Utada Hikaru's new album to feature cover art by Tetsuya Nomura

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Misty gimme kiss

nomura_art_head.png

As part of her 15th anniversary celebration, Utada Hikaru will put out two major releases: a cover collaboration album featuring various artists as well as a collection of singles from her career. Both albums will release in Japan on December 9th, though no official tracklisting has been revealed just yet.

While Utada has contributed two fantastic songs to the Kingdom Hearts series, Hikari/Simple & Clean and Passion/Sanctuary, shortly after the release of Kingdom Hearts II she seemed to have severed her contract with Disney, much to our dismay. Utada Hikaru's upcoming albums, however, will feature art by none other than Tetsuya Nomura! Check out the full image by clicking the thumbnail below, and check the bottom left corner to see a a Kingdom Hearts-style command menu in the water!

nomura_art.jpg

Nothing has been officially announced, but this seems like a great way to tease Utada's return to the Kingdom Hearts series. Will we see a new, original song of hers for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III? Might they use a previously released track of hers that has yet to appear in the game (my bid is on Heart Station)? Or is Nomura just doing a favor for a friend? Let us know what you think!

Sources: FF-Reunion, UtadaHikaru.JP

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Nov 10, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      nEW UTADA MUSIC RELEASES????

NEW UTADA MUSIC RELEASES!!!!!

I HAVE A MIGHTY NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
    2. Shiki
      Shiki
      calm ur tits dude

tho this is pretty cool
    3. Misty
      Misty
      It wasn't clear whether the Nomura art would be for the singles collection or the cover album, neither of which are "new" releases exactly but still cool! I love covers.
    4. Mish
      Mish
      I hope this means that there is still a connection between Utada and KH, allowing for future collaboration. KH3 just won't be complete without a new song! If they rehash Simple & Clean and/or Sanctuary yet again so help me..
    5. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      Not that there's anything wrong with Simple and Clean and Sanctuary...but this is a new numbered title. So something new would be wonderful.
    6. Anixe
      Anixe
      According to the gallery comments by Nomura, it seems he's also awaiting for Utada's return, what with the double meaning of the menu screen at the bottom along with the theme of the painting lol. But still unclear if she will return with new content. Regardless, gives a little more hope for a new song. Kingdom Hearts III is still a ways off, so she may perhaps change her mind.
    7. Explode
      Explode
      I misread the title and thought it meant Tetsuya Nomura would be covering one of Utada's songs. I'm kind of disappointed.
    8. CloudStrife2k9
    9. Krowley
      Krowley
      The cover art feels more like a trap from the saw franchise.

At least that's the impression I got. Don't know if it was the same for anyone else...
    10. Chad Thundercucc
      Chad Thundercucc
      Needs more belts and zippers.
    11. Beucefilous
      Beucefilous
      I like the cover art.