The Mortal Instruments

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Hestia's gaze didn't move from the wound on Clarity's body. It didn't take her much focus any more to perform the task, but she would rather risk doing one thing at a time rather then mess something up. It had happened before. "Do you realize the consequences of such actions?" Hestia asked Rhett without looking up. "Regardless of intent, you stole from the Nephilim. The Four will not tolerate this. Regardless if you become one of us." At this point she stopped, her golden eyes looking towards the werewolf as he waited for the barrier to be dispelled. "Titania is too harsh in her actions, but she is right. There will be a price to pay, for both you and Brianne. Even if you are the Alpha, you will be subject to the law. As are we all." She lowered her eyes once more, brushing a strand of hair from Clarity's cheek. "If only he had given you to me, little one." She murmured, a little morosely before standing, leaving the fire kitten at Clarity's side.

"I will linger a moment longer, but no more. I have already stayed too long. And I will not deign to call upon Yuri using my magic. Given that my element is fire, it would be an affront. As would asking him to plot behind Titania's back. This is something the Nephilim must do on their own. I will not interfere until he has agreed to provide support."

[​IMG]
    Brianne stiffened. "What does she want with Luce?" She whispered, shutting her eyes and gritting her teeth. "Until the others return, I don't think we have a chance in hell of getting her back." She admitted before looking to Hendrick. "Who said you were going?" She asked, a little impishly. "I might have a hard time walking, but I'll crawl there if I have to. He should enjoy the show." She shook her head. "Hestia is the least of our worries, and the most likely to help should we call for aide. Yuri is the most difficult bastard I've ever had the misfortune of hearing about. We have to be careful around him. One thing wrong and he'll decline to help us for the rest of our lives. Especially when they might be a lot shorter if Titania is involved."

Brianne paused, glancing up at
    Corvo. "Sounds like a volunteer. Go check outside then." She gripped the wall tighter, refusing to sit. For a singular moment, her eyes flickered. She was interrupted by Creed returning with a three word report, and blinked. "That makes absolutely no sense. Either I've been knocked out and I'm dreaming, or you paraphrased." She told Creed.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"I don't know. But Titania has Yorick here under her spell, and I fear she'll do the same to Luce." He answered. That would reveal quite clearly the severity of the present situation, and likely provide an explanation of why he was here now. The strange Downworlder gave them a quick report and he gave a look of confusion. "What do you mean, a flaming cat? I'm checking outside." He turned to the door and walked out. Sure enough, he wasn't wrong. The damage left by the Seelie Queen was obvious, and he saw Clarity being attended to. He also noticed the burning cat. And there was the small matter of the injured werewolf at the Barrier Rune with the woman that he was forced to escape from during the battle at the Institute, and the woman treating Clarity. He dispelled the barrier and jerked his thumb to the door, glowering at Felicia.
    "Get him inside. There's a lot to discuss." He assumed that since they were fighting the Seelie Queen, they were friends. They were both werewolves, and as he remembered before then the woman had others. Which of them was responsible for turning Brianne? Those were the only ones that he knew she had contact with. For now, he had to deal with the one attending to Clarity Questions about Clarity's condition would have to wait until later. He whispered the name of the blade which he had heard Luce uttering earlier before addressing the stranger. Gabriel. It didn't pay to speak whilst armed. "Who are you? I didn't see you battling the Seelie Queen outside when I arrived. When did you get here? Why are you here?" She was a Warlock, that much was obvious. And a powerful one at that. That might have explained the cat, but he wasn't sure. It didn't seem like a demon to him. If it was, then it wasn't malign. Perhaps a familiar of sorts? If she was as powerful as he judged, then it far within her capabilities.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  3. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Rhett glanced over at Hestia once more while Roxanne opened the barrier for him. He only gave the nephilim half of his attention while Hestia spoke, vaguely hearing where the infirmary was located. "The Four? You, Yuri, Titania, and who? The Clave? Titania won't be around much longer and the Clave...well they have bigger things to worry about than me." Rhett shook his head and sighed, the strain on his arms from carrying Felicia beginning to grow. "I'll tell you my choice as soon as Felicia's stable and I have a word with my..." What did he call someone he turned? He had never had to worry about such a thing before and now he had now been made aware that it would affect more than just himself or Brianne but that others too would be involved. He could have asked why but it did not matter now. The deed was done and all that was left was to move forward. Being soft was no longer an option. "I'll be back as soon as possible. Thank you for what you've done and the protection you are offering."

"
    Thanks." He muttered to Roxanne as she replaced the barrier once he entered. Another man was speaking, his voice unfamiliar and his appearance unknown to him as he approached the entrance. The man gave him a passing glance but did relatively little other than inspect him briefly before going towards Hestia. Rhett could have warned the nephilim to relax but he did not believe him to be in any danger from Hestia. She did not seem the type to kill out of mere annoyance. Not like Titania.

"
    Brianne?" Rhett called out as he approached the stairs. "I need a word with you. Now."

4. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Hendrick smiled as she asked him impishly if he had been asked to do this. "Well, I am aware that it's egocentric to think it was directed at me, but that's how it felt though I never said I'd go alone, if you want to go too, I can't stop you. And hell I'd actually advocate not going out there alone, same goes for you Corvo, Inquisitor or not, I'd say we move in atleast pairs, it won't make a helluva lot of a difference if Titania decides to play some more, but Bri recall those vampires? It would atleast even the odds if that happened again." Hendrick explained, he knew damn well he had vampire blood on his hands and Yuri might not be happy about that, but it was all in self-defence, then again he may have taken a small problem away for the man. Creed mentioned a flaming cat and Corvo went out to go see it with his own eyes. Rhett decided to join them and said he needed to talk with Brianne, right now. He wanted to talk to her for a moment too to ask what that was in the garden of the safehouse because he didn't understand it, well he did boil it down to two options but wanted to know with certainty. "Alright, seeing my presence ain't warranted, I'll go prepare, Let me know when we are going, Brianne." Hendrick said with more annoyance than he intended, as he walked past Creed, first stop the weapons room.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Roxanne watched as the world moved around her. Everyone doing there own thing and she was standing in the middle of it, little more than a tool being used and passed from hand to hand. Though she supposed that there was little else she was good for, She had a hard enough time handling herself that others probably weren't too sure about dealing with her. Even then she didn't like sitting in the middle like this, not sure where she should be. At the same time she feared running off on her own, not with the threats on her and the others. Last time she had left the group she ended up being strangled, kidnapped, tortured and threatened before she was let go, and she was lucky that she was even let go. That left her in an awkward spot of not being sure where to go or what to do at this point. Though she supposed first thing first, she had to return Brianne's Stele. With Hendrick and Corvo now there, they could deal with runes, and maybe Corvo would even return her own.

