this i made

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by 61, May 28, 2015.

1. 61 No. B

lists of my favorite writers and artists in comics. i didn't put a huge huge amount of thought into this. i basically just wrote down writers and artists that i like and organized them based on knee jerk reaction to how much i like their stuff. i want to see what other people would put down

writers
    1. Bendis
    2. Paul Dini
    3. Fraction
    4. Wolfman
    5. Scott Snyder
    6. Miller
    7. Simone
    8. Morrison
    9. Azzarello
    10. JMS

artists
    1. Bagley
    2. Manapul
    3. Damion Scott
    4. Capullo
    5. Pichelli
    6. Rocafort
    7. Mazzucchelli
    8. Bruce Timm
    9. George Perez
    10. Jock

like I said if I sat down and put considerable thought into this it may be very different. I hesitate to put Bendis at the top because I'm not sure if I like him that much but I loved what I read of his early Daredevil stuff, his Guardians is kind of fun, and I'm having a profound experience with his Ultimate Spider-Man. I also don't know if I like Fraction enough for him to be all the way at #3 because I've read very little of his, but what I've read was very good and I liked everything about his style of writing (Sex Criminals is outstanding).

2. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Where's Bruce Wayne?

3. 61 No. B

somewhere in a hole getting his broken back broken back into shape

4. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I think he needs to be higher on this list.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I've never bothered to put my favorites in a list, but you and I have very similar tastes.
    I will say that Rocafort is my absolute favorite artist, though, but I've noticed that his style doesn't always work with some stuff.
    Have you read Luthor: Man of Steel?

6. 61 No. B

dont tell me what to do make your own darn list[DOUBLEPOST=1432869935][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Rocafort was my favorite for a while but like you said sometimes his style doesn't feel appropriate and it seems like he's usually working on less that great books so justified or not that might have hurt my liking of his art
    it's high on the list of things. I've heard very good things about it.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Oh, I would like to add that the little I've read from James Robinson, I just love. Really sad when he left Earth-2. Quality hasn't been the same since.
    About Luthor, the ending monologue is what sold me on Eisenberg playing him. I went back and reread it after he got cast, trying to put his voice with it and I can definitely feel him as Luthor, if that makes sense?
    It has the...nature of the character I think he needs to focus on for his interpretation. It's a really good series from Luthor's POV.

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

excus where is the obviously superior artist on this list

[​IMG]

9. Misty gimme kiss

sex criminals may have surpassed saga as my favorite as of reading volume two like holy **** build me an altar to fraction & chip

10. 61 No. B

and im the one who introduced you to it

that like

that counts for something right? like when you retire this whole place is mine right?

(but for real it's awesome that you liked it)

11. Misty gimme kiss

yeah that's pretty much how it works

I should check out fraction's other stuff so if you have recs feel free to pass them along

12. Hayabusa Venomous

I've only read the first issue of his Hawkeye but I really like it so far.

13. 61 No. B

yea i thought so

I can't recommend anything other than Sex Criminals that's not superhero but the guy's done a few things other than SC for Image which I hear are all pretty great.