WWD {2.0}

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Sebax, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You are Here!⤵
    [​IMG]
    You are Here!⤴

[​IMG][​IMG]

"Get here, get here, get here, get here, please get here. Please get here promptly, PLEASE get here," Mitch Aisling muttered to himself as he paced the pier leading out to Bay Lake. Not the original Bay Lake, of course, but called such just the same. He'd put out the ad looking for adventurers, but he was having his doubts; he started to think he'd spent too much time on Campus. Who went on adventures anymore?

"I'm an idiot," his spirits sank lower and lower, right until he spotted the small boat. A model meant for moving people from the Wharf, there would be only one reason for it to be out this way. "Yes! Ha! Adventurers still exist! Good. Let's see who we have to work with here."

As he waited, his nerves were tested once again as he heard the familiar roar of a passing monorail through the Contemporary Resort behind him. Tensing up, Mitch looked back, over the pool and up the building, to make sure his ride hadn't left without him. Oh. Good. Those were the Lime cars zooming off to elsewhere.

He wasn't sure how much more stress he could take. The whole fate of what had been achieved so far with the Wonderful World of Disney Campus rested square on whoever got off the boat. As it pulled in, ready to dock, Mitch folded his hands behind his back, but not before dusting off his suit. First impressions were important, after all.

[​IMG]

Reference Video
    • We will progress when two players post.
    • Go from the boat to the dock. You see a large hotel in the foreground, behind that is just the barest glimpse of Magic Kingdom. You were on a large cruise ship before moving to the smaller boat. The cruise ship carried you across the sea, while the smaller vessel took you across the lake.

Mitch is there to meet you, specifically.
    • [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  2. cstar stay away from my waifu

Questing was nothing new to Ula Finnin. But Disney parks was definitely a new one. While she was familiar with Disney, I mean who wouldn't be? She had never been to a Disney park. This was probably because she was broke and she figured this was a good opportunity to mix her adventuring with a chance to go to a Disney park. Ula sat in the boat not talking to anyone else that may or may not have been in there. She was looking out at the view to assess what she would be working with. Sure, she could have looked up pictures but that didn't mean there weren't any big changes that caused a lack of safety for the employees.

Oh wait, they call them "cast members", trying to make everyone sound important from the Janitor to the Executive. Riiight.

Ula continuously adjusted her hair and her hat. This time she wore more of a beanie than her usual fedoras or scally caps. It went better with her black and gray flannel. She didn't want to have the chimney sweep on broadway look if she wore the scally cap.

When the boat docked, Ula got up and walked out. She had her hands in her pocket as she looked around, particularly over at the tall Contemporary Resort. That was definitely something different. She was kind of in the mood for a pretzel. But now was not the time to worry about food, she figured she'd get that later. Not waiting for others to get off she looked and saw the man with his hands behind his back clearly waiting for them. Ula walked on over and asked,
    "Are you Mr. Aisling?" she was trying to be formal since they seemed to be standing so formal and she held her hand out to shake his hand and said, "Either way, name is Ula Finnin. It's nice to meet you."

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Ho boy. Today was the day a grand adventure would begin for Saino Animeta. A great joy was already building up inside the young man,and to just be able to walk around the Disney themed parks was something that he would not ever pass up; hence why he was even on this boat to begin with. The boat had a few people, none of which he knew. Naturally what came to mind was to merely not speak with anyone until introductions were had when they got off the boat. That's what he assumed would happen anyway. Long dog ears akin to the well known disney character, Goofy, rest over his ears while white gloved hands dangled over the boats side while he looked on. The monorail roared off some distance, no doubt a means to transport the tourists back and forth between parks and resort. Why they didn't take the monorail he probably wouldn't know; nor did he care. Getting on that park was all that mattered at this point.

When the boat docked, Saino's eyes sparkled with the excitement of a child taking his first steps onto the Disney park. Feet landed on the dock, and eyes quickly locked on to the man that was waiting for them. Watching as one of the passengers queried the man, he stood just behind the person introducing themself as Ula Finnin.

"
    I'm Saino Animeta, sir!" an excited Saino spoke, only inches behind Ula.

A tad bit too close to someone's personal space, but then again we're talking about a 23 year old man wearing star wars, avengers, and disney-esque attire.

4. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "A pleasure to meet you both, Ula and- Oh! Saino, you remind me of someone," Mitch greeted them both with a smile, but stopped to look Saino over. "You know, if you really dislike Disney so very much, Saino, you can always go home." He snickered as he joked. "Anyway, back to serious matters, the answer to your question, Ula, is yes. I'm Mitchell Aisling. I'm the Head Imagineer and Campus Manager. I oversee everything that happens throughout the parks. As such, that's why I was the one to summon you all. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Disney, and thank you for arriving when we needed you. If the young man and the young woman aboard would please join us, we'll be all set to go to the Monorail station inside of the Resort. It's still rather early in the day, so you will be briefed on what we require from you and be allowed access into the Magic Kingdom to begin scoping things out. Right this way, please."