Roxanne approached
    Brianne and held the Stele out for her. "I suppose I should return this now." She said quietly when she heard the werewolf call for her. "I suppose you should go. Do you... do you want help over there or up the steps. I mean you don't have to take my help, I get that no one trusts me and you want to do things on your own. I just thought I would offer." Roxanne rambled a little bit. She wasn't as bubbly as she normally was but she was not completely upset either. She was learning to deal with things for the time being while they were a little more calm.

6. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Nicholas Nightwine
    "This is no normal werewolf" Nick gritted his teeth as his mind raced through the possibilities. Regardless, a werewolf was a werewolf, and their weakness was famous. Nick quickly checked his pockets but he knew he wouldn't find anything silver, he cursed himself for not packing more astutely. The werewolf was breaking free now, and by the looks of it they couldn't beat it with brute force alone, surely Gaia would not make the challenge so simple. Nick took out his stele, and as he was grabbing the weapon he caught a glint on the end of his sleeve. Nick grinned. The silver cufflinks. Once again his excellent sense of fashion had helped save the day. Nick quickly took out the cufflink, and turned to face the werewolf, which was attacking him. He quickly stepped back away from its mouth, he couldn't let it touch him, that was important. He didn't want to end up like Brianne. Dodging its swipes, Nick grasped the cufflink in between the fingers of his fist so it just poked out, and when he saw his opportunity, swung his fist around to hit its face, silver protruding from his fist.

Masque
    "You can't burn through rock, stupid!" Masque hissed at the other warlock from his safe position. The fairy couldn't possibly know where he was, but they certainly knew about the stupid vampire "Valister! What the hell do you think you're doing? Get up here!" he shouted to the vampire who was probably going to get themselves killed. Stupid people made him so angry.

Augur HQ
    "Oh of course, I understand perfectly Mr Keller. You are a man at the peak of physical fitness. Which is exactly why you are useful to us" Paragon replied casually "And of course, our own experiments have only improved this. I will get to you in a moment. But first, demon" Paragon stood and faced Slavko, that visor revealing nothing. He gestured to the suited man, who seemed unperturbed at the insult directed his way by his fellow demon. "This is not merely, 'Some fat guy', this is 'the fat guy'. May I introduce you to Abyzathilad. Embodiment of Gluttony, Devourer of humans, and your new boss" the demon stood up eagerly and proffered his hand to shake
    "You can call me Mr Gottwell, it's what the humans call me. I have a feeling we're going to get along very well Mr Slavko. Our delectable fairy friend here has given us a mission. I'm sure you'll enjoy it" Gord said with anticipation evident in his voice

White Queen & Black Rook
    Elizabeth the White Queen listened respectfully to the Mother of Fairies "Indeed. Paragon's cause has brought together races with histories of rivalry. He has shown us that the past is merely a distraction and should make way for progress" she responded zealously. The fairy queen was soon gone, and now they were to face a child, with powerful magic. Elizabeth's eyes widened with shock, and she momentarily turned to Black Rook, they nodded at each other. Both leaping to the side to avoid the tempest, they were nevertheless knocked slightly by the powerful wind magic this child possessed. As Black Rook leaped, fur began to sprout from his body and his clothes began to fall away. A gust caught him and he was sent sprawling into the soft undergrowth. But the creature that emerged was no longer human. The black wolf stood, ready to pounce, hackles raised and lips pulled back in a growl. Meanwhile, White Queen pulled the assault rifle from off her back. They couldn't get close to the girl due to the vortex of wind that surrounded her at the moment, but she shouldn't be able to keep that up long. For the moment, both agents kept low to the ground, poised to strike at any moment.

7. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Luce's journey was literally comparable to Persephone's descent into Hell. She tried to memorize the routes they were dragged, the faces and names of the people who took her and Cinead to the Queen's chambers. She tried to recall the twists and turns, ups and downs of the underground road they had taken, but after so long all she could do was shut her eyes and hope she didn't wake up buried underneath the earth.

When she felt herself stop, she was tied across the room.
    Cinead's limp body lay in the middle of the floor, and standing in the shadows was...."Yorick." Luce breathed, her heart pounding in her chest. He didn't even turn her way, didn't twitch or blink. She had to stare at his chest just to be even half sure that he was breathing. Cinead's body moving turned her attention back to the center of the room, just as Titania entered. Luce didn't avert her eyes, didn't back down no matter how much her instincts screamed at her that this woman should not be messed with. No, she would not show fear to the Seelie Queen. She would not let her last moments be those of a child, screaming in the dark.

[​IMG]
    Hestia raised her eyebrows at Rhett's response. He doesn't even consider who might replace Titania? The strongest always rise up when the weak fall. She shook her head against the folly of the young, and sighed, looking down at Clarity before gently covering the ifrit's body with the tattered remains of her clothes. It was then that a new voice strode into the picture. Hestia smiled at the ground before looking up into the face of an unknown Nephilim. "Angel children, always so arrogant." She murmured, gently smoothing the crease on Clarity's face.

"They think we should kiss the very ground they walk on, and give thanks for the air we breathe." She stood then, eye to eye with
    Corvo. "I am the High Warlock, and the next time someone comes to save your skin, I suggest you greet them with thanks and gratitude first, then ask the questions. Your world is crumbling, Nephilim. You'd be wise to save the alliances that you can." She found herself relieved that she did not have to offer her protection to any of the angelic descendants. Especially this young man. "And those who have their eyes closed tend not to see as much as they should." It was then she heard Rhett's voice, and the fire kitten looked up, mewling. Oh by the gods.

"Move." Hestia hissed to
    Corvo before pulling a bag out of her pocket. She dumped the dust into her hand and blew, the wind picking it up and carrying it into the Institute. Fire grew from the dust, wrapping itself around the form of the former Head of the Institute, Brianne Lightwood.

[​IMG]
    Titania smiled as Cinead slowly rose from the floor, his gaze turning towards Yorick. "Oh my sweet lad. However did you run astray?" She murmured, in front of him in a flash. She gripped his face in both of her hands, staring into his eyes with intent. "I thought you were the best. Sometimes disappointment is so hard to swallow." Her thumb gently brushed against his skin. "Sometimes, the best punishment isn't simply death. Sometimes, it's far worse." She let him go abruptly and turned, striding towards Luce. Picking a knife up from her apothecary's table, she smiled at the girl before pressing the blade to her neck.

"It'll all be over soon." She whispered, caressing the girl's cheek even as Luce looked off into the distance, refusing to show fear. Brave. But not brave enough. Titania drew the blade across Luce's neck, pressing only hard enough to produce a shallow cut. The look on the Nephilim girl's face made Titania laugh. "Oh don't worry, little dove. I need the rest of it fresh. Can't very well try to summon your parentage without giving them the best the mortal world has to offer, can I?" Tasting the blood that remained on the knife, Titania shut her eyes, and smiled once more. "Perfect."

She turned back towards
    Cinead, knife still in hand. "So what would you like your punishment, to be?" She asked the Seelie Knight as she drew closer, gently putting the point of the knife underneath his chin and tilting his head up.

