Who the heck can follow digimon?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Iskandar, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I've tried to understand this series' continuity, but I fail to understand it at all. So first off, seasons 1 and 2 are the only thing that tie to each other, because the very first thing you notice is that one of the Holy Beasts that shows up is in Season 3, but there's no mention of it at all. Online it says apparently they were sealed by the Digimon Emperor, but there's no mention of that either in Season 3.

And then there's the games where you play as some kid who takes part in the background of seasons 1 and 2, and shows up in the season 3 show, and even in a flashback in season 2, but nothing relates to it besides his silhouette.

Oh, and let's not forget the Olympus XII and Royal Knights. I can't even tell who's supposed to be the higher point of authority. Plus, is this all on the same place? Because you have Yggdrasil who's supposed to be the God of the digital world, but it's only on one server of the network, who supposedly has the royal knights and claims to go to another server to fight the Olympus XII. Not too mention, apparently Yggdrasil lost some of its body or something to Bagramon, who's in the Digimon Fusion series, but there's no mention of Yggdrasil in the show outside of Data Squad. But Yggdrasil shows up in some of the Digimon games, and I can't tell if that's the same Yggdrasil, or if it's even part of the continuity.

Not too mention, what about the fact that digimon is a card game in season 3, but no one knows of them in data squad until they find that portal or whatever, and in Fusion they apparently have existed long before technology, or something like that?

Gah, my head hurts. Part of this makes sense, but other parts don't.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

It's a multiverse, if I remember correctly.
    Adventure 01 and 02 take place in the same universe.
    Tamers takes place in a universe where Adventure 01/02 are a fictional form of media.
    Ryo is a kid in Adventure 01 and 02 who in the Anode/Cathode series of games leaves the universe for Tamers' after feeling used (Though there is a discrepancy in how he has a home life).
    Frontier is its own universe.
    Data Squad/Savers is its own universe.
    I stopped watching after those, but I assume it's the same way for Xros Wars and Hunters or whatever.
    Tri is a direct sequel to Adventure 01/02.
    So they have the same general mythology in each one, but each is free from the laws/rules/boundaries/exact mythology of any other series.

In other words, enjoy each season for itself.

3. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Someone tell me if this series is worth getting into.

Because I have fond memories of season 1 but that's it.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

• Digimon Adventure is Season 1 and 2, and it's generally decent and gets better as it progresses. The movies are excellent. English dub is ridiculous to the point of being more fun to some people.
    • DIgimon Tamers is separate from Digimon Adventure and it's pretty good.
    • Digimon Frontier is where I stopped following the anime (mainly due to scheduling), and I didn't watch any of Digimon Savers (Data Squad in English) or Digimon Xros Wars (Fusion in English.)
    • Digimon X-Evolution is a completely individual CG movie that's pretty good.
    • Digimon Tri is the newest series that continues from Digimon Adventure and retains the first season's cast.
    BUT
    • Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is a great RPG game that requires zero prior knowledge of the series and is great, with the story apparently kicking off in Chapter 9 (I"m currently in 6)
    So I'd recommend Digimon Adventure and their movies, Digimon Tamers, and Digimon Tri.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I personally liked Digimon Frontier the most because the protagonists actually took part in the fights instead of standing there yeling at their partners who are doing all the fighting. Tamers kind of had them doing something, but only as a supportive role. Data Squad gets pretty good in the later part if you ask me, and it definitely has one of the more darker tones set in the series.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I remember watching basically all of season 1 and most of season 2 (although it is hard to know exactly what you missed with broadcast if you aren't being diligent). I had only watched a handful of episodes off Tamers when I went through my "I'm to old for this kiddie stuff" phase. I'm actually glad in a way to hear that it is so disjointed because if I want to get into Tri I only have to revisit the ones I remember, I can pick up the others just whenever.

7. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Does it have Pikachu in it?

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

If by Pikachu you mean Agumon, then yes.

9. Ghost King's Apprentice

Agumon is the best, but that wargreymon though. Also Data Savers is pretty good too. They're all good.

10. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Frontier is really really good and the characters are really cool and I like them a lot (as you may be able to tell from my signature and avatar, which I haven't changed in like three years or more probably).