When Do You Think We'll Hear More About Kingdom Hearts' Future?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by lockedongamer, Apr 13, 2015.

1. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

By this time, we would have heard about a HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, but they're probably waiting for E3.

My guess for the late announcement is that they're trying to ready Kingdom Hearts III gameplay to show for E3 so they can announce that there is a demo that comes with Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD.

When do you think we'll hear more about Kingdom Hearts' future and what do you think we'll be told?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

At this point, I think I'd be surprised to hear Kingdom Hearts news before E3, given that it's just a couple of months away. I do expect something from E3, but if for some ungodly reason we don't get anything, we'll almost certainly hear something at TGS. And we're confirmed to have something at D23.

tl;dr The later half of this year will be better for KH news.

3. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I am optimistic and think that we'll get the game in 2016 (KH III, not 3D), so we could hear something about it this year, even if it is "PLease stay excited".

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I may be the only person who thinks this, but when it comes to games that have more or less been "expected" for a very long time. I just outright stop thinking about it / don't make any predictions. The reason for this is, it more or less elongates the "waiting" feeling. Am I waiting for KH3? Yes, but I am not going to make myself feel that time unless I have to. In my eyes, things like this cause us to judge the game far more harshly than we normally would on release. Like think of it this way, if the game ends up being great (not perfect but great) then yay everyone is happy regardless. However, if the game is "okay" then the people who plagued themselves with anticipation for years and years are going to be far more disappointed than the ones who just moved their minds onto other things.

I know this didn't really answer the question, but I suppose it did. The answer being "I don't", because that makes the waiting time easier.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

We're in the middle of April. These past few months aren't exactly known to be a time of big updates on anything KH-related. Having followed constant news on the franchise for over a decade, the only exception to this rule that I could think of would be some world reveals from sources like Famitsu, but even then, those only happen after getting an actual trailer for the game (and no, the E3 2013 reveal, the D23 gameplay, and last year's discussion between YMX and young Eraqus don't exactly count as what I consider an actual trailer). If you're waiting for an update, I would point towards E3. And in the unfortunate case that nothing at E3 gets revealed, there's always TGS and D23 later in the year.