The werewolf yelped, caught between Alarick's bo staff and Sien's concussion blast. She didn't have time to prepare for Nick's clever attack the silver pressing into her jaw as Morrigan followed up with a swipe from her sword. The girl fell back, her naked human form visible as she rubbed the spot on her cheek. "Dammit." She complained, getting to her feet and checking the cuts across her skin from Alarick and Morrigan's weapons. Her head was ringing from Sien's own attack.

"I'll never hear the end of it from Vo now." She sighed, then motioned. "Come on then. Fuck, that hurt." She turned and strode out of the clearing, leading the group once more towards the village.

~~~~~~~
    A pillar of earth shot up, protecing Vo from the fireball that had been shot towards her dome by Ash. She then sent the pillar curving and careening towards the direction the fireball had come from. It grew, smashing into the trees that held Ash and Aethelrick, showering them with dirt and debris. The dirt formed small missiles that pelted the two men, covering them with bruises and cracking a few bones here and there. After all, she didn't want to kill them. Not yet.

That was when Valister tried to attack her dome, alone. For a moment, the dirt pulled apart, opening like the maw of a great beast with the fairy inside. It swallowed the vampire, who found himself pinned to the wall, dirt forming a hard cover over his hands and feet to keep him from moving. "That wasn't smart." She informed him gently, her hands resting on her knees, her legs crossed. Still, she could not find the second warlock, and resorted to smashing her pillars of earth into several trees, hoping one of them would dislodge Masque.

~~~~~~~
    The girl turned, staring at the wolf for a moment, her eyes glowing white. "You're so sad." She whispered, the air tugging and pulling her hair as it surrounded her. "You're both so sad. Hiding it with something else. Hiding underneath it all." She pointed her palms at the ground and blasted, shooting her body up into the air. From this vantage point, she once more directed the flow of wind towards the two. "Why don't you stay here? Join Gaia? She'll protect you better then he ever will."

[​IMG]
    Alarick saw his moment to attack as Sien concussed the wolf, and struck with his bo staff, landing hits on the werewolf's chest. Morrigan and Nick followed up with attacks of their own. Wait, it's over? Alarick blinked, sure that this was a trap. It had been far too easy. And yet, the werewolf was walking away. Alarick looked over to Nick and offered a small smile before turning and following. Even if it was a trap, they had nothing they could do but go forward.

And it was not a trap. Alarick watched as the werewolf disappeared, perhaps in search of some clothes, and turned to the others in group. "Does anyone understand what just happened?"

[​IMG]
    Gaia approached the group that had returned, pleased beyond words. Not that they needed to know why. Not yet. "Well done. There is however, one more trial. But at the end, you will receive your choice of a question, or a request. Only one. And keep in mind that there are some things that I cannot do." She glanced at Morrigan, and then Nick, before her eyes returned to Alarick. "If you wish them to remain private, I may feel inclined to allow that, depending. Now, you may rest, or you may carry on with your last trial." And when you have finished, I will speak to the four of your privately.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan, a little nonplussed herself, followed Alarick into the village. She turned to Nick, opening her mouth as she intended to request some time to speak to him, but was cut off by Gaia's appearance. Another trial? Seriously? But it was the last one...and a request.....Morrigan's heart leaped in her chest. It wouldn't hurt to ask, would it? If anyone could do it, it would be Gaia. She could barely contain herself as she stepped forward. "I choose to perform my trial now."

[​IMG]
    Brianne narrowed her eyes as Hendrick left. Even with that discussion, he still didn't get it. They were never going to get Yuri or Hestia on their side at this rate. "Men." she muttered to Roxanne, before blinking. "My blade? I..." she swallowed past the lump in her throat. "I can't hold it any longer. I want you to have it Roxanne. But there's a price." She paused, struggling to catch her breath. Suddenly, her chest felt tight.

"I want you to promise me that you won't take lives anymore, not unless they are physically threatening another. No more skinning, no more torture, no more of your games. Killing isn't fun. Killing can't be fun, or we don't become anything better then Titania and Grayson. So I want you to wield my blade, but every time you bring it down, I want you to think, "Is this what Brianne would do?" Can you do that?"

She paused as she heard
    Rhett calling her name. But then, her vision went red. He demanded that she come? Like a fucking dog? Snarling she jumped towards the other werewolf, her hands reaching to tear out his throat, when Hestia's fire hands wrapped tightly around her, almost hot enough to burn the skin. She growled, her eyes flickering once more as she was pulled backwards, towards the High Warlock.

"Oh my dear." Hestia murmured, keeping a safe distance. Brianne glowered at her, struggling viciously to be free. "Change of plans. I'm taking Brianne and Clarity with me. There is room for two more people to accompany us. The others have to remain here, or go elsewhere. I would suggest the later. This will be the first place Titania checks."

[​IMG]
    Grayson nodded, then folded his arms across his chest, dark eyes wandering from Paragon to the man he was now introducing. This only produced a smirk from the werewolf; he had a feeling the demon was not someone who took kindly to being ordered around.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "New boss? No thanks. Do you really think I would just accept it. You are more stupid than you look if that is the case. I barely listen to my high demon above me. You really expect me to listen to him?" Slavko stated as he lounged in the chair. "I mean I am willing to hear this mission that I will apparently like, but there is no way that I will ever consider him my boss." Slavko stated as he crossed his arms and stared at Paragon, challenging him to try to force him to respect the other man.
    [​IMG]
    Roxanne just stared at Brianne for a moment having trouble finding the words to say. It felt wrong to even hold Brianne's blade, much less wield it from now on. "I don't hurt people unless they are trying to hurt someone. I promise I never have before. I-I don't know how well I can promise not to play games though. It is the only way I can protect people... I can't hurt anyone without seeing him. No matter who they are or who bad they are. Every time I tried to fight, tried to do my job I saw him instead. I needed to see something other than reality. B-but I will try. I promise I-" Roxanne's rambling was cut short as Brianne snapped at Rhett and some sort of flames surrounded her.

Roxanne backed off feeling helpless to do anything against
    Brianne's change in reaction. Helpless to stop the flames. And helpless to keep the promise Brianne asked her to make. "N-no don't leave! You can't take her! Please. I can't lose someone else." Some small part of Roxanne knew that this was for Brianne's sake and she wasn't truly going to be gone. Not forever, but the Brianne she knew. The head of the institute was gone. Roxanne suddenly started feeling cold and alone. She didn't know what to do or how to handling this. She wanted to run away and hide and she wanted to burst through that door and kill anyone one who was threatening to hurt Brianne or take her away. However Roxanne did neither of these things because she already saw how people looked at her. She knew that one more major outburst and she might not be walking free much longer. So she stood there and stared, her face blank as her mind worked and taunted her. There was so much going on in her mind it was a wonder that she remained standing and kept her shaking to a minimum. Her eyes scanned the room for someone to help calm her. Perhaps Hendrick would return soon. She just needed someone, anyone to help her, even Corvo would do at this point.