Mitch led the group of four adventurers out across the dock and passed the pool to the rear entrance to the Main Lobby. Once inside, the interior of the Contemporary Resort was breath-taking. It was empty on the first floor, save for the new entrants, but its opulence was an immediate, warm welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The group managed their way to the fourth floor for access to the Monorail station, and went up the escalator that took them to the landing. There were metal dividers in place to keep the place orderly, but it was just as barren as the rest of the place. No one around except the five of them. Mitch walked through the line in order to get close to the tracks, and kept his distance as he checked his phone; which reminded him of something.

"You'll get the rest of the information once my associate arrives, --- That is, if she arrives before the Monorail arrives --- but be advised: You will not be able to use cell phones or most other electronic devices inside of the parks. You will be given new devices to communicate with and organize your tasks, but cell phones won't even turn on. It's a factor we have in place to manage security at the present time. If you need to check anything, now's the time before we board. The tram will be along any moment now."

"Fancy place you got here," spoke a voice from the small group, catching Mitch's attention. "I'm Bram." He was tall and dressed in dark clothing that was somewhere between Modern and Victorian, and his general air had a regal spookiness about him.

"Ah, well, a pleasure to meet you as well, Bram. And, yes, we spared no expense."

"Don't quote John Hammond! Gah! Don't do it! Since you're the head guy here, it'll make dinosaurs appear!" arose a new, female voice. Its owner was unseen, but Mitch knew exactly who it belonged to. "Hold on. Sorry, I'll be right up."

"Following behind us, everyone, is Natalie O'Ness. She is the Manager over at EPCOT and our leading scientific mind."

"Okay, first you quote Jurassic Park, then you bring up my first name. Don't you have any shame, Mitch?"

"Tali O'Ness," Mitch sighed. "Also, without question, our leading childish dork."

Where Bram was a touch of Goth and Mitch was a proper Businessman, Tali was a mix of Lab Technician
    and Punk. Once she came into view, the first thing to catch the eye was either her stark white lab coat or her short, jetblack hair with two streaks of orange towards the front of her feathery 'do. Where Mitch towered above just about anyone at six feet and five inches, Tali was a mere four feet and eleven inches standing straight.

"As if you aren't a great big man-baby yourself, Mitch," Tali tossed back playfully. She caught up with the group and gave Aisling a mock punch in the arm with a giant white Mickey glove, to which he just rolled his eyes and smiled. When she spotted Saino sporting the same oversized gloves, she devolved into a giggle fit and wrapped her arms around him.

"Ohmygosh, you're adorable. That's it. If you want, you can be my new best friend."

"Tali?"

"Mitch, I know what you're going to say." She stood on the tips of her toes and spoke in a low, dignified tone, "But, Tali, I thought I was your best friend."

"Tali..."

"You're the old best friend, and this dude's my new one. Woa, that actually sounds just a little creepy. I mean, jeez, your little ensemble is tre adorable. Geek Chic, if you will. But I probably shouldn't joke around so cavalierly around park guests. So sorry."

"Tali! The Monorail is here. And I'd prefer that we board immediately. If you don't mind."

"Oh. So I'm not your best friend?" She was crashing and on the verge of tears.

"Oh for crying out loud- If you're going to do this now, I'm just going to have to show them how all the tech works."

"You mean... you don't like me?" Tali fell to her knees and bowed her head as she started to sob.

"Not yes. Yeah. You're just... a delay fish."

"That's not the whole of the quote, but I do like you working with Finding Nemo more than your ominous Jurassic Park one," Tali sniffed, before hopping to her feet and wiping away the crocodile tears. "But, wow, you really cracked a joke back there. You? Explain my tech?! Ha! No offense or anything, but come on, Mitch. We're talking about my tech here."

Tali walked right through one of the open doors of the waiting Monorail, all whilst dusting off her white lab coat.

"Right this way, please, and we'll get you briefed," Mitch directed. "And, also, do know that I have all the respect in the world for Doctor O'Ness, and it's suggested the previous interaction not be judged too harshly on her abilities."

Bram followed in, his eyebrow still raised at Tali's antics.

[​IMG]
    • We will continue when all players have boarded the Purple Monorail.
    • The Monorail has pulled into the building through a hole in the glass walls located at opposite sides of the building. You can see Magic Kingdom through the glass, along with the Monorail trail leading there.
    • [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Kara bobbed her head in time to the music, just enough that it wouldn't be noticeable, but she could still feel like she was rockin' it. She hadn't spoken to anyone, or really noticed them, up until now. She could have, but she just didn't feel like it. Most of her interaction had been watching the gentleman, apparently the one who had been expecting them, and thus, the one who hired them, speak by reading his lips. Which she wasn't very good at, but this was a really good song. And if she was going to have to go the entire "adventure", without her music, then she really needed to finish this song.

