp and obnoxious, like a fire alarm or something. But he disregarded it as a bee or a fly. It was summer after all, and insects like that would be rather common.

The further he got down the lawn, the fainter the buzzing got, but now he heard another noise. Like…sirens or something. He looked around, and sure enough two fire trucks pulled up on both sides of him, sirens blasting. 20 or so men came out of them both and got to work, untangling hoses and hooking them up to fire hydrants. 10 of them ran off towards the Psychology building, where David had just come from.

He looked around to see what was going on, was there a fire? As he turned around, he was stunned at the sight. The Psychology building was engulfed in flames! People were running out in all directions, Ms. Claio was crying as she ran, arms flailing wildly. David noticed a rather obese student run by, knocking others out of the way. It was a truly frightening sight. There was a huge cloud of smoke rising into he sky, blocking out the sun.

“That buzzing I heard before really WAS a fire alarm!”, David managed to get out, thinking aloud. He couldn’t help but stand and stare, wide-eyed at the sight.

Someone on fire ran out of the building, he recognized it as his psychology professor. The man was screaming his head off, his charred skin hanging around him like burnt pudding. There was a terrible smell in the air, a smell only those who have been around burning flesh would recognize. A few firemen ran up to him, spraying him down with a not-so-strong hose. As they dowsed the last flame from his body, anyone with half a brain could tell he was dead. He lay on stomach, only a charred and smoking pile of bone and flesh. One of the firemen called an ambulance, while the others ran into the building to help others.

David just stood there, completely stunned. People ran past him, smoke clouded his vision, flames rose into the sky, and all he could do was stare. Suddenly he remembered…the drawing. He held the “notes” of his up to his face, and he couldn’t help but notice they matched the scene perfectly. He fell back on his butt, even more stunned. He chucked the notebook, backing away from it like it was some sort of demon, before getting up, turning around, and running as far and as fast as he could go.

(Note, all spaces means a new paragragh, since vbulliten refuses to allow the tab button, I can't indent)

copywrited by Sinner Art studios

2. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Wow, that was brilliant. You write very well, and I was engrossed in the story.

3. Mari Hollow Bastion Committee

I like the story. I can actually visualize the situation perfectly since I do what he does everyday... except with the doodles actually coming true. O_O

4. Inasuma "pumpkin"

VERY GOOD! I love it!

The images I had in my mind were very nice from this story. ^_^

(Btw, I'll proof read your next chapter...>.> This one is....yeah... XD)

5. Mish smiley day!

Oooh, I can practically hear the Twilight Zone theme.

I think he fell asleep in class and the whole story was just a playful fantasy. ^_^

...or not.

EDIT: I want to proof read his stuff, Darky. x3

6. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Thank you all so much guys!^^

Yeah...I suck at proofreading, went over it 2 times...>.<

Glad everyone enjoyed it so much, be sure to stay tuned for chapter 2...;)

7. Darkandroid Gets it Together

That was great Cin, can't wait for the next chapter, you are a good writer.

8. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Thank you very much DA! =D

It feels great to get all this positive critisism...^^

9. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

brilliant, just brilliant......i think i may like this more than khvr (no offense roxas =D)

and ironicly i was reading about this subject just before reading your story o.O