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"Yeah, I was." Creed replied. His paraphrasing attempt had ended with confusion from Brianne and Corvo going out to check to see what he meant. Those weren't exactly then results that he thought he'd get, but thinking back to how vague that he was with his report, it was probably lucky that someone else had decided to go investigate after what he had told them. During this time Brianne had turned to give her weapon to Roxanne as Rhett had spoken. Her reaction to this had completely surprised him and caused him to take a step back.

In the time it had taken Brianne to leap towards Rhett with what was likely the intent to harm, the lady that he'd seen outside had appeared and restrained Brianne from continuing with her lunge. The sight of this had cause the nephilim(?)'s words to resurface in his mind.

"It seems you and I are going to have a similar battle of self acceptance soon."

A picture of what she meant was further given clarity within his head, which lead to the next thing that he had said.
    "I'll go with you."

[​IMG]

With everyone attacking the werwolf with some sort of attack of their own choosing, it looked like they had managed to do some damage. Right as Sien got ready for another attack from the beast, it had turned out that they had managed to beat the werewolf. Following behind the others, Sien simply shook his head in a 'no' fashion to Alarick's questions. Maybe someone else knew. Gaia had appeared not to long after their arrival at the village and informed them of another trial. Just how many of these trials did she have for them to take? "I choose to stay here and rest."

It may not have been the outcome that he was expecting, but it wasn't by any means a good thing. Being trapped in the earth dome with the earth manipulating fairy. Normally he wouldn't shrugged in response to Vo's criticism, but he wasn't exactly in the position to do so. "Never thought it was." The vampire replied with. He'd left a few moment pass before speaking again. "So what's the point of all this?" Valister figured that he might as well as while he was stuck here.

10. Arch Mana Knight

The damage was already done by the time Ash moved upward onto a higher branch on a different tree. A few scratches on his face, a fracture on his right arm, and bruises that were sure to form on his torso and leave him sore the next day. Ash winced as he adjusted his weight on the new branch and pulled a rock out that had managed to slice into his leg. All because he had left himself open while helping out
    Aethelrick. Ash hoped that the nephilim would be able to make him not regret freeing him from Vo's magic. The damage could have been worse but that hardly mattered. Bruises, cuts, and a fracture here or there was hardly the worse pain he had felt.

The warlock glanced down to watch as
    Valister was taken into the dome. Hopefully the vampire would manage to hold his own in there. His eyes shifted over towards his shadow which had remained unscathed by Vo's attacks and totally unnoticed by the fairy. It was already within striking distance. His original plan had been to use his shadow as a distraction while he used his fire to turn the dome into an oven and force the fairy out but now a reversal of his plan had taken place. Ash did not want to place all his faith on one attack but his options were limited. Resorting to extreme and lethal measures would surely only cause Gaia to intervene and bringing a tree(or several) crashing down on Vo would only serve to anger the Mother of Fairies with the wanton destruction of her home.

Ash reached out with his left arm, pouring more of his power into the shadow as it began to grow as the blackness soon covered the fairy's earth dome. He clenched his hand tightly into a fist causing the black mass to constrict and collapse on Vo's protective barrier. Ash intended to crush through the fairy's barrier and pin Vo with his shadow.

[​IMG]

Rhett had just barely cleaned out the long cut on Felicia's side and muttered a curse in German over the number Cin had done to the already-injured werewolf. He started on the stitches for the girl's side when shouting coming from Roxanne came to his ear. He looked outside, because dammit if there wasn't a window he was making one, to see Hestia holding onto Brianne with fire magic. She made an offer to only take two instead of the many she had given her word to take with her. Anger welled up inside of him. If Hestia had already known that it was Brianne who had been Changed then why would she alter her plans so rapidly? It didn't make sense. Did she not know that Brianne was here? Given the age of the likes of Hestia and Titania he had assumed them to be almost all-knowing but...why would she be so concerned about Brianne? Why would Titania? A few reasons came to mind but as he rushed to finish the stitches on Felicia he shoved his thoughts to the backburner.

Felicia was in no condition to be moved but he could not just leave her behind untended to either. In some way, she was his responsibility. But so was Brianne. And, by the looks of it, she was not doing so well with keeping her newfound temper under control. Someone had to be there for her who knew exactly how this worked. That someone was him. Rhett cursed under his breath again and slammed his fist against the wall in frustration. Even if he could force Hestia to change her mind, which he knew he could not, he was in no condition to make threats. He whistled, calling for one of his pack. When one came Rhett motioned towards Felicia as he made his way out. "
    Get a werewolf to finish patching her up. Preferably one of her's. Make sure she gets taken somewhere safe. Somewhere that's not here." Rhett glanced at the werewolf and paused for a moment, his patience rapidly dwindling as the acceptance of his situation set in. He simply could not be there for everyone no matter how much he wanted to. As much as he regretted it, he had to pick and choose his battles. "If I find out she died under your watch, I'll hunt you down and tear your heart out. Got it? Good."

As he made his way down the stairs he called for one of his and one of Felicia's wolves. Given that the other pack had a downed Alpha, convincing them that it was in their best interests to spread out and get far away from the Institute was easier than he thought it would be. Then again, it could have just been his more-than-irked attitude that helped persuade them to listen to reason. It was a decision that would not have made Felicia happy but that was not as important as getting them out alive before Titania returned. Rhett's own pack complied to his wishes even faster leaving the only werewolves left inside those caring for Felicia.

Rhett exited the Institute and made his way over towards Hestia. "
    I'm coming." He gave one look over towards Brianne. "I made a mistake and I don't intend on letting it get worse than it already has."
    [​IMG]

"Oh I may have betrayed you but I am still the best you have." Cin watched as Titania had her words with the nephilim girl who had been captured alongside him. There must have been something special about this one.

"
    Pain would seem too boring for the actions I have taken against you." The fairy eyed Titania, his eyes narrowing. "Do you even plan on destroying the nephilim? Subjugating them? Trimming their claws?" Cin scoffed and pressed his index finger against the blade, pushing it away from his chin, nicking his skin in the process. "Perhaps my feeble mind is just too dull to understand what you're planning but it looks to me like you're not planning on revenge for what our kind has endured for so long."

