What's wrong with Xemnas and Terranort eyes? And why Xehanort's heartless has red eyes?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by DanceWaterDance, Mar 25, 2014.

1. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Why their eyes sometimes are red and sometimes yellow? Terranort initially has yellow eyes, then he has brown eyes. Xemnas sometimes has yellow eyes, sometimes brown eyes, sometimes orange eyes. Maybe it has something to do with Terranort losing his memories, I really don't understand.... Another strange thing is that Xehanort's heartless has red eyes even if he is a Xehanort. And in 3d during the fight against Riku he has orange eyes.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

That probably could have something to do with the lighting in those specific scenes. Kind of how when a sun shines down at you, and creates shadows depending on the positioning of the object. The part where the light doesn't hit is always darker than the part that is being hit by the light. Just the same way, the part that is hit by the light is always lighter; sometimes objects literally have white spots.

So to answer what your question, it could just be the lighting...lol. It'd help if I knew what scenes you were talking about; I've never noticed that about the Xehanorts. Good eye. ;)

3. Sennitz Destiny Islands Resident

Nomura once told why was that. If I remember correctly, the more they expose to the Corridors of Darkness, the more their eyes turn yellow. So, basically, it has something to do with the darkness getting inside them.
    You can add Ansem the wise to the list of the ones whose eyes change color

4. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Ansem the wise has amber color already in BBS, so it's his natural eyes' color, not the exposure to darkness

5. Sennitz Destiny Islands Resident

Oh, you're right on that :p The darker skin while he is DiZ confussed me xD

6. A Zebra Chaser

It's implied that his bandages disguised hs skin colour

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Yellow eyes = DARKNESS

...I dunno about any red eyes, though. Except for that pureblood Heartless boss in BbS:FM.

8. Labrys King's Apprentice

Wasnt his eye color different in kh2 than in BBS? I thought in a way he was consumed by his own vengence meaning he had a huge flow of darkness in his heart

9. Explode Who?!

Everyone associated with Xehanort has orange eyes. I'm pretty sure Xemnas' have always been orange. Can you post images of where they've been different? Terranort's are brown (or a very dull orange), for the time where his memories are gone. I've interpreted this as a mix between Xehanort's and Terra's eye colors (when blending complementary colors like blue and orange, you get a more muted version of one of them), since neither of them really have control over Terranort's body/mind at this point. Xehanort's heartless has red eyes in the original Kingdom Hearts, before they decided to go with the blue/orange color theming. In the HD remix, they fixed this continuity error by replacing it with the new Xehanort's heartless model/textures.

10. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

11. Explode Who?!

It looks about the same to me. I think it's just the specific video capture and/or the lighting of the round room is a little desaturated. The eyes are easy to pick out since they're so bright, but if you compare all the other colors to other footage, I think you'll find they're all a bit more washed out here.

12. A Zebra Chaser

There's a white filter over everything in Castle Oblivion/The World That Never Was type places

13. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

It's not the same, in KH2 Xemnas's eyes are more orangish, while in that scene are yellow. And they zoomed on his face so you can clearly see his eyes color

14. A Zebra Chaser

Colours change in different light

15. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I know, but I think that they zoomed on his eyes so you can notice the different color. Like, in that specific scene, the Xehanort "presence" in Xemnas was stronger. That's how I intended it

16. Explode Who?!

They zoomed in for dramatic effect. He just made a decision, and the line he says immediately after is "The time has come". It's just the lighting.

Compare Axel's hair at 2:10:14 with it at 2:18:30. Or compare anything on any character. Everything gets faded out in that room.

17. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

It is like how Kairi's eyes are blue one moment then her eyes are violet in the next scene.

18. Sennitz Destiny Islands Resident

I was beggining to think I was crazy about the eyes changing because of the darkness :P when I found it in the KH wiki (http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Realm_of_Darkness in the "KH II: Corridor of Darkness" section)

"Anyone who has traveled in darkness for too long would show a few physical traits: their skin darkens and their eyes turn amber. This is especially true for Xehanort, the vessel that make his Thirteen Darknesses both have tan skin and amber eyes. In the case of Ansem the Wise as he only has amber eyes."

They don't state what's the source of the info, and I found that it's a fan theory, so it can be false. But look at Xehanort. In BBS, he has tan skin, then he takes Terra's body, and in KH, he has tan skin again... so it could be due to the corridors of darkness. Ansem the wise has darker skin while he is DiZ (and his skin magically goes pale when he takes off the bandages xD ). And I think that works for eyes going amber too...

19. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

No, Ansem the wise has amber eyes already in BBS, it's his natural eyes color, so that theory is wrong. And he has darker skin because of the bandages

20. Sennitz Destiny Islands Resident

Ok, I get it with Ansem the Wise, but what about the rest? Ansem SoD/Terranort, Vanitas, BBS Xehanort, Saix, Xigbar... They all are consumed by darkness, and have yellow eyes... it can't be just a coincidence.
    On the other hand, if Ansem the Wise always had amber eyes, that doesn't mean that the theory is wrong, it just don't apply to him...
    And I'll add two things:
    First, look at Isa/Saix. His eyes turned yellow after beign consumed by darkness
    http://images4.fanpop.com/image/pho...allpaper-kingdom-hearts-19321248-1416-780.jpg
    And the other thing: in the first KH secret ending, "Deep dive", Roxas appears in the "Dark Coastline", and in that version, he has yellow eyes too. Later, when they made KH II, they changed this, but you can't think it was just a mere coincidence.
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131019194131/kingdomhearts/es/images/c/cb/Deep_Dive_01_KHFM.png