...well that's unpleasant

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Hayabusa, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

Because for some reason the new writers kept wanting to re-establish the cult stuff (see: Origins, Homecoming, and the two movies.) I can't remember all of the changes, but it doesn't affect Silent Hill 2 or 4, since they're mostly disconnected from the cult stuff (besides the obvious reason the town's all mystical and shit)

Guessing around $20?

2. Trigger hewwo uwu

Ugh, I didn't really enjoy the way the cult stuff was handled in the newer games.

And yep, I think I got it around $24 with the manual and original cover art and stuff. c:

3. Hayabusa Venomous

BUT from what I've heard it's the best game post-Team Silent (well, it's argued between that and Shattered Memories) so I want to give it a try

4. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

You forgot The Room.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

Uh The Room is good.

Like the story is super creepy and the locations are weird and the TWIN VICTIM and it's got hella disturbing visual and sound design.

Sure it's got frustrating things like repeating levels and unkillable enemies (like the stupid wheelchairs) but I'll easily call it a good game.

6. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Well for me compared to the games before the Room, The Room was meh.

And no wonder I see a lot of people hating on The Room...

7. Patman Bof

I love The Room. I can see the reasons why people wouldn' t like it but I don' t mind any of them. It' s actually the only SH I finished with a 10 stars ranking.

Of all the post-SH4 games Origins is the closest to its elders gameplay-wise. Pity they didn' t focus on Travis' story.

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Every time I see you guys put "The Room" and I think "O hai Pyramid Head."

9. Hayabusa Venomous

I watched someone try to beat the world record speed run...poor basterd. Wallmen and the Hospital World are the worst.

10. Patman Bof

Those would be the biggest potential time wasters yeah. I didn' t mind them too much since I only cared about getting there in time, not breaking a record. I was more worried about the potential game over spots. The Wallmen would be the first of them but it' s right at the beginning. Out of curiosity, what' s the record ? I don' t know what' s mine but the file I kept says 1:47 (PAL version, 20% slower).