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  11. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Needless to say, the Inquisitor was most surprised to discover that the one outside with the fiery cat was none other than Hestia Sunspoke, the High Warlock who he had been looking for. He raised an eyebrow and smiled, glad of some good news for once.
    "I thank you then, Hestia. I was just coming to find you, to beg your assist-" He was instructed to move, so move he did. Brianne was dragged out, and she didn't seem all that happy about it. He wouldn't be either in her position. He was starting to have had enough of being ordered around by the Downworlders. While he didn't expect them to bow, he expected to be treated as equals. However, in this instance it would be helpful if the ex-head of the institute would kindly calm down. "Brianne, please do your best to remain calm. Though you may be turning, a werewolf is not a wild beast." He requested in a measured tone. She couldn't afford to let her slip too far into the bestial state of mind that she was sinking into now.
    "It seems that the people going with you are mostly decided. If I may, at some point I would like us to talk, to form an alliance. I don't need to remind you of the gravity of what will happen if Titania succeeds." Corvo requested. He looked over at Brianne. "I hope you'll help in this matter. You're becoming a werewolf, but that doesn't mean that you're no longer on our side. Remember that, Shadow Hunter." He measured his words to ensure that not one was out of place or pitch. He needed to be the representative of the Nephilim and seeing that two had since elected to go with Hestia, it was up to him to organise this mess of a situation. It would be difficult to decide where to go from here. Their focus it seemed, would need to be on Yuri and getting his assistance. But how they would go about doing that... Was another matter entirely. Perhaps it was best to converse with some of the Werewolves nearby to gather some information. Unfortunately, his access to the records in Alicante were presently severely limited. They needed to get something akin to the Humans' internet for information sharing purposes.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  12. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

In New York

[​IMG]
    Hestia watched Corvo with interest, her amber eyes flickering up and down his form as she held Brianne still. "A werewolf is a beast caged in human form. A painful existence. Nearly as painful as ours, doomed forever to roam the earth until we become too tired to carry on, and end our own lives." She replied to his statement as he tried to calm Brianne. "Never fear, Nephilim. Brianne will recover. She is strong, and she is determined. She will come back to you. And instead of coming with to watch her painful transformation, I would instead recommend you seek out Yuri, the Vampire King. He is the one who needs convincing. Though..." and here her lips twisted in a smile. "You may want to approach him more humbly then you did with me. He is not a vampire who takes being slighted well." She turned to watch as Creed stepped forward, and then Rhett. "Sometimes, in trying to fix our mistakes we make others." She told him, with a shrug of her shoulders. Ignoring Brianne, who was growling curses, the veins in her skin blackened, she passed by and whispered the words to open the portal.

"Whenever you're ready, lads."

[​IMG]
    Titania grabbed Cin's chin with her hand, holding him still as glowing green eyes searched his own. "I have been planning the damnation of our kind for nearly a thousand years." She whispered, her voice deadly and soft. "I have wrought far greater punishment for them then you could have ever imagined. And how? You may be the best fighter I have Cin, but you lack patience. You lack foresight. You plan for dozens, perhaps hundreds of years. What's a century when compared to ten of them?" Her fingers dropped, capturing the droplet of his blood. She pressed her finger to her lip, swiping her tongue along the edge of it, and then smiling.

"I had hoped you would see it. I had wanted other things for you. But now..." She sighed. "Now I suppose you'll have to always wonder what could have been." She turned to look back at Luce, the lights shimmering off Titania's black hair. "Because their time is coming, and when it does, it will be glorious to watch them all burn. Send for the
    Emissary." Titania announced, seemingly to no one. The Seelie Soldier outside her door heard her command, however, and departed.

In Somalia
    Vo looked up at Valister as Ash's shadow squeezed down on her, putting pressure on all sides. "The Mother is testing you." She said, almost sadly, her eyes squeezing shut as her fingers dug into the ground. "Testing to see if you are worthy to serve her cause. She does not want violence, but she foresees it, and wants her soldiers strong enough to survive, to stay true to their course." Her teeth gritted, and then she relaxed as the dome held. For now. Vo wasn't going to try much longer. Now that she had received word from the Mother that the other group had finished, she was free from her promise to Gaia. But she didn't want to give up on them. Not yet. "Why is it so hard for you to work together?!" She screamed, her voice echoing around the clearing.

"Are you all so set on killing me that you can't see the smaller pictures that Gaia wants to put together?" The walls of the dome cracked, and Vo looked up at Valister with sad eyes. "One more chance." She whispered. "Do you understand now?"

13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Pardon me, but you're hardly the height of humility." He remarked dryly. She acted as if she were so far above everyone, even them. He wondered if she accepted anyone as equal. Perhaps it was the nature of immortality. It was good then, that they knew what it was to be mortal. It allowed them to see that life was fleeting and how important it was to make use of it, because for Nephilim it was limited. He wondered if she realised that. "Farewell all of you. And Brianne, good luck." He spoke sincerely and turned around to the Institute and walked back inside, leaving them to their business. As he returned he saw Roxanne staring off into the distance, a blank expression on her face. He frowned, suspecting that this was symptomatic of whatever it was that plagued her. The memories of this boyfriend of hers that had died, he suspected. Or the mysterious Him that she had referred to.
    "Roxanne, are you alright?" He asked. These people were his children now. As the highest ranking member of the Shadow Hunters, it was his duty to lead and guide them in their time of need. And as for the Downworlders, he had to keep peace and make sure that they didn't get out of hand. He wasn't comfortable with the presence of all the Werewolves in the Institute, but he would have to deal with it. "Get a drink and sit yourself down. You're only working yourself up."

[​IMG]

The Fae's Emissary was sat in her chambers upon a comfortable velvet chair. The room she sat in, what counted for her office, basins of water were lined up over the wall in which small little creatures of shimmering ice danced across the waters. Outside this room, in a lobby of sorts, was a fountain in which several of these Ice Fairies played, skipping along the water and leaping gracefully. There was a desk in the room, though she was not sat at it. Rather, she sat at a comfortable chair in the back where she allowed herself to sit when there was nothing more pressing to do. And for now, there wasn't. Admittedly, that was mostly because she couldn't fathom how exactly she was going to repair the damage that was presently being done. Glynda Weiss Estelle Eleanor Newfrost was by no means blind, and she knew what their Queen was doing. At times like this, she often thought to herself that Titania was better off as Queen of the Unseelie Court. That would mean that she would be gone, and that was for the best. Titania was making a mess of things. If the Nephilim got word of the truth of what happened, then there could be an all out war. Was that a possibility that she was willing to accept?

Her thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of someone, a Seelie Knight entering the lobby. Her little dancers on the fountain informed her, and she stood up and rearranged her dress, then buckled Solaris to her left hip. She had opened the door and stepped by the time that the Knight had got halfway across the room.

"What is it that you need of me?" She asked with a neutral expression.
    "The Seelie Queen sent for y-" She nodded.
    "Say no more." She brushed past the Knight and walked briskly to the Seelie Queen's chambers. She cleared her mind on the way there. She soon arrived at her chambers and was admitted entrance. Inside... The scene was disastrous. There were two Nephilim here. One very much a prisoner, the other very much bewitched. Cinead Coldspring, a Fae she recognised was here too and he looked as if his own situation were not much better than the captive Nephilims'. Glynda gave the Queen a respectful curtsy. There was no need to divert any irritation towards her today.
    "Greetings my Queen." She met Titania's eyes with the same neutral expression, as if she didn't notice nor mind what was happening around her. "What do you need of me?"