Which was ending in three....two...one. As the last drumbeat rattled her ears, she yanked the earbuds out with a heavy sigh and wrapped the cord around the phone. At least no one was trying to, or would try to get a-hold of her. There were perks to living alone, being alone, and staying alone, and this was one of them. No one to worry about except herself.

As she stepped onto the monorail, she blinked at the antics of the three adults in front of her. Well, it was really Tali and Mitch. Bram seemed to be an observer, like herself. Maybe they would get along. She glanced at him, then away as she went to find a seat and wait for the others. Just because he wasn't excitable didn't mean she wanted to talk to him. Right now anyway. Maybe later. After they got wherever they needed to go.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  6. cstar stay away from my waifu

Ula was fine without her cellphone. She only used it for emergency purposes since she didn't really like cellphone culture. She preferred things more organic and lively, intimate and person to person. This was probably why she was very kinesthetic and wanted to be an adventurer. Though she was wondering if she was the only seasoned adventurer here. She didn't like to judge books by their covers but one looked very shut in and she didn't get the impression they got out much, the other looked like they walked out of a Hot Topic and decided to become an adventurer at the sound of free park trip, and the other one scared her a little. But she didn't like to make assumptions like that so she erased that and waited for their actions to make impressions instead.

When they were introduced to Tali, she started to wonder if everyone here was of Scottish or Irish decent with their last names and all. Then they were told to board the train. Ula did so without any problems and looked through the window on the other side to see the Magic Kingdom, and her eyes must have lit up like a child's as she ran over to a spot where she could see it more clearly and all she did was stare at it. If anyone began explaining things she would listen while being unable to take her eyes off of something that she never imagined she'd get to see in person until she was older and richer.

7. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

A chuckle escaped Saino as Mitch jested. The sarcasm was well accepted as it was obvious Mitch didn't mean anything by it. This was a good sign for Saino as despite how easy going he could be, sometimes he couldn't help but feel a bit self conscious of the way he acted/dressed. Feeling pretty good about the moment, he continued to follow the group towards the resort. Upon entering he was caught in awe by the amount of space that was the lobby. Taking out his cell phone, he began to take pictures; even going as far as to throw himself into a selfie or two while they ventured through to the fourth floor. Upon reaching the monorail station, the bad news was delivered by Mitch which wasn't well received, but the young man didn't show it.

"Aw man.." he sighed.

Looking at his cell phone, he pouted at the thought of him not being able to take pictures of the theme park and anything eventful that may happen. Attention was drawn away from the device when Mitch introduced Tali to them. Not wanting to look rude, he put the phone back into pocket, and just in the nick of time too..

It was rather unexpected when Tali checked him out, and basically invaded his personal space; although he didn't mind it much as he assumed it was a kind gesture. He knew she was merely pointing out their similar taste in fashion. Besides, a small girl like her looked pretty adorable herself. Saino merely did his best not to seem tense, and just gave her a kind smile; albeit a little forced.

"I guess great minds think alike, huh? Haha!" he said, once more letting that kind smile do its kawaiiness.

After much talk between Mitch and Tali about being best friends and whatnot, the monorail arrived for them to set foot into and ride away into the adventure that awaited them.

Saino looked on to the person that introduced themself as Ula. She had run up to the window of the train where he followed her line of sight. Like diamonds that gleamed in cartoon animations, eyes looked on to the scene beyond the window; he did not notice the other passenger bobbing their head to music.

"If only I could use my phone inside the park..." he uttered in bitter joy.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  8. Cowgirl-Wild Moogle Assistant

At the very back of the group was a rather tall young woman, named Olexia, but went by her nickname Lex.
    She looked much like a bobble head, repeatedly looking up at the group mainly Mitch the person giving instructions, and back at her phone messaging both her parents.

Olexia's father was excited for Lex telling her to enjoy herself, while her mother on the other hand mother was panicking with "What if's" and "You know you're prone to accidents" routine. The usual lectures she got whenever she tried anything new.
    When Mitch said to board the tram Lex stuffed her phone into the left pocket of her faded blue jeans, she neatly tucked her honey blond hair behind her ears and proceeded to board the tram along with everyone else.
    Only giving the other adventurers nods of recognition when she passed them, before taking a seat on the left side of the isle, and scooted all the way over to the window so she could peer out.

Ever since she'd boarded the boat she had mostly kept to herself, she didn't normally didn't interact with people, and it was definitely showing...well it was to her at least...she noticed how when she would try to make conversation...she mainly talked about geology, the ocean, or myth.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  9. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Please stand clear of the doors," Tali gave her best impression of the Monorail spiel, and then finished it off with the translation with properly-accented enthusiasm. "Por favor, manténganse alejado de las puertas."

The doors whooshed shut and clicked, encapsulating the party into a narrow walkway with seats running along from end to end; at each end was a transparent door that led to similar cars. This being the Purple Monorail, the seats were a rich, royal purple, plush, and cushioned, while the carpet strip down the walkway was a deeper Indigo. Several, oblong windows lined the sides of the car and allowed the passengers a clear view of the hotel they were to depart from in moments.

