What Level is Aqua by KH3?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by A Zebra, May 25, 2014.

1. A Zebra Chaser

Debated whether to put this here or the Spam Zone, but I think there's some legitimate discussion to be had here.
    Aqua has been trapped in the RoD for a while now. We don't know how long, what we DO know is that she was trapped there fighting super powerful heartless, and that she has a keyblade the strength and length of Ultima Weapon.
    So she must be REALLY powerful by the time Sora or whoever finds her, right? Like surely by now she's beyond Firaza or whatever KH's most powerful fire magic would be... or will she be?
    I think the only way the story will make Aqua super powerful is if for whatever reason she is a boss fight when you meet her. Otherwise she'd probably need a contrivance to be less important than Sora and Co.
    Probably something like the darkness weakened her or something. Or they could say she and her skills atrophied with the time... but that might be a bit too real for KH

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I never thought of levels as objective power levels, strength, or skill. I always thought they measured experience and familiarity with combat, which would explain why some characters start over at Lv1—They spend time away from their training and have to relearn when the need arises. So if she's constantly fighting for her life, I'd say she'd be a comfortable 100; but if she's found safe places then there's no telling.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Dark Margin, where she's wound up with Ansem the Wise, seems safe enough from Heartless...but then, she only got there post-KH2, so chances are she's been fighting for a long time. I think it's safe to say that she'd be pretty experienced at fighting Heartless, at the very least. I can definitely see Nomura going with the darkness weakening her or something, though.

Riku and Mickey are supposed to be the ones looking for TAV, from the E3 press release last year, so a Riku vs. Aqua boss fight could feasibly happen, if Aqua senses the darkness in him and takes note of his decidedly dark-looking Keyblade (but then again, she missed Master Xehanort completely until it was too late), but then again, Mickey would more than likely be with Riku, and given that he and Aqua know each other, the meeting between Riku and Aqua would probably go pretty peacefully.

4. A Zebra Chaser

Riku vs Aqua would be weird, now that I think about it... Riku has a lot of Aqua's abilities for no reason.
    People say that Aqua would confuse Sora for Vanitas and fight him, but that's not the case. Nobody but Ventus saw Vanitas' face

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Well, they're the only two playable Keyblade Masters.

6. A Zebra Chaser

It's not like Riku was a master when you played as him, and it doesn't really explain why they can both double jump

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

shhhh it was the only explanation i could think of

also, foreshadowing...?