The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

All this talk makes me want to get back into deckbuilding on Dueling Network, but my laptop won't open the site. >:1

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

i'd like to get back into some competitive dueling if it weren't for the fact that most modern decks are ridiculous...

3. Hayabusa Venomous

BTW I agreed with my friend that if she watches Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, I'll watch all of Supernatural.

Farewell, friends.

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

at the very least, i feel like you'll enjoy the first couple seasons

5. 61 No. B

brb falling in love with black sabbath

ya ygo stopped being an actual game quite a while ago. and it was never a game that should have been played on a competitive level bc its just not built to be like that. its based on a kids show that constantly has to reinvent itself with new absurd gimmicks to keep the kids entertained. thats fine for a show but doesnt at all translate to a respectable game. i like playing the game with friends and stuff but once you start getting beyond casual play its completely devoid of fun. at least thats my take on it.

6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Implying you weren't already? This makes me sad.

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

and this is actually why Legacy of the Duelist appeals to me so much. in single player, you can go back to the good old days before synchro summons while also reliving anime moments if you watched it. if not, you get a WAY more condensed version of the show (kinda like a highlight reel with story explanation sprinkled in where it's needed)

8. Ghost King's Apprentice

[​IMG]

Get ygopro

9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

The same can be said about most competitive games, though. The only games I know of that aren't drastically different on a competitive level are rhythm based games.

FPS, mobas, card games, etc, are all drastically different on the competitive level. For example I used to play a lot of Call of Dury, but it eventually got ruined because a friend of mine was obsessed with the competitive nature (not to mention the game just got worse)

In the same light, I cannot play League of Legends casually unless it's a different game mode than the regular 5v5. If you play enough ranked (for example) you eventually just treat every 5v5 game like a ranked game, which renders the normal queue pointless.

I could go on, but you get my point (I hope)

10. Misty gimme kiss

i can't believe you guys are talking about games other than stardew valley

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Funny thing about games...

First thing I do after agonizing over getting a 4.0 this semester: Play Persona 4

I really don't make much sense at all, then again you guys probably already knew that.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  12. Hayabusa Venomous

Nah man, it makes perfect sense to me.

You do so much real school that you gotta make sure you don't mess up in anime school either.

13. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I legit haven't played YGO competitively in years. I don't even think my deck is legal (idk is Sangan still banned?).

FYI I still run the exact same Crystal Beast deck I've been using the last 5 years. Unless I can get my hands on some of those pretty new CB Pendulums, I know for a fact I'd get my ass kicked with it.

14. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

You'd be surprised by how many college students lose their collective minds over a Bluetooth controlled BB8. I'm not making fun of them; it was actually really cool seeing so many happy faces this close to finals.

For a moment, I was their king.

15. Ghost King's Apprentice

I don't have any confidence in my playing abilities so I can't bring myself to play 5v5 ranked lol

16. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

The hopelessly depressing part about ranked in lower MMR (matchmaking rating) is that the key to victory is not to be better than your opponents, but to not fight with your team mates. I've been in bronze through platinum MMR (currently low-mid gold due to practicing other roles) and the one thing that hasn't changed is just how toxic the people are. If you can somehow get them to put their energy towards actually fighting the other team instead of fighting among themselves, then you'll be fine.

17. 61 No. B

i stumbled upon this channel called comicstorian and i just hate everything that it stands for

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

Then don't look at it.

19. 61 No. B

so much presumption i love it

20. Ghost King's Apprentice

Bot intro 10/10 lol

Screenshot_20160505-072040.jpg