"Everyone please be seated. I would like to advise you that some minor issues with the Monorail are being sorted out. The departure will be a bit sudden, so I ask that you please secure a grip to nearby handrails as your are seated," Mitch explained.

Bram, Mitch, and Tali sat together in a row, where Tali fiddled with a remote she pulled from her labcoat pocket. As she removed her gloves, a deep, commanding voice was heard overhead.

"This is your captain, Mosi First, speaking. We'll be departing shortly. Please ensure you are secure in a seat before departure. We are experiencing some minor difficulties, so be prepared for a sharp start."

"Are you going to be Mister Bigshot and say 'told you so'?" Tali nudged Mitch in the ribcage and stuck her tongue out at him.

"I thought I'd skip it this time," Mitch smiled and stuck his tongue out for a brief second. "You now have the floor, Doctor O'Ness. Everyone, Tali will now be explaining tools you will be using to best aid you in your duties here."

Tali was bubbling over with excitement as he spoke, clutching her remote with both hands. The Monorail shot out of the building with an abrupt start, crashing Bram into Tali and Tali into Mitch, but even being squished didn't phase her. As soon as the speed leveled out, Tali squeezed out from her spot and cleared her throat.

"So. I don't know which one to show off first. We have Paintbrushes, MagicBands, and Pin Lanyards to cover. Plus, there's an extra surprise I just can't wait until we get to. Always be favorite part of working here. Anyway! Don't mind the long trip; we'll be circling around until we're all ready to go."

Using her remote, Tali clicked open a port below the seat she'd been occupying. In that space were three, identical gray suitcases. Once opened and put on display, she held each one as she explained their purposes.

"First, we have the Paintbrush. Coming in a variety of colors, the Paintbrush is the epitome of WWD; the marriage of Science and Magic. Magic? Did I really just say Magic? But of course! Disney Magic, to be exact."

Bram stared at her. It made her lose some traction, but, luckily, she caught the suitcase before it slipped from out of her grasp. Bram stood up and picked up a Paintbrush with a purple handle. Holding it in his hands, he kept quiet as he eyed it over.

"Magic," he was curt and blank.

"Disney Magic, yes. Feel free to keep that, --- if you like purple, that is --- you'll need it later. As I was saying: WWD is a marriage of Technology and Magic. This little baby can do things you can only dream of, because, well, doing things you dream up is sort of its whole purpose. Oh! Apparently we're already there. One minute. It'll be much easier to explain when we reach the checkpoint."

"We are now passing the Grand Floridian Resort. Based off of-" A female, robotic voice came over the overhead speakers, but cut off midway. "We are now changing tracks. Please remain calm."

"Thank you, MAVIS. That was MAVIS, by the way; Monorail Automated Voice Integrated System. Or, you know, a few random words I tossed in to justify calling an A.I. system I developed "Mavis". That is not even a lie; I just love that name. She's saying "remain calm" because well," as she spoke, the direction of the Monorail changed course to the side and the lights went down inside, "That. Nothing to worry about! Just ignore the sound of liquid filling up the car. It's just paint."

"I'm starting to regret having you introduce this part of it..." Mitch spoke out from the dark.

Silence held the company for a few minutes long before the lights returned and showed a true spectacle. The entire world had become painted, along with everyone in it. Drawn to life in a Disney style, each passenger had been affected.

"I'm a cartoon!" Tali clicked a button on her remote, and a line from "The Pagemaster" aired over the speakers.

"Pagemaster?" Mitch turned his head and shook his head. "Not Disney! We don't own the rights!"

"It applies," Tali quipped back.

"Very curious," uttered Bram, examining the planar differences between the backs and palms of his hands.

"You sit, Mister!" Tali patted Bram back towards his seat where he fell onto his rump. "Good, now put on these gloves. The gloves are mandatory."

"The gloves are not mandatory," Mitch added seconds after, as though expecting Tali's joke.

"Okay, no, but all the rest of these things are. The Paintbrush, which is tied to the magic you're seeing around you. They won't be really active until later, so just hold onto them for now. These, however, will be far more useful," she said, opening up another suitcase filled with rubber wristbands. "MagicBands. I'll just show you mine." She rolled up her sleeve to show a green wristband. "Just press the Mickey head on top, and a small holographic screen will hover over your wrist. From the Main Menu, just tap "Map" and it'll show you a Map of where you are and the island if you zoom out far enough; but it will always show you a zoomed in view of your exact location first. Tap "Bank", and you can check how many Disney Dollars you have; Disney Dollars will help you buy stuff wherever you go, and will be important for earning pins, which I'll get to in a second. Tap "Monorail", and you'll call the Monorail so you can go wherever you need to go."