[​IMG]

The Werewolf paced the room that he was in. The rest of his pack, his old comrades from Norway were with him. They were in his apartment, in chairs, on the sofas and sitting on the floor. They all watched him interestedly. They likely knew what he was going to say, what he had been working towards. Now it seemed the right time to plead his case.
    "Old friends, pack mates. The time has come for we sons of the North to make our play." He looked at them all. "If we do not act now, then we will miss the opportunity to become the Alpha. We will fall into irrelevance. We did not come here for that. Therefore, I ask you all - Will you stand with me in my bid for Alpha?" He stopped pacing and regarded them all now, watching them with an appraising eye. He challenged each of them with a look, and when none raised their voices he nodded. It was then that Skjoll stood and cleared his throat. He eyed his friend curiously. Was this an opposition?
    "I'm with you brother. I dragged you into this world of ours, but you've outdone us all." There was a murmur of agreement, and the older Wolf grinned through his thick ginger beard. "I can't think of anyone here worthier than you. You'll do us proud out there." There was a cry of assent and a synchronised cheer. Karl and Skjoll clasped their right hands together and bumped shoulders. The other man slapped his back. Karl gave a nod of thanks to the rest and walked into the kitchen in the next room. He opened the fridge and retrieved two large boxes of beer and carried them into the next room. He placed them down and opened one, pulling a bottle opener from his back pocket and opening the first. He handed it to Skjoll. First, they'd celebrate their future leader, then they were going to get the word out. Karl Bardison, the Wolf from the North was here, and he was the Alpha that they had all been waiting for. One that was going to make even the Fae respect and fear them.

14. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Hendrick had gone to the weapons room intending to prepare for the visit to Yuri, after how he had been caught off guard twice over now, it was time he prepared more properly. He stuck with his trusty Seraphim blade but for his bow he needed something more specific. While they were headed for Yuri, it didn't mean they wouldn't run into the damnable underlings of Titania, so he decided to take five arrows with iron arrowheads with him. He also took his Stele and a bit of Holy water just in case. He took a moment to consider and put the Holy water back where it belonged. They were going to forge an alliance not start a war. To bring the axe to the negotiation table is in itself a sign of mistrust. So instead he decided to add more iron tipped arrows with him, just in case they ran into any fae. With that Hendrick checked and removed the remainder of the marks he had used in the fight with Cin and went to look for the others. He found Corvo and an upset Roxanne, he softly cursed the universe but joined the two of them. He looked at Roxanne and then turned to Corvo who seemed to be handling things "What happened?" He asked the both of them, realising Roxanne might not be able to answer.

Aethelrick was hanging in the same tree as Ash when Masque a few trees down started yelling at Vallister to get the hell away from the forest floor and into the trees. He watched as Vallister tried to attack and got taken into the dome. He also observed how the pillar shot up to catch the fireball from Ash. The gears in his head started turning. When yet another pillar of dirt came crashing down on them, resulting in Aethelricks narrator to say he ****ing knew it, pelting him with dirt and debris causing shallow cuts and quite a few bruises and if Aethel didn't know any better crach a rib or two. And it hurt like hell. His runes did help him retain his combat capabilities but the wounds particularly the ribs would cause problems for him. He followed Ash to the next tree and then said "The fireball, it could work, but you'll have to get closer. The other warlock and I could play the distraction for you to get closer and we could try again alternatively if that mound opens up again directly into it wouldn't be a bad idea either, but we'll have to work together. Speaking of which have you seen him anywhere? If he is so good with hiding and sneaking about how about we draw the attention while he blindsides her?" Aethelrick offered, he then saw what Ash was doing. "Ash, come on we should get down there. If you can, keep the pressure on." He then called out to Masque "Oi, mate where ever you're hiding. We could use your help about now." Aethel said as he climbed down and then landed back onto his two feet below the tree, he started running though his movement impeded bu the rhytmic stab of pain from his ribs as he moved for the dome in an eratic manner intended to make hitting him harder and as a distraction as predicting his course would take attention. If Ash joined him maybe Masque could blindside her, after all she didn't appear to know where he was.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Roxanne barely recognized Corvo approaching or talking to her. She was so far trapped within herself that it was a struggle to bring herself to the surface again. It took her a moment and a few blinks to realize the fact that Corvo had suggested that she take a seat and ask if she was okay. As for the drink part she didn't think she could actually get herself to move all the way to the kitchen for one, she felt too sluggish. The most she managed was to get to the nearest place to sit, and take a seat, staring at Corvo for a moment trying to figure out what she was supposed to say to him. Her mind was in conflict of what to think of him and it was making everything harder.

Before Roxanne had found the voice to speak,
    Hendrick had also shown up asking what had happened. At least her opinions on him were clear, so she chose to focus on that, chose to look only at Hendrick as she finally spoke, her voice barely a whisper. "They are taking her away too. They take everyone away... They thought I wasn't stable enough, so they took her away, and now they are taking Brianne away too..." Roxanne's mind was flashing between when people came and took her baby sister from her arms, and just now when Brianne was being dragged away from her. "Why am I not allowed a family. That is all I want..." She added on just as quietly as before. She knew in the back of her mind that she couldn't sit here forever, she had to do something, she had to help Corvo and Hendrick. She had to do her job as a shadow hunter, but it was hard. She had to work through it though because if she didn't this would be taken away from her too. Her only purpose left in life would be taken from her, and then where did that leave her?

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Creed watched as a portal was formed with ease by Hestia. The blackening veins on Brianne's skin showed that her change was still progressing. There was no way for him to know that what exactly this would do to her, but he could make some guesses. Still that wouldn't deter him. He had made up his mind and he was going to stick to it. After taking in a quick breath, Creed walked through the portal that Hestia had made.

As Vo gave the explanation for the reasoning behind this trial, Valister did the one thing that he could do and listen quietly. Hearing all this lead to a better understanding of the reasoning behind these trials. Prior to hearing this he had just assumed that ti was to simply test them before helping them, which he wasn't exactly wrong about that. Valister took note of the domes walls cracking before responding to Vo's question. "I have an idea." Valister left it at that before acting on said idea. The cracks on the dome's wall had reached to where one of his arms were trapped. Prior it would've have been nearly impossible to break free, but now it was closer to actuality. Mustering all the strength that he could manage, he forced his arm through the rock and patted/smacked Vo on the back. If his idea was correct then this was at about half of what Gaia wanted them to do.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  17. Arch Mana Knight

Ash knew he could pour more power into the shadow that was crushing down on Vo's dome but it would hardly make a difference now. Whether Vo was intentionally allowing Ash to win this contest of strength, albeit at a slow rate, or was actually just simply losing did not matter. Trap or not, that dome was going down. "We've already taken a few hits. A few more wouldn't kill us." He agreed with Aethelrick's plan but just agreeing was not good enough. If Masque did not follow through and kept hidden to stay out of harm's way it would all be for nothing. In Ash's other hand a bright flame erupted and wrapped around his hand up toward his arm.

