Top 25 Magical Girls.

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Bushy, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

From one of my usual sites which posts statistics and other anime news (can't provide a link due to some on-site content, but yeah).
    I'm curious as to whether people agree with this list or not. XD

Enjoy:

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

So many of my lovely Nanoha characters. Ah it feels so good for them to get the recognition they deserve.
    Homura being 3 is definitely about right in my eyes, but the lack of Reinforce I disappoints me...
    Amused that Millhiore even counts as a Magical Girl though. I suppose it fits, what with her being a singer, princess, magician... everything, basically.

3. Jayn

Interesting list. Madoka being on there at all kind of got me [/killed by Plums] , but Homura's place was well deserved.
    As a big fan of both Higurashi and Umineko, why is she considered a magical girl? And if she is legit a magical girl, then WHY ISN'T SHE HIGHER ON THIS LIST?

4. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

It's funny because Madoka became a goddess and she's #12.

Seriously though, is this based on popularity or strength? I'd like to know who the strongest magical girls are.

5. Pinekaboo Chaser

It's definitely popularity.
    In terms of strength, you've got Madoka at the top, since she's a Goddess, followed very closely by the likes of Reinforce I (Nanoha), and most of the other Nanoha cast just below her.
    Just below the majority of them would be Cardcaptor Sakura, most likely. Maybe not explicitly the strongest, but very versatile with all those cards.

6. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Rika is a magical girl in Higurashi Kira.

Anyways I'm not surprised to see Fate at the top. Then again, there isn't much competition in that field lol.

7. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

It's as Dark says.
    The votes are based on popularity and the like as voted for by a large majority.
    Further more, I have to say his ratings as based on strength are fair. Although, it depends on which Madoka we're on about. If we're on about Goddess Madoka, then yeah, she's the top. If we're on about the Madoka as in from the other timelines we saw Homura travel through, then she'd be fairly high up still but not at the top.

At any rate, I also have to share Jayn's sentiment about Rika Furude. I dunno about her being a Magical Girl (albeit, the constant reincarnating thing and the like is cool, and I think she's done numerous cosplays for penalty games, as well as being a Magical Girl in Kira... so that is probably the thing that counts there)... but, since she is on the list here and therefore is being considered as one, I do have to wonder why she isn't higher.
    Albeit, the others certainly do have a more Magical Girl feel to them than her, so that could have something to do with it.