"But, as the Resort is currently being prepped for your stay, and Magic Kingdom is the only park we can get you into right now, that button has been temporarily deactivated," Mitch added.

"Last one: Tap "Photo", and," a small rod extended up from out of the Mickey head and focused in on Tali. "♫♫Makin' Memories, Makin' Memories; Look at the Birdie!♫♫" she sang and posed before a click sounded and a picture of her appeared on the holographic screen floating above her wrist. "Gallery" shows you all of the photos you've taken. I may add little things you'd normally find on your phone, but it's in development. Oh! "Pins". Click on "Pins" to see which pins you've earned."

"I'll take the next part," Mitch stood. "Pin Lanyards and your mission. As you can see, WWD is a very special place. Through circumstances you will be familiarized with later, Disney characters reside here. I mean it. Disney characters. This includes the villains, and, well, they're becoming more powerful than we thought they'd be. Tali has done an excellent job of muting their powers, but we need worthy combatants to them on head-on. This way has to be earned, so you will be granted access to an extension of WWD's technology: The Pin. Pins make you stronger. It boosts your abilities and improves your Paint Brush over time. Collect your pins, and turn them in to receive your reward. Each Lanyard can carry up to 10 pins at a time before you'll have to turn some in. I believe that's everything. Tali, is that everything?"

"I think so. Let us know if you have any questions, okay?"

The Notes this time are really important, because they include credits.
    • Two (2) players post, not counting Bram.
    • Understand the content of the introduced gameplay mechanics. I tried to be as thorough as possible, but I want to check. PM me on Skype to tell me you got everything alright, or PM me to ask any and all questions you may have. We'll continue when everyone checks in on this, but not everyone needs to post. It's already known which items your characters picks.
    • Bram: Yes; Kara: Yes; Olexia: Yes; Saino: No; Ula: Yes
    • Character designs courtesy of whatwouldwaltdo.tumblr.com. Olexia design courtesy of Cowgirl-Wild. Coloring for all characters courtesy of Cstar.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  10. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Kara rubbed her temples, feeling the beginnings of a migraine. Magic? Paintbrushes? It reminded her of a Disney game she had once played with some friends, back when the Wii was still a popular thing to have. She might have signed up to help, but she wasn't sure if she was ready to be signed up for this. She couldn't imagine that she would use the picture taking feature very often. She hated taking pictures of herself. The thought made her smile and she shook her head, making the pain in her temples worse for a moment before it lessened. Of course she would worry about selfies before worrying about exactly how the magic worked.

"So....um...Are we working in teams, or alone?" Kara decided to ask, her voice sounding small. She cleared her throat before continuing. "I only ask because I don't want the paintbrush...magic to conflict with one another, but you make the villains sound tough. I mean, I don't want to take on Maleficient by myself or anything." God she really had lost it somewhere along the way. How was she just accepting this?

11. Cowgirl-Wild Moogle Assistant

The second the monorail and everyone inside turned 2D...Was the moment Olexia's inner child took over, she couldn't keep from smiling it was hard for her to look away from her own two hands...she was a cartoon, and so was everyone else!
    It was a dream come true! Well it would've been...if she'd ever dreamt about becoming a cartoon before, but nonetheless it made her giddy inside.

However the giddiness was short lived, as soon as Mitch mentioned that the Disney villains had powers, and were becoming stronger...well that wasn't good news.
    Olexia looked around to see if anyone was looking then zipped up her jacket hiding her shirt's logo.

"Questions? Yeah, I've got a couple questions...why do people call it a building if it's already built?"
    Olexia chuckled a bit at herself, then cleared her throat.
    "No but for real, you're saying the villains are becoming MORE powerful? Does anyone else here remember Jafar? Maybe Mal? OH! Or Hades perhaps? All of which were...I dunno...over powered callous whackos?! Is that the reason why we're all animated? As a safety precaution? Or is this-"

The fair haired woman made wide gestures at the newly animated surroundings.
    "Just a way to show off your new technology? And what happens if I dunno...say one of the villains gets a hold of our pins? Will the pins increase in power as well?"

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  12. cstar stay away from my waifu

When they introduced the paintbrush she giggled and asked softly to herself, "So we get to paint happy little clouds with it?"

Ula was extremely surprised when they suddenly turned 2D. She thought it was so surreal and had no idea how they managed this but she decided to shake off the thinking and just enjoy the experience. Throughout the rest of the introduction of the items she felt herself kind of getting into the mindset of a cartoon character, not feeling too serious at the moment. Heck even when Tali said gloves were mandatory she actually put on the gloves.

Whenever Tali showed off a new part to the MagicBand she pressed the button as well. Ula chuckled and made a little selfie, wondering how funny it might look for a Disney-like character to be taking a selfie. When pins were mentioned Ula kind of shrugged it off, why would she go out of her way to collect pins or anything?

When they mentioned asking questions, Ula really didn't have any, she just silently waited to hear the answers to the questions already asked, since they were in general the ones she was going to ask.

13. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"So we get to paint happy little clouds with it?"

"Very cute, Bob Ross," Tali giggled. "They don't really work like that. We'll cover them when they're needed, but there's still a lot of other info to cram into your heads at the moment."

"So....um...Are we working in teams, or alone?"

"A mix of both," replied Mitch. "Your progress through the parks will be determined by individual effort. To help you along the way, we're going to have to ask that you have at least ten pins on hand before we can permit you into Adventureland or any of the further lands thereafter; that'll be enough pins to fill up your lanyards one time, bear in mind.

"Questions? Yeah, I've got a couple questions...why do people call it a building if it's already built?"

"You'll have the perfect opportunity to find that out when we stop. Construction of the parks is on-going," Tali knew a joke when she heard one, but decided against any inquiries going unattended.

"No but for real, you're saying the villains are becoming MORE powerful? Does anyone else here remember Jafar? Maybe Mal? OH! Or Hades perhaps? All of which were...I dunno...over powered callous whackos?! Is that the reason why we're all animated? As a safety precaution? Or is this-"

"Woa, woa, woa. Slow your roll there, tumbleweed. As said before, we've muted their powers. Unfortunately, that's about all we can do as far as putting an end to their collective temper tantrum. We can keep them here, and we've been doing a good job of that, but they're pooling their powers together. With that, they've been able to take control of the parks. If they start making pins, then we're in trouble. Luckily, they don't know how to do that. Luckily...," she took a deep breath and smiled wide. "You're here. Great, right? I'm excited. You're going to meet all the good characters, make friends, get the parks to yourselves for a while, and, in return, we have a potential uprising bent on dominating the world overthrown."

"Why are there Disney characters here?" Bram asked abruptly.

"That... is very difficult to answer. I was actually kind of hoping we'd gloss right over that aspect. We don't really know know the answer to that ourselves. They just popped up somewhere, were collected and deposited here. The Disney Company is, of course, aware, and had this place commissioned. They're even talking about opening it up as a special park for celebrity-types and people who can afford to meet living, breathing cartoon characters and, thanks to me, become cartoon characters themselves for a span of time. You're getting that for free, so let's hear a big Hooray, huh?"

Bram responded by firmly grasping his hands in each other behind his back and staring back with a blasé expression.

"Or not. Okay. Ending the Q and A there, because, if you'll kindly look out the window, we're here!"

"Welcome, adventurers. To the Magic Kingdom in the Wonderful World of Disney," Mitch punctuated Tali's jubilation with solidity.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"I had this fella brought over from EPCOT --- the park I manage, in case you were curious --- and he's gonna be the first character you meet here. All so we can show you how Character Meet-and-Greets work, or should work, anyway; find your own ways, express yourselves. Just don't be weird and hit on Pinocchio or anything; he's a little wooden boy, so that's wrong on so many level-"

"Tali." Mitch cut her off without being too sudden about it. "We do have time constraints, and you'll have to return to EPCOT, I'm sure."

"Yeah, yeah. Okay, okay. One more thing though! EPCOT stands for "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow". Isn't that cool?!"

"Phenomenal," Mitch smirked and rolled his eyes.

"Hey!" Tali lugged over the heavy case, struggling every bit of the way. She was hovering next to Mitch and staring straight up at him, craning her neck to try and focus in as much as she could. "You know who else we have in EPCOT?"

"I know where all the characters are designated; I set it all up. I'm positive you'll tell me who you're talking about though anyway."

"Hey there Mister Grumpy Gills..." Tali puckered her lips like a fish and opened her eyes as wide as they would go. "When life's got you down, you know what you do?"

"Just keep swimming?" Mitch let out with a sigh. "I told you she was our resident dork. Bless her little hear- OW!"

The case had been dropped on Mitch's foot with a great clunk, and Tali tried to put on her best act like it had slipped. She gasped aloud, and --- with clear intent to --- "hammed it up".

"Oh nooo. It fell. Clumsy me. Still, at least I'm little and it didn't have that far to drop, huh? Yeah. Pick on my size, buddy, see where it gets you." She crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out.

The look Mitch shot the preening Tali was sharp, but cut off as the red case opened up to release an inflating white balloon. When the balloon had inflated fully, it resembled a human, albeit a particularly portly human. It stepped out from its case and removed it from Mitch's foot before looking around with its black, button eyes.

"Hello," it spoke softly in a monotone. This was made all the more interesting as it did so without a mouth. "I am Baymax, your Personal---Health Care---Companion." Baymax's attention turned to Mitch. "I was alerted when you said---"Ow". Please hold still as I begin scanning. Scan complete. You have suffered a slight---collision injury on your---right foot. How would you rate your pain?"

"Physical...?" Mitch spoke out the corner of his mouth up at Baymax, hands clasped behind his back, before he peered around the robot to lower his brow at Tali. "... Or emotional?"

Tali just shrugged.