Without waiting for any input from Ash, Aethelrick charged forward toward the dome taking sharp turns to make his movements seem random. Ash would wait until the very last instant to create a small opening in the shadow constricting the earth just large enough for Aethelrick to attack with whatever he had. Meanwhile, Ash made his way to the side, keeping to the trees for just a moment longer. He briefly opened up his shadow in another area and launched a fireball larger than the first he had shot earlier. The warlock jumped down and onto another tree to keep Vo from guessing where he was now. Once more, flames surged around Ash's arm. He felt it sap away at his strength but ignored it knowing that if he took a breather things would not end well. Another opening in the shadow encasing Vo's dome appeared and yet another blast of fire was thrown at it.

Jumping down and charging alongside Aethelrick would not have been the best use of his ability but it hardly meant that he could do nothing to aid the nephilim. Ash made his way onto another tree, refusing to allow his prolonged use of magic to slow him down. Again, the fire rose from his arm.

[​IMG]

"I know. I haven't lived as long as you have but I know what you're talking about. I just have to try harder. I have to be more." Rhett watched as Creed entered the portal before him and glanced once more at Brianne. She was growing more aggressive. The calm and leisurely approach he had wanted to take with her would no longer work. If she was ever going to get this under control he was going to have to treat her as someone...who wasn't so delicate. Not that Brianne was delicate before but this was a different matter entirely.

"
    If only we had the time to wait for Ash. He's held a pretty strong relation with the vampires for a long time. He's convinced more than a handful that it would be in there best interests not to stab me in the back." He shook his head. There was no point wondering what could have been if they simply did not have the time to wait. "Here's hoping the nephilim have some pull of their own. I'd hate to lose out on a potential ally in desperate times." Without another word, Rhett went through the portal.

[​IMG]

"Then perhaps you just might change my mind. If your plan is as...destructive as you imply." Cin's eyes shifted toward Glynda "the emissary". "If I were to speak freely, I would rather not do it here. Not with wandering eyes and listening ears everywhere." Though with Titania's attitude toward him, she was never going to care for his vague words and dismiss it as an attempt to buy time. If the Queen truly did want the nephilim gone, maybe he had acted too harshly against her. But she did not say what she wanted. There were still many things left in the air of what her ultimate goal was to be and there was still enough room to interpretation that what she wanted did not line up with what he wanted.

"
    Whenever you have wrapped up your business with miss Newfrost, I know I have something that you will find greatly interesting if you would be willing to speak with me. And I know how much it takes for you to find something interesting."

18. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Nicholas Nightwine
    Nick grinned as they beat the werewolf and strode confidently onwards to where the wolf lead them. His gaze kept flickering back to Alarick, and he smiled in response to the other man's smile. Eventually Gaia greeted them and told them there was yet another trial "Another one? Fine. I guess it's all probably worth it. I'm ready"

Gord Gottwell/Abyzathilad
    Gord grinned menacingly as Slavko talked "By Beazlebub, you're like a petulant teenager. It doesn't matter whether or not you accept me as your boss, the fact is this" he steepled his fingers and gazed over them "You will do what I say... or you will suffer. And believe me, I know how to make people suffer, even fellow demons" He licked his lips "And death is certainly not an escape, I have special contacts in Hell"

Paragon
    "Your mission, demons, is to find the location of Raziel's Sword. Both of you are expert manipulators, it may be difficult but failure is not an option. As far as I am aware it is still in New York. The Nephilim will know where it is" Paragon stated, his back turned to the group "Disobedience will be punished. Success will be rewarded" He stated levelly. Black Knight opened the door and the overweight demon left the room, looking over his shoulder for the other demon "As for you Grayson... you were cruelly taken out of your rightful position as Alpha of New York, but it is my wish for you to return there. We will give you assistance in this task and help you against the other contestants, provided that once you reach the position you help us. Call it a trade of favours. And with your enhanced body you'll be far stronger than your rivals. Sound fair?"

Black Rook & White Queen
    Elizabeth gritted her teeth. The child was being very strange, Elizabeth wasn't sad, she was determined. "I serve Paragon because I believe in his ideal world. Gaia stays here in her secluded forest, never helping the rest of the world! Paragon is an activist, Gaia is passive! I don't want her protection!" White Queen fired off a few rounds from her assault rifle, but the wind deflected them away. Meanwhile John, or Black Rook if they were going to use code names here, pounced at the child but was blown away by the vortex. He loped over to Elizabeth and nodded at her. She nodded back. Determined to break past the wind barrier, she clung to John's fur and vaulted onto his back. He stood for a moment, coiled to strike, before suddenly charging forward and leaping forward. But he was not aiming for the child, no, he was aiming slightly to the side to leap into the wind. For a moment, he was picked up by the swirling zephyr and they got closer to the child, before White Queen pushed off him and used her flight to proper herself inwards. With their combined momentum and carried by the wind she accelerated in an inwards spiral, until she was suddenly right next to the child. She reached out with one hand and managed to snatch at her arm.

Masque
    Masque glared at the others angrily "Do you not understand? Gaia doesn't understand real life, she lives in a world of stories and meaning. She probably wants us to work together, that's how the other trial worked, right? Everyone attack the dome!" He suddenly leaped off the tree and landed on the earth dome, pencil raised. It wouldn't do much, but it was the intention behind it that mattered He stabbed the earth angrily and stomped on it ineffectively.

Cassandra the Hag
    Blood. Red upon pale white fur. The opponent, stalking opposite her, red matting their black fur. The metallic tang in her mouth, fresh. Her lips pulled back into a growl. The two wolves beside her growled too, these were true wolves, animals. The crown of branches encircling her neck glowed green softly, resonating with the green glow in the wolves eyes. The opponent's eyes darted back and forth, wary. Cassandra's eyes were locked on his, blood red eyes, her gaze a spear piercing across the short span of concrete between them. Other eyes watched, yellow, curious, scared, respectful. Suddenly, the true wolves darted forwards to strike. The opponent put up a fight, but he was weakened from before and could only snap at the attackers pitifully as they clawed and bit. Lastly, Cass loped forward on her three legs, jaws dripping blood and eyes glaring with murderous intent. This wolf had challenged her place as leader. He could not be allowed to live. The wolves had brought the opponent to the ground, his neck was bare. With one swift strike, she bit down hard.

Later, Cassandra sat in front of the mirror in her wheelchair, combing her pure white hair. The shower had removed most of the blood. She hated it when her rule was contested, it was always so messy. She applied a blood red lipstick on her lips and posed in the mirror for a moment.

"This city has been missing an alpha for too long. I think it's time for my name to be known."
    "There will be others" Said Sawyer from where he lay on her bed
    "None of them are worthy. They think physical strength is everything, like Grayson did. He ruled through fear, I will rule through respect. Either way, it's ultimately up to the four"

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  19. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Aethelrick heard Masque's annoyed remark and saw him go at the dirt with a pencil, well it made sense alright. Ash fired another one of his fireballs as he saw the shadow give way. He knew it wouldn't do too much as the rounds were rather low caliber but he took out his P90, fired controlled bursts as he charged the dome, aiming for the opening's in Ash's shadow to hit the dome, as he closed he took out his Seraphim blade and following Masque's example of stabbing the dome, he noted the cracks and while Valister was in there and at risk, he felt like that was the kind of thing she wanted to see, setting aside compassion and steel oneself for what needed to be done. He used the Seraphim blade to stab at the cracks intending to breach the dome.

