Help Unable to Edit Original Post of Video Game Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I think it's because I forgot a forward slash in one of my closing bold BB codes, which I was going to fix, but I can't now because I get an internal server error notice. It was working fine before that. I actually edited it a couple or few times because I kept forgetting things before making that error.

http://kh-vids.net/threads/video-game-projects.114646/

If someone is somehow able to access the edit functionality, search for this and then fix the code accordingly for the Ended:

Code:
    [URL='https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6rb0tk_rHTIXi29z5Kr27PpymTQ_uZ10']Kingdom Hearts – Allies vs. Bosses[/URL]
    [B]Category:[/B] Bosses
    [B]Started:[/B] 2/26/2015
    [B]Ended:[B] 5/2/2015
    Edit: Yeah, I'm sure it's my error that's causing it, because I'm able to bring up the edit overlay for my other current forum project just fine, and it's a much larger OP with about the same formatting as my Video Game Projects thread.

• Video Game Projects: 6,167 words, 55,068 characters.
    • Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits Character Information: 45,473 words, 248,241 characters.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. Misty gimme kiss

You should be able to edit the post now.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

All good now. Thank you very much, Misty. :D

Was it just a simple matter of finding the post in the database and fixing it there?

4. Misty gimme kiss

To fix it, yes. When large posts have messy or just a lot of bbcode, the forum struggles to process edits. I'm sure it goes without saying that you may want to slim the post down, break it up, or just be more careful with your code.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yeah, I'll keep a closer eye on it -- it's why I do it on a document first, but I just missed something last night when moving that one item from Current Projects to Completed Projects. I manually typed the Ended with the BB code instead of copying a previous completed item and changing the information accordingly, so that's why that happened. Considering this is the first time this has happened, however, it's not actually too bad. :)

Can you please lock this now since it's been solved?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.