"There is nothing I can do to treat your injury that your body will not already provide naturally. Be advised to seek---Medical attention---if you experience---swelling or persistent pain---in the affected area in a few days."

"I'll keep an eye on it... and imps bearing heavy metal cases."

"I cannot deactivate until you say you are satisfied with your care."

"Hold up there, big guy! Also, try to deviate a little from the typical script, "I am Baymax. Satisfied with your care" etcetera, etcetera, etcetera huh? We have company! Meet-and-Greet time."

Baymax turned his head and looked from adventurer to adventurer. Without a real face to show any change in emotion, he seemed altogether passive about the change in directive. It wasn't until he raised one hand in the semblance of a wave hello that any sign of recognition came from the balloon man.

"I am now searching: Meet-and-Greet---in my database. Result found. Please, accept this token to ensure safety throughout your quest." He extended one arm and a small pin released from an opening in the tip of one of his digits. He took the pin in the palm of the other hand and offered it towards Tali.

"Not yet. We have to talk first. Shoot the breeze."

Baymax blinked.

"I do not see how firearms used against---a slight air front---will fulfill my---Meet-and-Greet---duties..."

"It's just an expressi- What? Hey! Now you have me following your script. Stop that," she laughed out loud and took the pin Baymax had handed over. "Okay, well, you guys get the basic idea, right? Just talk to the characters, and you're bound to have an interesting experience. Hey, you might even learn something from some of them, and some of them are willing to help out against the villains; you'll have to find out who for yourselves though. It'll either be help or what you just saw Baymax give me." She held up the pin, a small white rectangle with a red dot in the center. "Most Meet-and-Greets will earn you pins, so there's a reason to talk to everyone. Now, the characters need a lot of practice meeting people and making their marks, so we're going to make things a little more interactive."

From out of Baymax's case, on the outer pocket, Tali produced six, identical blue booklets with pens attached by a string. On top of every pen, a pair of black mouse ears finished the look. Handing out one to each of the adventurers, she kept the one that already had "Tali" written on a thin rectangle of white on the front cover, and pocketed the extra one in her lab coat. Each booklet, in fact, had a blank space for names. Mitch took the liberty of passing a black Sharpie from his coat pocket to Bram. Once Bram had written his name down on his book, he handed the pen off to someone else.

"When you meet someone, have them sign a page from your booklet, and feel free to enjoy a photo opportunity. Remember the MagicBand? Click!" Tali snapped a surprise shot of her, a passive Baymax, and a disgruntled Mitch in the picture. "Simple stuff."

"Next, after that, there's one more thing you'll have to do to earn your stripes, your ears, or whatever you want to call it. Oh! Right! Your pins. Gotta collect'em all."

"Disney pins!" Mitch added, half-singing it to the tune of another brand's game title.

"Mitch. I'm reporting you for copyright infringement."

"It was going to happen sooner or later, I suppose." Mitch cracked a smile out of the corner of his lip.

"Jobs. There's a few locations around here, which I've marked on the maps in your MagicBands for you to look them up and see where they are, that are hiring for odd jobs. Do the work, and you'll earn a pin the first time, plus a little spending money. Not dollars, of course, or any other country's moola neither. Disney Dollars. They have Disney characters on them instead of old, dead guys. Much cooler. We have the superior monetary system, obviously. Unfortunately, they can only be used to buy pins from Carl's Pin Emporium, which is also marked on your maps; guys, check the map app. Heh... Map app. Fun to say. The stores besides the Emporium aren't open yet, but they will be, so save up; a whole bunch of fun goodies in store in those... stores. Oh, yeah, and before you expect to be paid in cash, everything's digital. Again, from earlier, you can check your balance in the little section marked "Bank" on your MagicBand."

"... Is there someone over there?" Mitch's attention had been diverted elsewhere. "...Sitting on a bench... eating a pretzel? Where would they even get one? None of the shops are open or stocked, and the only place around here that has any is- Tali!" He wheeled around to look at EPCOT's manager. "Did you let someone in and give them a pretzel from my office storage?!"

"Why me?"

"Because when thing's are out of place, they usually tend to have you at the center of things."

"And when they do, you're usually right there with the specific reason you're upset in cursive in the form of the veins popping out of your forehead. See? Right there. It clearly says "Pretzel". Baymax? Take a look at Mitch's forehead vein."

"I do not see any singularity that resembles your state-"

"Thank you for your prognosis. I will seek a second opinion. I'm a doctor, so I'll use mine... hmmm... I'm afraid... it's terminal."

"Your Doctorate... isn't in... Medicine... it... isn't... even... in... Health..." Mitch took a deep breath. "I'm not even upset either... I just feel like it's a bit of an overreach, not to mention a security risk. Who on Earth is that person?"

"The person this last autograph book is for. I already gave them their lanyard, paintbrush, and MagicBand; already explained how they work. The whole deal. They were hungry, so I looked in your office for food."

"Why?"