Roxanne gave him an answer as to what happened and why she was so upset. "It's okay, Roxanne, we're still here...We'll stick together..." Hendrick said, he turned to Corvo, this man was here and Brianne gets taken away, coincidence? No, it couldn't be. The agent of the Clave here in their midst and their leader being taken away after they all turned their back on the Clave. "Who took her." Hendrick demanded, as he stepped closer, the anger again being misdirected at Corvo. He knew full well that in a straight up fight he would probably lose against the Inquisitor, leaving Roxanne out here alone with none that knew her. And eventhough he hated the fact that life thrusted that duty into his hands, seeing he wasn't the most suitable person for it. But he also knew deep down that in this right ****ing mess they should stick together and he would try to do his best, maybe it wasn't at all genuine what he did or how he claimed he felt, but it probably was better than nothing.

20. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

In New York City....

[​IMG]
    Hestia laughed at Corvo's comment, her eyes sparking. "Oh, you're much better like this. Too bad you're a Shadowhunter." She watched Creed walk through the portal before turning to Rhett. "I think you have mistaken my point, werewolf, but it matters little now. Let us be off." She watched him go through the portal too, tapping her fingers on her arm before giving one last long look at the Institute. "Well, here's hoping that you all can pull yourselves together. I fear for the existence of your race." It hadn't escaped her notice that for some reason, every Shadow Hunter had withdrawn to Idris. Whatever Titania had coerced the Nephilim to do, they were now all in the same exact city, every single one. Except for those here. Turning, she quickly walked through the portal, and into her penthouse suite. Behind her, the doorway vanished back into the ground.

"
    Creed, if you would assist me by taking Clarity." She indicated the unconscious ifrit next to her. Brianne was still captive in her flames, and she strode with the half changed girl into a very special place. "My calming room." Leaving it at that, she dropped Brianne and turned away, locking the door behind her. "Have fun, little wolf girl." She sighed, rubbing her temples. "My advice would be to leave her in there for the time being, Rhett. I cannot stop you from opening the door while I am resting, but it would be inadvisable."

Turning with those words, she collapsed into an arm chair, leaning her head back and taking a deep breath. "Such deep magic has not been performed in so long." She whispered. "And I still have more to do." Clarity needed more. She was sustained for now, but she had perhaps an hour before her heart could no longer perform. Still, thirty minutes to rest would be sufficient. It would have to be.

[​IMG]
    Titania laughed as she turned from Glynda. "Hush, Cinead, you're being rude in front of your betters. You had your chance to talk freely. I have grown bored with what you have to say. And why ever would I care enough about your opinion in order to want you to change it?" With that, she turned back to Glynda. "I have a special task for you. In about an hour, I would like you to take...that." she pointed towards Yorick, who was standing in the dark, with a vacant expression, "And bring it to the Shadowhunters at the Institute. Tell them that Luce...oh whatever is your full name dear? Ah, it matters not. Tell them that Luce is dead, died terribly, and if they want to avoid either fate, they need to hand over Brianne and Rhett. They'll have twenty four hours, since the meddling warlock has probably spirited her away already."

Titania handed
    Glynda a lock of red hair she had cut from Luce's head. "Take that, and Yorick, as evidence. If they try to harm you, well..." She smiled. "You know what to do. Feel free to leave Yorick there. Or kill him. Matters little to me." She sighed. "Very well, that's all." Turning away, she crossed the room to her bed-frame, and sat upon it, letting the plants and vines crawl up her feet and drape across her body. "I grow so weary of silly mortal games."

[​IMG]
    Grayson stepped forward, his eyes glinting. He felt excitement thrum through his body, and he grinned. "How could I ever refuse such an offer? Many thanks." He adopted a somewhat mocking bow towards Paragon, but his face had turned into a predatory mask, his lips pulled back from his teeth. "My first order of business will be to kill Rhett Alban, and his meddling Nephilim bitch. They're the ones that took what was mine."

In Somalia....

[​IMG]
    Gaia watched as first Sien shook his head, but Nick, Morrigan and Alarick agreed. A small smile on her lips, she turned her green eyes towards Nick first. All he would hear was an echo of her voice in his mind, silent to all others. Nicholas. In all this world, you have done so much good. Helped so many, straight as an arrow. Do you think you should doubt the choices you make, or continue to act on the orders of those higher then you without question?

[​IMG]
    Alarick stiffened as he felt Gaia's voice enter his mind. Your sister will no longer be simply yours. She will have a difficult path ahead, should she survive the many twists and turns. Yet she will remain of your blood until her dying day. Will you allow the wolves to claim her, or keep her for yourself?
    I will let her make her own choices. If she wishes me to remain, then I shall. If she no longer wants me by her side, then I will leave. It hurt to admit, but it was the truth. He couldn't make the decision for Brianne. He hadn't been there to protect her, he had no right. There was a click in his mind, and then the voice receded.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan lowered her eyes, very nearly falling to her knees when Gaia entered her head. It was too much power, too much magic for a mere person to hold. No, Gaia had to be more then that. Morrigan Moonsong. So mistreated by your own people. Such despair in your past. Yet you have found new happiness in the arms of another. If the choice lay between your own people surviving, and remaining with your love, which would you choose?

Morrigan paused. She hadn't expected such a question to be posed to her. I......I would be selfish. I would choose him. Because none of my people stood to help me, none of them tried to save me. I would not be able to sacrifice the little joy I have for their lives.
    She tensed, a click echoing through her mind, and then the voice vanished.

The fireball landed in the shadow's opening just as Masque's pencil cracked into the dome, splintering his hand. Aethelrick's seraphim blade cut into the earth even as he was pummeled with rocks and dirt, while another pillar of earth careened towards Ash, knocking him backwards. All would have been lost but for Valister, who broke his hand free and simply hit Vo. She turned, her eyes flashing as she grabbed hold of his arm and broke it, the snap of bone echoing through the dome as it disintegrated. She smiled, letting go of his limb and getting to her feet, brushing the dirt off her scantily covering dress. "You did it." She said with shining eyes. "I knew you could." Walking forward, she planted a kiss on Masque's cheek, for he had been the one to understand her words. "Gaia will be most pleased. Come with me. The others have started their final trial." With that, she walked back into the forest, towards the clearing.

The child turned, her eyes frightened as she looked at White Queen's hand on her arm. "So determined in your cause." She whispered, the winds abruptly stopping as she dropped towards the ground. "But what happens when it comes at a price you cannot even imagine?" She looked to Black Rook, her eyes shining with tears. "What happens when it takes so much, and leaves only you, broken and bleeding?" Turning, she buried her face in White Queen's waist, wrapping her small arms around the vampire as her tiny shoulders shook with sobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.