Help User, Inbox, Alerts - Missing

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Hyuge ✧, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

My little buttons in the upper right corner that list my Username, Inbox, and Alerts are like disappeared. If I hover my mouse over there in the right stop, the Alerts drop down still appears, but you can't see anything. I tried restarting my browser and checked it on both FireFox and Chrome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Is this on your mobile? Which style are you using? The normal or fixed width one?

3. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

I have the same problem, but it only occurs in the fixed style

4. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

It's on my laptop, which is why I posted images of the web browsers and didn't just say it was on my phone. It's Fixed Width.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Use the normal, responsive style. Does the issue disappear? If so, it's an issue with the fixed width style.

6. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Yes it disappears, but I'm not going to use it. Fixed Width is better and I'll just deal with it not being there if that's the case.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Actually, it looks like it's something on your end. I just switched to it and don't have any problems:

upload_2014-3-25_13-30-17.png

8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

It's obviously not just something on my end if TwilightBlader just said he is having the same problem.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

I oversaw that.

Hyuge, @TwilightBlader, what are your screen sizes? Mine is set at 1366 x 768, the max and recommended.

10. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

1280 x 800 which is the max and recommended. I don't see what that has to do with it though considering it was never a problem before.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

Well, the smaller the screen size, the less space available to show things, but if it was working before, then, as you said, that's ruled out.

12. Plums Wakanda Forever

I'll try to see what's wrong & check it out soon. I can't imagine why it would suddenly disappear though. .-.

13. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Its been disappearing for me ever since the fixed style was available for me. Its the same for my home desktop, laptop, school desktop and even phone (desktop view)

14. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

For me this is the first time I've ever seen it like that and I've figured out that the buttons like get bumped down so they are underneath the search bar so when hovering the cursor to find them, you've gotta point it just right or the drop down won't appear.

Edit: Yeah, they are definitely there, they've just somehow managed to shift and are stationed directly behind the Search Bar. I can see a portion of the 'H' in my username sticking out at the left side of the Search Bar.

[​IMG]

15. Misty gimme kiss

I'm having some trouble replicating the problem but I just made a change that might help -- could you let me know if it's working now?

16. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

It is working for me now, thanks!

17. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I think I might have figured it out. It's working now but the text is really tiny, and this problem started as soon as I got my name changed. So it might be because my username is too long for it all to fit up on that top line considering there isn't a space or anything. Which would also explain TB's problem since TwilightBlader is all one word and with the fluid width everything is wider providing enough room for it all to fit on the top row and now get pushed down behind the Search Bar.

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

That actually looks like the change Misty made. It's small for me, too, when switching to the fixed width style.

19. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Yes. I figured out pretty quickly that adjusting the text size was what she did. I was just letting her know that I realized why the problem occurred for me in the first place and has been bothering TB all this time as well.

20. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah, changing the font size was just to test my theory. It should be better now.