"To get your goat, because I like to."

"Fair enough..." Mitch chuckled. "It's mutual."

"Mine's harder to get. I have a fence around it, and it has a tracking collar around its neck. I care deeply about my goat. Take my goat, I will find you... and I will kill you, with my particular set of skills." Tali stuck her tongue out once more before walking over to the individual eating the pretzel and offered the autograph book. "We're all set now. Ready to get going, Winter?"
    • That's the end of the Tutorial! Congratulations! WWD is now open to play.
    • Meet Disney characters, do jobs, and earn pins. You only have access to Main Street as shown in the Map section of Info. You will unlock Adventureland, only for yourself, when you earn 10 pins. You can speak to any character you wish --- that's listed here--- at any time, and you may do any job listed here for the land.
    • Remember to read the Rules on posting so you know what habits to get into.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  14. Light-Rune Maven Seer

The young woman Tali had called Winter looked up from the napkin that had held her newly finished pretzel when she realized she was being addressed. She gave a gentle yet reserved smile to the energetic woman that had greeted her.

"Oh, yes ma'am. I'm sorry; I seem to have been a little out of it." Winter gave her response as she used the aforementioned napkin to wipe the remaining salt from her hands and mouth, folded it neatly, and set it aside to slip on the lace gloves she had lay down next to her. She picked it back up as she rose to her feet, tossing her silvery white hair behind her head to get it out of her face. The girl once again smiled at Tali as she accepted the autograph book, having taken an immediate liking to the woman upon meeting her.

Turning to see the others present, she was met with quite a cast of colorful characters. Running her deep blue eyes over each and every one of them, her expression was cold, though not necessarily cruel; guarded, perhaps. Seeing it more proper to introduce herself before she turned to dispose of her trash, she crossed her legs left over the right one and grabbed the side of her trench coat. She lowered herself in curtsy, staring down at her snow boots as she did so.

"Hello everyone; my name is Winter Shujaa. It would seem that I am to be one of your allies." The lady spoke to the other adventurers with a professional detachment, being polite while not really telling anything about herself. With her greeting finished, Winter turned and walked the short distance to the nearest trash bin in order to dicard her napkin. Pausing for a moment, the young woman took out a lolipop from one of her trench coat pockets and stuck the treat in her mouth when she had thrown the wrapper in with her napkin. With her professional demeanour now semi-destroyed, she returned to the others.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  15. cstar stay away from my waifu

"Welcome then, Winter." Ula said still messing around with all of the new stuff that felt relatively uncomfortable on her at that moment. Particularly the stuff on her wrist. The lanyard fit fine just under the collar of her flannel. She had the autograph book in her little bag to her side and she kind of stared at Winter's pretzel. In a spiritual way, it felt wrong. She felt like in another lifetime she was the one who would have been eating that pretzel. But she didn't focus on it for too long.

Ula started to back away from the group and asked,
    "Sooo uh, is this where we start our adventures?" she took a couple steps back more, "Or do you have anything else you need to tell us? Because..." Ula took more steps back, "You should let me know... you know... before the child in me forces me to run off..."

Ula was quite a distance from everyone and asked in a distant shout
    "Well? We've got people to meet and a park to save, yes?!"

16. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

For some reason, Kara felt like she was back in school. Individuals tests....ugh. She rested her elbows on her knees, her body swaying with the movement of the train as she placed her chin on her hands, staring at the opposite seat in thought. She didn't mind working alone, quite honestly. Only one person to depend on and one person to disappoint. But against some of the most memorable Disney villains? She might want a little bit of back up. A teensy bit. Even just someone to hold her hand and remind her what their weaknesses were.

Would they have to defeat them how they were defeated in the movies? That would be challenging at best, especially for Ursula. Unless she was moping around a water park somewhere. Knew I forgot something. Kara looked down at her clean clothes morosely before picking up her supplies, uncomfortable with the foreign objects in her hands. Well, at least water was cleansing, or something. She would just deal with it if the time came.

17. Light-Rune Maven Seer

The adventurer who had returned her greeting had walked off, another seemed to be fiddling with her things and mumbling to herself, and everyone else... was completely still. They seemed like they were alright, they just weren't going anywhere... or saying anything. Winter decided that she should probably get going as well.

"Well then, it's been nice to... meet you all... I think I'll follow the lead of our mutual ally." With that she gave another curtsy, a quicker one this time, and walked off in a random direction. It was strange, but she herself seemed to feel a little sluggish; she must've been on that bench longer than she thought. She shook the thought from her head in favor of moving forward with the current objective. She took a quick look around her current area and spotted two of the characters that she was supposed to be meeting with, as well as Ula.

She debated for a moment, but ultimately decided she should first make the opportunity to progress her primary goal while it was there, rather than make friends just yet.

"Excuse me?" She addressed to two beings of a slightly darker color palate than the rest of the park.

=================

Winter approached Jack Skellington and Sally Finklestien.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.