[Updated 4/8/2013] Role Play Section Rules!

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Lana Del Jayn, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lana Del Jayn Queen of Disaster
    Administrator

Red = Last Update.

GENERAL RULES

If an RP dies/is locked/ is deleted, you must seek permission of the section mod for that area (that would be me at the moment) or someone higher before you can restart it. Restarting locked/dead threads will result in a warning unless you have permission. ROLE PLAYS WILL NO LONGER BE DELETED AFTER 30 DAYS INACTIVITY, OR FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN BREAKING THE RULES, NOT BELONGING, OR ON REQUEST. I WILL BE BRINGING BACK ALL DELETED RPS I CAN FIND.

✿ This is an open forum, friends/family only RPs will not be allowed and they will be locked. This is the same for all RPers. If you wish someone to be removed from a thread, then contact the staff about it so we can maybe resolve the issue.

✿ RPs created solely for the intention of violence will not be tolerated, this includes threads of the sort: "YEAH LETS GO KILL *insert name here*" Threads such as these will be closed immediately. I see this sort of thread often from a particular member, I will be issuing warnings.

✿ Please watch your overall content, there are some RPs I have seen where the RPers have overstepped the mark regarding relationships or violence, remember there are younger members here too please. If you are going to have 'mature' content in your role play, please say so in the beginning of it. Warn members. But keep the KHV Forum rules in mind. Nothing extremely graphic, please--warning or not. In addition, there is a 20-word minimum for all posts in this section, so kindly think before you post.

✿ If you want your role play to have POLL for any reason, you must make said POLL in the OOC Section, and for a good reason. I will shut down any poll I see that is made asking if people are going to join, or if it seems like a good RP, etc, etc. Polls WILL NOT be allowed in the main RP sections.

✿ RPers can only make 10 RPs at a time, anymore than 10 and they WILL be locked. Keep making them and I will give warnings. ONLY 10 ACTIVE THREADS ALLOWED FROM ANY ONE MEMBER AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

✿ No flaming or bashing in your RP, if there is a problem contact a mod, flaming and fighting occurring in the thread will result in thread closure.

✿ No more replies to threads saying things such as "Is anybody going to join?" or "Why aren't people joining?" or anything of that sort. It is useless and off topic and although posts don't count here posts such as that are certainly not necessary. Posts such as those will be deleted. Be patient, eventually someone is likely to come in to your RP.

✿ Two person Roleplays are no longer tolerated. Two people can roleplay through visitor messages, personal messages or IM. An RP with two people for whatever reason, as in all the other members left and are not returning, you aren’t allowing members into the thread when there is only two of you, etc will be closed on sight and you may dispute it to myself or any Roleplaying Staff member.

✿ It would be highly appreciated that if you make an RP that has an OOC thread, you LINK to the main thread in the first post. This is so that the moderator can close both with the main RP is closed without having to dig through the RPs. Makes it a lot easier. I would really appreciate it. Please link to your OOC thread from your main thread, and link from your main thread to the OOC thread, both in the first post. Thank you. And OOC thread is used to role play discussion. It is to be used as an area to discuss your RPs, help each other make RPs, post character sheets, come up with ideas in groups, etc.

It is likely, if you create role plays, that something or someone on site will inspire you. That's perfectly fine and normal. If you find yourself inspired by another role play, I ask that you give credit to the person in the opening post of your role play (Role play inspired by___). If your role play borrows heavily from someone else, I ask that you talk to them privately--preferably before you post it, asking for permission.

Please note, however, that inspiration and blatant copying are two entirely different things and the latter will no longer be tolerated. If you feel that someone has copied your role play, please come talk to me.

SPECIAL POLICIES

RETRIES?

Retries will only be permitted under certain circumstances.

You must PM a mod/admin if you wish to start over for it can be a waste of server space and clutters up the forum, annoying other members. After you've requested a retry - while also explaining your reasons as to why you think you should be allowed one - the mod/admin will decide whether your thread is worthy of a retry or not. They will then close the previous thread.

WHEN TO POST?

Role-Playing Arena (Otherwise known as the General RP section or RP lobby)

Summary: This is the general area of the RPA; Not a subsection, the main lobby.

✿ What to post here:

Real Life RPs
    Movie/Media RPs
    KH themed RPs
    Other video game themed RPs

✿ Common instances of wrong threads being posted here:

This is where I have seen most of the mistakes. Since this is the general area, lots of people overlook the subsections and post all types of threads here. I have also seen the mistake of having Crossover RP's in this section as well- remember that this section is for RP's with ONLY KH characters and OC's in REGULAR KH SETTINGS only- this means only places and such that occur or could occur in the KH universe. RP's about KH characters in shopping malls, amusement parks, etc. DO NOT belong here.

WHEN TO USE PREFIXES?

Video Game - Use this prefix if your role play is based on a video game series.
    General - Use this prefix if your role play is miscellaneous, or doesn't belong in any of the created sections.
    Anime/Manga - Use this prefix if your role play is based off of an anime or manga series.
    Real Life - Use this prefix if your role play is based around real life such as school or family lifestyle. Just realistic in general. These can also go in Original RP without a prefix.
    Movies/Media - Use this prefix if your role play is based off of a movie, book or TV show/webseries, etc.
    Crossover - Use this prefix if your role play involves characters from multi-series coming together.
    Kingdom Hearts - Use this prefix if your role play has to do with anything Kingdom Hearts game/etc.
    Advanced - Use this prefix if your role play is advanced, complicated plot lines, and higher expectations. This prefix will be REMOVED if the RP is not actually advanced. PLEASE CHECK HERE (CLICK) BEFORE USING THIS PREFIX.

WHO TO CONTACT?

At first contact a Sectional Moderator assigned to the roleplay section, if they aren't online or do not get back to you within a few days (I'd say 3-5) contact a Super Moderator. If neither a Sectional Moderator or Super Moderator is online either leave a message to one or if the situation is dire contact an Administrator.

Thanks for reading~

KH-Vids.net staff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)