Triple Healing Moments

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Amaury, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Code:
    https://www.youtube.co/watch?v=vmZYKZ2VdcI#t=1615
    Really, though, the player should have been paying more attention.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Stop. Not linking. Timestamps.

It's easy

Step 1. Pause video where you want me to start watching.
    Step 2. Right click.
    Step 3. click 'Get video URL at current time'
    Step 4. Copy the url that appears in the middle of the screen.
    Step 5. Go here, start creating your thread
    Step 6. type [ur*l=]
    Step 7. paste your url after the equals sign BUT BEFORE the close bracket
    Step 8. Remove asterisk from bracket.
    Step 9. SAY WORDS AND CLOSE THE CODES
    Step 10. Post thread
    Step 11. Atlas stops being mad about this.

It's very annoying to load it up here, try scrolling, have the player be too small to see what you're talking about, go to YouTube, kickstart up another ad view while trying to scroll, and then finally see it. If this were the only possible way for you to show me stuff at a specific time frame of something in a video, but it's not.... At all... Ever....

There's also the suggesting that you could upload just the parts you want us to see on another channel, but that's asking for a lot more than a timestamp.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

You can view it in full screen.

Not my video.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

No part of me wants to set aside my now multiple windows, tabs, etc so I can see what you're talking about. Use a timestamp.[DOUBLEPOST=1422041513][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Aware, but it was more an in-general. You usually link your stuff.

Again, it's not like I'm pickin' on ya. Just use a timestamp. It's the same work for you just about and it's loads easier on us. Well, at least for me.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

You can view it in full screen without leaving KH-Vids, though.

I'm working on "fixing" it now ,though.

6. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I don't go to YouTube to view it in full screen, I go there for the full sized player that doesn't require its own window and occupy my time so I have to stop everything I'm doing.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Video.png

In any case, should be working now. (@Plums, tagging you just in case you were viewing this while I was still working on it.)

8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Thank you, good enough. I will show you the art of hyperlinking someday.

That said, he didn't even notice the boss just charging at him multiple times- wow. I don't even expect him to dodge just... FIGHT THE ACTUAL BOSS

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

It kept auto-embedding.

10. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I know what the full screen button looks like. You're not... understanding the argument though. Like, what you're saying is exactly what I've said multiple times is part of the inconvenience. This isn't the early 2000s where a tab doesn't load in half a second- opening a new tab is not the inconvenience. The inconvenience in that case is now having my monitor ENTIRELY OCCUPIED for one video, and sometimes your time stamps go on for AWHILE. Which is fine, I love having stuff to talk about and input on game wise, but you gotta realize- I could have been doing something else already and be still doing it while I watch. Now having my monitor occupied just so I can see what you're talking about because the player is so cramped. The main problem is, you're giving us a time stamp when YouTube GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO SEND A TIME STAMP. Like, this isn't an inconvenience for me if you're showing me an entire video. I know I can click the YouTube button and get a new tab and use the full sized player without having to full screen. I don't even have to scroll because it's the start. But in this case, you're making it much harder for the small convenience of not having to leave KHV. Truss me, sometimes I need to leave KHV. Like I said, this could only be, but it's my pet peeve when people tell me a time stamp when we have the technology to just give me a time stamp.

I know, it's a hassle and really annoying. Are you switching to the BBC editor when doing it? That's the only way I can make it not autolink.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm sorry, SJ. :)

Uh, no, but posting it would still auto-embed it, I believe.

Testing:

12. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

YOU FIIINE. I'm not mad, I'm just trying to help you see things I view as an awesome user experience and hope it passes on to other users! You goood. BUT KHV PROBABLY ISN'T EVEN GOING TO LET YOU DO IT NOW SO FUCK IT! THIS WHOLE DEBATE WAS POINTLESS

[​IMG]

EDIT: Okay, upon viewing your test I may have gotten a little mad. Not at you, just in general now.

13. Amaury Legendary Hero

[​IMG]